Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Record 15p a litre to the price of petrol

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2009, 10:43 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Record 15p a litre to the price of petrol

Petrol to rise by 15p a litre as Government raises taxes from motorists to pay off massive debts | Mail Online

Not sure if it's typical media scare mongering or not but knowing this Government it could be true .
Old 30 December 2009, 11:10 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

When has the Mail ever written anything that is true?
Old 30 December 2009, 11:55 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

They leak amounts like this to the press to soften us up so when the real figure like 10 pence per litre is imposed it will seem like they have let us off lightly.

Big tax rises are coming and fuel is a win win for the government it is "green" so they can hammer it and appear to be saving the planet whilst raising large amounts of money.

The sickener is we are giving money to places like india who will use cheap petrol and coal to under cut us and steal jobs from this country.
Old 31 December 2009, 12:06 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Adrian F
They leak amounts like this to the press to soften us up so when the real figure like 10 pence per litre is imposed it will seem like they have let us off lightly.

Big tax rises are coming and fuel is a win win for the government it is "green" so they can hammer it and appear to be saving the planet whilst raising large amounts of money.

The sickener is we are giving money to places like india who will use cheap petrol and coal to under cut us and steal jobs from this country.
Yeap - I concur. There is a modicum of voracity in the comment above!!

Cunstuards!!!
Old 31 December 2009, 12:27 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Adrian F

Where does it say this story was 'leaked'??? You have predicated your whole post on this assumption.

Have you asked yourself who's interest it would be in to leak a story like this, the governments just ahead of the election? I don't thinks so. Or the Daily Mail trying to get middle England all stirred up, just ahead on an election?

I know which one my money would be on.
Old 31 December 2009, 12:39 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

I wait with baited wallet
Old 31 December 2009, 12:47 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I think on balance, Adrian F's post is more likely to be right than Martin's.

I wait to be proved wrong.............
Old 31 December 2009, 01:00 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
I think on balance, Adrian F's post is more likely to be right than Martin's.

I wait to be proved wrong.............
+1
Old 31 December 2009, 01:26 AM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

What's an extra 60p a Gallon?

I mean, come on, see sense ... some people posting on here spend £1,000's to make their cars drink MORE petrol !!!!!

They are actually increasing their own fuel bills - willingly, yes, it's true I tell you!! and then they moan on here about a few pennies more to help the country out of the mire!!
Old 31 December 2009, 02:30 AM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp

I mean, come on, see sense ... some people posting on here spend £1,000's to make their cars drink MORE petrol !!!!!

They are actually increasing their own fuel bills - willingly, yes, it's true I tell you!! and then they moan on here about a few pennies more to help the country out of the mire!!
Help the country out of the mire FFS SSU you crack me up Happy New Year
Old 31 December 2009, 02:45 AM
Stealth
Scooby Regular

Clear debt in country = easy.............

Stop giving all our tax money to lazy ****ing spongers that haver never put in to the system

Stp fighting every other ****ers wars and focus the weapons money on our country, all the time we are trying, unsuccessfully, to fix someone elses country ours is going to ****.

why not ramp up tax on booze and ****, at least that way the get back nearly everything they give to the spongers back again because they always have enough money to be faggin and down the pub
Old 31 December 2009, 08:45 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

If this happens before Labour get into power it will be a like a suicide note because they know they are going down and will do it to help any future Government.

Or it will be done by the new Government which will be five to six months away.

Or it is the Daily Mail stirring up the electorate.

I am with Martin on this one - otherwise it is political suicide any which way you look.

I would put the 50p on a pack of cigarettes and 20p per unit of alcohol. That will fill the coffers
Old 31 December 2009, 08:52 AM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

I would put 33% Tax on all modifications to cars which are designed to drink more fuel

Oh, and while I'm at it - I would put a tax of 50% on Kocklinks, we should tax the stupid

HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody
Old 31 December 2009, 09:08 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

I would put 33% Tax on all modifications to cars which are designed to drink more fuel

Oh, and while I'm at it - I would put a tax of 50% on Kocklinks, we should tax the stupid

HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody

Be careful what you wish for Pete. That would cost you a pretty penny!

