Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

politically correct driving!

Search this Thread

Old 03 November 2009, 02:18 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default politically correct driving!

As above really what is it with the new breed of pc drivers that cannot simply drive past a junction with someone waiting to pull out, no no no they have to slam on the brakes on a main road making everyone stop just to let them pull out!!!!!

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!! MAKE THE F**KERS WAIT!

Ads (rant mode off)
Old 03 November 2009, 03:11 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Can't stand the habit myself either. The exception is if I'm in slow traffic and someone wants to come from the left and turn RIGHT. If you let them in in front of you they WILL then turn right, so you're then waiting ......

The other one is when you're waiting to turn onto a main road. You see there's traffic coming so have to wait a while so you tune the radio, grab a sweet or something, but you're not watching the road as there are still loads of cars to come by. But you realise they're not passing. So you look up and some *kind soul* has been busy flashing you to come out for ages and winding up all those behind him .... probably specialx ....

Dave

lol yep that's the one!

I think it is a pc thing they cannot be seen to not let other drivers out even if it causes an accident behind them!

Last edited by specialx; 03 November 2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03 November 2009, 03:57 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Yep you sit there, in a queue... some idiot obeys the highway code and doesn't block a junction allowing a car out to turn right and you have to wait another 30 seconds to sit right behind that car in front of you again... disaster that one...

However, the stopping to let someone out, essentially a give way when traffic is moving is just plain daft and dangerous.

I'm all for sensible driving. Bit difficult to be annoyed that 'some idiot' has blocked a junction so you can't go if it is something you do yourself i feel. Of course if you only ever turn left then that's ok!

5t.
Old 03 November 2009, 04:07 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Sat waiting at a junction and the car waiting to turn right (into the same junction) is now flashing light mad and angrily waving me out. They don't realise that the traffic to their left is constantly undertaking and so I can’t move.
Old 03 November 2009, 04:48 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

And whatever happened to turning right BEHIND a car that is is also turning right into the road your pulling out from?

Is this common sense manouver extinct?

Seems so, cars wanting to turn right stop short of the junction preventing any cars that are waiting to pull out from the side road behind the turning car. Nope instead they'd rather block the junction and cut the corner instead. Is it so hard to stop further forward and turn the steering wheel an extra half turn, so I can turn right when they turn right?

Then we have the "slow to 20mph for a 30mph speed camera" brigade. One of which slowed to 15mph to be "extra safe" on a quiet evening - and was gob-smacked when I overtook infront of said camera (at a very PC and legal 30mph ) .

The same bunch usually found dawdling at 35 to 40mph on quiet empty 60mph and 70mph main roads - presumably to save fuel? And of recent seem to have taken to driving around at 7.00pm to 8:00pm which is just at the time when I'm travelling home and would like to make full use of my car's economy by actually going fast enough to use 6th gear.

Last edited by ALi-B; 03 November 2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 03 November 2009, 04:56 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Guys we could do a new series of 'Grumpy Old Men'

Trending Topics

Old 04 November 2009, 09:59 AM
specialx
Former Sponsor

lol yeah I should of called the thread "time to bitch about other folks driving habits!"

It was not this bad on the roads 15 years ago! It must have been bliss in the 60's!
Old 04 November 2009, 10:44 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by hutton_d
People cutting the corner 'cos they can't be ar5ed to turn the wheel is a big bug bear of mine on the bike. A few *close shaves* whilst stopped to pull out as someone has nearly taken the front-end off the bike now means I always stop over to the left more. Ar5eholes!

Dave
Which brings on the drivers turning right who stop at wide junctions and not leaving enough space to the left for cars turning left. Grrr
Old 04 November 2009, 10:49 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

You will probably find that these people were taught to drive by their father/grandfather who learned to drive in a tank, Therefore they are exempt, and all the rules of the road do not apply . Everyone else is wrong, and there is nothing we can do about it.
Old 04 November 2009, 01:16 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by specialx
As above really what is it with the new breed of pc drivers that cannot simply drive past a junction with someone waiting to pull out, no no no they have to slam on the brakes on a main road making everyone stop just to let them pull out!!!!!

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!! MAKE THE F**KERS WAIT!

Ads (rant mode off)
They probably regard it as an exhibition of good manners and thought for someone else!

There are times of course when it is unwise to do that.

Les