Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hadley CRU hacked with release of hundreds of docs and emails

Warmist conspiracy exposed? | Herald Sun Andrew Bolt Blog
enjoy
Old 21 November 2009, 01:33 AM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

I have a general view to this sort of stuff, but this seems very, very bias, not least;

one of the world’s leading alarmist centres
Plus the fact that, never, ever can Australian news be considered that, even the state-owned ABC has major flaws, an such the British Government, amongst many others, just totally ignore.
Old 21 November 2009, 11:04 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Hadley have admitted that the emails look genuine (not the same as confirming they are genuine). The emails appear to show the data being manipulated by a group of leading climate scientists. The data being manipulated is the basis of much of the last 10 years of anthroprogenic global warming "proof". The emails show that the manipulation was deliberate and the consequences understood by those who colluded to change the data.

I suggest you read the data and consider whether you're happy that you're paying additional taxes on the basis of results cherry-picked from a much larger results set that overall seriously weakened the MMGW argument. For clarity, that's millions of pounds of revenue being generated by data from 12 tree samples out of approx. 250. Not to mention falsified data that mixes actual temeratures with data from the computer model to remove the embarrasing lack of correlation and then there's the blatant change of a figure mathematically calculated to remove another significant deviation from the desired outcome.

I don't know about you, but I want to see this fully and publically investigated with the highest possible penalties for anyone found guilty of misconduct and a full review of our environmental policies based on a revision of the data.
Old 21 November 2009, 11:53 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Climategate: the final nail in the coffin of ‘Anthropogenic Global Warming’? – Telegraph Blogs

I think this story may be a bit of a slow burner, this is a particularly interesting post (the bishops hill blog has been overwhelmed by traffic and is currently down) http://www.devilskitchen.me.uk/2009/...mmaries-4.html As people see for the first time what really goes on behind the scenes, the attitude of researchers (I would rather destroy the data than release it), the blatent non-scientific manipulation of data, the organised attacks on skeptics, this whole farce could well grow into another MPs expense scandal but bigger. I havent watched TV but I bet it puts the BBC in an awkward position, do they cover the story or let rivals like Sky scoop them. To they try to brush it off with no reference to the actual content, blatently ignoring the importance of it, or do they grudgingly admit to a real problem?

My bet is its too big to ignore and there will be increasing attention on it over the coming week(s) - just in time for Copenhagen! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

Last edited by warrenm2; 21 November 2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 21 November 2009, 01:40 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

You would not believe how much research grant money these people have handled, it is disgusting. You think politicians are tugging your chain, these guys are experts. Well, Jones, Briffa, Mann, Gore...the word is spreading...lie, and eventually, you will be found out...
Old 21 November 2009, 01:44 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Klaatu, just one of those researchers attracted Ł13,000,000 in grants from 1990.
Old 21 November 2009, 01:51 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Remarkable isn't it, really? All that cash for cooking up fiction.
Old 21 November 2009, 02:23 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

We're being milked of our cash. no wonder the public is often referred to as sheeple
Old 21 November 2009, 02:44 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Its much more than that. It is being taken much further than just humans being an annoyance on the planet. Now we are the cause of planetary death. LOL

Keith Briffa, one tree ring proxy data, YAD061 = Al Gore's/IPCC hockey stick climate warming graph. One tree.

It's not the bad data, or non-sicence, it's the blatant cover-ups that have been going on.

Gore, Mann, Briffa, Jones et al, we're after you for the scam of last and this century.
Old 21 November 2009, 03:10 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

After a quick browse of the leaked ZIP, one of the files is an application to DEFRA for costs of Ł879,244 for a project entitled "Impacts and Adaptation Climate Prediction Software: Prototype Development Phase" lasting a year an a half (Feb 2007 to July 2008).

Thats OUR tax money being pi55ed away on corrupt projects that help the government justify even more taxes

These ba5tards need sending to jail!!!!

mb
Old 21 November 2009, 03:29 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Worse still, the spreadsheet pdj_grant_since1990.xls documents a total of Ł13,718,547.00 in grants (going back to 1991).

These guys must have been swimming in champagne for nearly two decades

mb
Old 21 November 2009, 03:58 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Kinell! It would all appear to be unravelling

Mind, I have been saying for some time that these same scientists were telling us in the 70's that the next ice age was coming.
Old 21 November 2009, 04:01 PM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

As an obviously biased AGW sceptic, my first reaction is that this is almost too easy.

If it is genuine, I can't even begin to imagine the impact it will have.
Old 21 November 2009, 04:35 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Impact? None. This will be forgotten by Christmas.

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
Old 21 November 2009, 04:54 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Have you noticed that the BBC News site have taken the story down.

