Shootings in Texas

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2009, 08:39 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Shootings in Texas

Thought this would of been mentioned already
Fort Hood shootings: Nidal Hasan's quiet manner hid hostility to US army | World news | The Guardian
Old 06 November 2009, 08:54 PM
yoza
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yahoo!
Old 06 November 2009, 09:16 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

On the american archery forum I read, theres a thread on this and the most of it is quite level headed, which suprised me.

There is 1 queestion that keeps cropping up, is if he didnt want to go on deployment, why didnt he just off himself, or was he hoping thet the us authorities would do that bit for him.

lets face it, he's a dead man walking (texas, home of ol sparky and now a traitor in the eyes of his equals) if a shrink dont delare him insane.
Old 06 November 2009, 09:30 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Well last I heard on the topic was that he sympathised with suicide bombers. I guess he wanted to be one of them, and did his best to become one
Old 07 November 2009, 11:35 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It really is getting more worrying these days that there are more and more people willing to carry out such murderous attacks despite the fact that they are not likely to survive themselves, and if they do- life will not be worth living!

Les
Old 07 November 2009, 02:18 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

As I was once told, where ever there is trouble in the world, you'll find Muslims.
Old 07 November 2009, 03:00 PM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

He was going through difficult times partly due to the attitudes of his fellow soldiers to anyone Muslim. Sadly his murderous course of action will only enforce the attitudes of those that think every Muslim is a "bad" Muslim. Life for any Muslim within the US military has just become more difficult.

I hope he recovers from his wounds to face the full force of the law. He will in all probability face the death penalty and rightly so in my opinion. He seemed to join the military for no other reason than to serve his country but along the way he became someone else with different views. Maybe he was always going to do something like this but I don't suppose we'll ever know.

Trending Topics

Old 07 November 2009, 03:03 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

BBC NEWS | UK | UK tourist shot dead in Texas bar
Old 07 November 2009, 03:31 PM
yoza
BANNED

Originally Posted by magepaster
He was going through difficult times partly due to the attitudes of his fellow soldiers to anyone Muslim. Sadly his murderous course of action will only enforce the attitudes of those that think every Muslim is a "bad" Muslim. Life for any Muslim within the US military has just become more difficult.

I hope he recovers from his wounds to face the full force of the law. He will in all probability face the death penalty and rightly so in my opinion. He seemed to join the military for no other reason than to serve his country but along the way he became someone else with different views. Maybe he was always going to do something like this but I don't suppose we'll ever know.
I think the Americans will be doing their utmost to keep him alive, until they finally kill him.

He will be doing his utmost to end it all, because he will know whats coming.

I heard this morning that some soldiers shot, may have been shot by people shooting at Hasan.
Old 07 November 2009, 03:59 PM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by yoza
I heard this morning that some soldiers shot, may have been shot by people shooting at Hasan.
Man, one person you would NEVER want on your side in a gun fight is an American. They do have a habit of shooting everything that moves and then waiting until the smoke clears to see whether they hit what they should have.
Old 07 November 2009, 04:39 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by davyboy
As I was once told, where ever there is trouble in the world, you'll find religion or money.
Edited for accuracy
Old 07 November 2009, 04:50 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i got told the other day this that 1.5% of british population are muslim if 1% of that figure are extremist then they add up to more than any 1 regiment of the british army . thats a worrying thought . there could be thousands of the enemy within. its about time gordon pulled us out afganistan and spent all the money on our borders and sending home the extremists
Old 07 November 2009, 08:05 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by madscoob
i got told the other day this that 1.5% of british population are muslim if 1% of that figure are extremist then they add up to more than any 1 regiment of the british army . thats a worrying thought . there could be thousands of the enemy within. its about time gordon pulled us out afganistan and spent all the money on our borders and sending home the extremists
Old 08 November 2009, 11:51 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davyboy
As I was once told, where ever there is trouble in the world, you'll find Americans.

Chip
Old 08 November 2009, 11:59 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by magepaster
Man, one person you would NEVER want on your side in a gun fight is an American. They do have a habit of shooting everything that moves and then waiting until the smoke clears to see whether they hit what they should have.
Yes we were warned never to go near them if we were ever involved in a war with them supposedly on our side!

I still remember them shooting one of our Tornados down with a Patriot missile on the way back from a raid in the Middle East. The Tornado had the correct IFF squawk and was at the correct recovery height for identification. Our blokes were killed of course!

Les

Les

Last edited by Leslie; 08 November 2009 at 12:02 PM.