Old 31 December 2009, 10:27 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

...... we should tax the stupid
They do already, for many years, its called the National Lottery!!
Old 31 December 2009, 10:34 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

This is a valid point, people CONSTANTLY winge because it costs them about £2 more per week to run a car, yet spend thousands on "mods"

Yet when it comes to the crunch and protests happen, they are to lazy to make a stand and hope somebody else will instead
Old 31 December 2009, 02:23 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trout
You must read it all the time to know that!

Les
Old 31 December 2009, 02:36 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody
I think you have seen the light Pete and you are getting all the excuses lined up for when your heroes are forced to actually increase taxes to where they need to be to pay off the interest on the National Debt and in a vain attempt to back all those billions that they have printed in order to service the enormous sums of money that they are still pissing against the wall! The IMF will soon be telling them that they will have no further support as in fact they told Callaghan unless they reduce useless and wasteful government spending, unless they have told them already!

The Knocklink is in fact a very usefull piece of equipment in that it will tell you to reduce the throttle opening in order to protect your engine. As a scientist I am sure you realise that-it is nothing to do with the Doppler effect at least! I know you found that difficult.

Les
Old 01 January 2010, 01:24 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

You are no fun any more Pete!

Les
Old 01 January 2010, 01:36 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trout
I would guess most of the time, or they would either be out of business or sued off the face of fleet street.
Old 01 January 2010, 01:49 PM
lovinmescoob
Scooby Regular

If as they say it's going to hit around £1.20/30 a litre I think it's still fairly cheap when if you think like Clarkson once said, something along the lines of :-

" the oil companys have to build a platform tow it out to sea or place it on land then drill a hole if there lucky won't have to drill another then fill a boat with oil get it refined, put it in a tanker deliver that to a petrol station and then provide a means for you to fill your car" or something like that!!!

Anyway compare it to the price of a pint in your local then it's not to bad a price
Old 01 January 2010, 02:11 PM
Glowplug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lovinmescoob
If as they say it's going to hit around £1.20/30 a litre I think it's still fairly cheap when if you think like Clarkson once said, something along the lines of :-

" the oil companys have to build a platform tow it out to sea or place it on land then drill a hole if there lucky won't have to drill another then fill a boat with oil get it refined, put it in a tanker deliver that to a petrol station and then provide a means for you to fill your car" or something like that!!!

Anyway compare it to the price of a pint in your local then it's not to bad a price
Yeah, but Clarkson generally talks bo11ox
Old 01 January 2010, 03:51 PM
tkws5606
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lovinmescoob

I would agree if it was not for the fact that we pay more for fuel than nearly every other country in the world the annoying part is that the fuel is cheep but the tax the government place on it is fecking ridiculous.
Old 01 January 2010, 04:11 PM
V5RLTD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stealth
Clear debt in country = easy.............

Stop giving all our tax money to lazy ****ing spongers that haver never put in to the system

Stp fighting every other ****ers wars and focus the weapons money on our country, all the time we are trying, unsuccessfully, to fix someone elses country ours is going to ****.

why not ramp up tax on booze and ****, at least that way the get back nearly everything they give to the spongers back again because they always have enough money to be faggin and down the pub
Old 01 January 2010, 04:39 PM
bodgeit
BANNED

Yeah,but Simon Cowell's bitch dint get to number 1 this Christmas.
Old 02 January 2010, 07:59 PM
SVXNUT
Scooby Regular

Well, as someone in the transport industry. I can assure you all, that if this happens, the people that will suffer the most will be the low paid family's and those on benefits. It will also plunge the country well back into recession, as all everyday essentials will cost far more due to increased transport costs. That is of course unless someone gives us the essential service tax break, like the emengency services get. My business is hanging on by the skin of its teeth as it is. Strange isn't it that when Vat came down they put the duty up so that fuel didn't alter, but when Vat goes up, up she goes again. The 2p rise this time equates to a cost of £100 a week for me, which I can't currently pass on without loosing business.
Old 02 January 2010, 08:41 PM
bodgeit
BANNED

I've had this arguement onna nother web site, cant be ARSED with this one, if you cant work it out fer your self then your f*cked!
Old 03 January 2010, 10:05 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bodgeit
I've had this arguement onna nother web site,
I can only assume that you ended up "onna nother web site" because you did such an appalling attempt at typing the SN address out properly

Quick Reply: Record 15p a litre to the price of petrol