Proper dodgy, impartial my ****
Old 21 November 2009, 05:01 PM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Impact? None. This will be forgotten by Christmas.

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt it.
Nothing personal, but I do hope you are very wrong.

Originally Posted by Dedrater
Have you noticed that the BBC News site have taken the story down.

Proper dodgy, impartial my ****
This one seems to still work though? :BBC News - Hackers target leading climate research unit
Old 21 November 2009, 05:06 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Ah, my mistake, it was on the most read and shared tabs, but now its not. Could be a genuine reason for that of course.
Old 23 November 2009, 01:37 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

This isn't really as much over the news as I would expect?
Old 23 November 2009, 01:46 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I fully expected it to be ignored by the main news channels, especially Browns Bull$h!t Channel.
Old 23 November 2009, 11:18 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

dave - thats because weve still got copenhagen coming up and there has to be a steady stream of media releases on how "something must be done". Notice how there'll be at least one of these stories every week for the next few weeks
Old 24 November 2009, 09:13 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

and right on cue as part of the rolling media releases we have BBC News - Global warming science alarming, say climate experts Its so f****** predictable, even as the evidence of scientific fraud by the MMGW camp mounts....
Old 24 November 2009, 10:09 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by warrenm2
and right on cue as part of the rolling media releases we have BBC News - Global warming science alarming, say climate experts Its so f****** predictable, even as the evidence of scientific fraud by the MMGW camp mounts....
Its a load of crap isn't it.

Anyone with a bit of knowledge in geography will tell you that the main reason for teh flooding is not the current climate; but the climate preceeding it, our rivers cannot flow as much water as they could 100-200 years ago; They are all silted up from extended periods of mild climate.

Silted up rivers burst their banks and retake historic floodplanes. Problem is some idiots thought it was a clever idea to give planning permission and expand towns and residential areas into those flood planes without any proper flood management. Rivers silt up during periods of low flow, this is the natural occurance of a river eventually changing its path; when it floods (which it will, because it is silted up) the river then finds a new path to flow via the flood planes. Problem is humans don't want that to happen - they've built their houses in the way!

In contrast, Spain's flood managment is pretty damn impressive; 80% of the year there are these empty flood channels double the hieght of a double decker bus and four times the width (or more), combined with dammed rivers. The whole system has the capability to take water from the moutains and dump it straight in the sea in matter of hours without flooding, as it doesn't need to depend on the rivers. Whereas the UK depends on its existing meadering silted up rivers which cannot cope with such extra rainfall capacity. And therefore they flood. Bewdley is a prime exmaple by me, the river depth is now barely a metre in summer making it impossible to use boats. whereas 100years ago it was four times that depth and was navigable.....proof is the market town and river port, without a navigable river, it would never have existed! And if did flood, the Victorians would have built bigger and taller quaysides (Victorians did at least have some common sense ).

Last edited by ALi-B; 24 November 2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 24 November 2009, 10:37 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

as deep throat said

"follow the money"
Old 24 November 2009, 08:54 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Hell fire! Go read Global warming rigged? Here's the email I'd need to see | George Monbiot | Comment is free | The Guardian by the AGW Extoller-in-chief in the MSM. Some of his replies to 'comments':

"... Monbiot 23 Nov 2009, 9:18PM

Sabraguy:
>But now I suggest you review your file of correspondence and articles, and figure out >who you need to apologize to.

I apologise. I was too trusting of some of those who provided the evidence I championed. I would have been a better journalist if I had investigated their claims more closely.

-------

Monbiot 23 Nov 2009, 9:21PM

contrarian2:

>But if the science is that "settled," why refuse to disclose the data? If global warming
> so obvious and incontrovertible, why be in such a panic about FOI, why talk openly
> about re-defining "peer review", why threaten to (or actually) delete data?

I agree. It is exactly for those reasons that Phil Jones should resign. There's a word for his lack of openness and control of the data: unscientific.

..."

Words fail me .... it'll be interesting to read what he has to say about things in Copenhagen!

Dave
Dave,

i admit that i had had a few beers last night, but i am sure that Moonbats web-page has changed? Oh, and i can't find any comments either!

Has he been "leant on", or is my recollection getting rubbish?

Cheers,

mb
Old 24 November 2009, 09:06 PM
ricardo
Scooby Regular

Another one right on cue:

BBC News - This year 'in top five warmest'

"But the influence of La Nina declined in the spring and the Met Office project that, barring a very cold December, this year will be the fifth warmest on record.
Other sources say it could even be the third warmest."

I guess it depends on who is measuring the temperature...

Why am I reminded of Goebbels:

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Quick Reply: Hadley CRU hacked with release of hundreds of docs and emails