Nan's house burgled

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2009, 03:16 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Nan's house burgled

My gf's nan who is 86 to be precise, she has just got home from spending christmas here to find her place totally trashed. They have stolen all her jewelery, around 2k in cash, the tv and trashed the rest. Including photos ornaments and everything they could lay their hands on basically, they even urinated on her bed.
I really don't get what satisfaction these animals get out of these sick acts, fair enough take the money and the jewelery but why on earth destroy family photos and p1ss on someone bed, I only hope the police catch these scumbags and they get raped in prison.

No doubt her wedding ring is already off to gold buyer man
Old 30 December 2009, 03:19 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Screw the swear filter.

****ing scumbags. I hope they get cancer and die in agony.

Old 30 December 2009, 03:21 PM
nie
BANNED

shocking pal
Old 30 December 2009, 03:23 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

I am really sorry to hear this and hope the scumbags die a slow death, but why oh why do old people think it's OK to have such a lot of money in cash lying around the house? I would be having a nightmare going away and leaving that sort of money in the house - hidden or not.
Old 30 December 2009, 03:37 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm really sorry to hear that KOT, its not a good way for her to be going into the new year! Least she wasn't in the house when it was targetted.
Old 30 December 2009, 03:42 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Clarebabes
I am really sorry to hear this and hope the scumbags die a slow death, but why oh why do old people think it's OK to have such a lot of money in cash lying around the house? I would be having a nightmare going away and leaving that sort of money in the house - hidden or not.

We have been telling her to bank it for years as she stashed her money in the sterotypical old person fashion, but it's not the money she is worried about it's the jewelery mainly.Some of it was worth a bit but it was the sentimental value that was worth more to her.
Her nan doesn't want to go back and I can't say I blame her, she is frail enough as it is without having to deal with this.

I only hope they od on heroin
Old 30 December 2009, 03:45 PM
P1 Daveyboy
Scooby Regular

Echo the above F**king scum bags. Prison, fingers cut of, gonads cut of, then let the inmates have a word
Old 30 December 2009, 03:46 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
I'm really sorry to hear that KOT, its not a good way for her to be going into the new year! Least she wasn't in the house when it was targetted.
That's what I thought, but you can't help but think that these cowards would not have burgled in the first place if they knew someone was at home.
Old 30 December 2009, 03:46 PM
Will
BANNED

KOT sorry to hear that pal. I hate thiefs with a passion. I also hope they die a slow pain full death, *******!!!
Old 30 December 2009, 03:48 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

My nan is just the same, had a long conversation with her on Christmas Day about how she shouldn't have loads of cash in the house, but of course, being old and set in her ways, she likes to have cash about. It's probably more to do with the inability to get out and withdraw cash, plus the fact my nan will not put her card in the wall! She says she knows loads of people who have been subject to fraud and never get their money back I've know 1 person and they got it back easily....

Anyway, I digress. It's got to be said these people probably know that your GF's nan lived there and as an old person, probably had a few quid lying around. Losing the cash is bad, but not as bad as the jewellery and photos which are irreplaceable.
Old 30 December 2009, 04:01 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Godfather and Aunty who i consider more my Grandparents as mine passed away long before i was born were both the same with money. Used to keep it in tin boxes under the spare bed. No one could tell them different until my Aunty wanted SkyTV and she needed a bank account to set up the direct debit. In one swift move they had a current and saving account opened and have been enjoying the God channel ever since! typical
Old 30 December 2009, 04:27 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sad b*ards
Old 30 December 2009, 04:38 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

pissed on the bed...couldnt the police get dna from that ,if they can be bothered that is .

why do people do this kind of thing its simple go out get a job and buy nice things with the money you earn
Old 30 December 2009, 04:52 PM
ritchie21
Scooby Regular

It's heartbreaking. I was burgled back at the beginning of August, only this time my hubby and I were in the house - it was 1am. To cut a very long story short, I turned into a woman possessed, confronted him as he had helped himself to the money from my purse and was wondering which cards to take.

I managed to grab hold of him, took a beating for my troubles only for my hubby to get the last laugh and break the $hits hand with his motorbike helmet and generally give him such a going over that he did, literally, **** himself before the bobbies arrived.

I only got downstairs before my hubby because I'd woken first and didn't give him a chance to come down before me!

We managed to keep hold of him til the bobbies arrived and they were bloody fantastic! Took three of them to drag him out of our house and when he moaned about them not treating him with respect "because I'm not a burglar, I'm just looking after myself" and laughing and telling them to "Fukc off" when they pointed out that he'd beaten a woman, they gave him a bit of a going over too.

He was charged the same day, appeared in the Magistrates the following day and was sentenced in the Crown Court a week later - 5 and a half yrs for his troubles.

Hope they catch the scumbags and that more importantly, your nan is ok.
Old 30 December 2009, 04:56 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I really don't get it, gutted for your nan.
Scumbags.
Old 30 December 2009, 05:02 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Angry

Very sorry indeed to read this. A story to make anyone really angry.

I do hope she has plenty of friends around her to help and cheer her up. And I hope she is insured although I appreciate that this will not compensate her for loss of sentimental items. They could get her a brand new bed for example.

And nag the police to give this a priority. A note to the local paper could help in view of her age.

Hate to mention the bed incident but this does mean that some scumbag has left his DNA all over the place.

Good luck to the old duck and do keep us posted on any good news. dl
Old 30 December 2009, 05:51 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Hope those f@ckers die of aids. Simples.
Old 30 December 2009, 06:10 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

I am truly sorry to hear this, at least she wasn't there /got injured.

Keep an eye on her KoT, We where burgled and it really did effect me for some time afterwards. It could really knock her confidence and i am sure as she finds all sorts of stuff missing she will get very/more upset.

I echo your sentiments towards the scum who did this!

Last edited by The Zohan; 30 December 2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 30 December 2009, 06:10 PM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

Man I hate people that do things like that. There really aren't the words to describe all the painful experiences I hope they suffer from before they die.

don't give a **** bout the one's on here that say it's not right, if you do find out who they are n the bib can't or won't do something satisfactory put another post up ....
Old 30 December 2009, 06:40 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Did they pee on the bed ? if so dna

Bad news kot
Old 30 December 2009, 06:45 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Might be worth contacting local pawn shops etc with descriptions & / or Photos of missing jewellry. I know it's a long shot but you never know?

Sorry to hear this happened KOT, Scumbags like this deserve to be named and shamed Nationally. If not Nationally then certainly regionally. They do this in the USA and other countries. We should do this in the UK IMHO.
Old 30 December 2009, 09:13 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

scum
Old 30 December 2009, 09:21 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds;912524r1
My gf's nan who is 86 to be precise, she has just got home from spending christmas here to find her place totally trashed. They have stolen all her jewelery, around 2k in cash, the tv and trashed the rest. Including photos ornaments and everything they could lay their hands on basically, they even urinated on her bed.
I really don't get what satisfaction these animals get out of these sick acts, fair enough take the money and the jewelery but why on earth destroy family photos and p1ss on someone bed, I only hope the police catch these scumbags and they get raped in prison.

No doubt her wedding ring is already off to gold buyer man
so sorry to hear this, your nan must be absolutely devastated, no doubt drug related, heroin dealers AND traffickers should be dealt with the Chinese way.
Old 30 December 2009, 10:52 PM
Mark Mac
Scooby Regular

At 86 are you sure she never pissed the bed......
Old 30 December 2009, 11:02 PM
bigarf
Scooby Regular

there is no words to discribe f**king scum like this.its not always the fact that they have stollen money,but its the fact that someone has been in your own home and the things they take are centimental.
Old 30 December 2009, 11:37 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mark Mac

Pathetic post
Old 31 December 2009, 01:36 AM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

even i'm not so much of a c**t as to say somethin like that on a thread like this .... n I can be a total c**t when I wanna be. Hope you have the decency to apologise.
Old 31 December 2009, 02:57 AM
scoobeenut
Scooby Regular

Well there you go, it is people like you who by making things like this in to a joke have made society what it is today. By doing this you have prooved yourself to be lower than the pond scum who commited the crime. I hope your proud of yourself.
Old 31 December 2009, 08:09 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

what a stupid, badly thought out and uncalled for response. Let's hope this never happens to one of your elderly relations, this sort of crime can be devastating to the elderly.

you should be ashamed of yourself!

Last edited by The Zohan; 31 December 2009 at 08:12 AM.
Old 31 December 2009, 08:24 AM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

Sad reading

If the ones that get caught had a tough sentence imposed it would at least be something. Instead, what do they get for messing with someone's life? Not a lot and if they do get caught, there somehow the victim as well?

Quick Reply: Nan's house burgled