Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Does this happen to anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2009, 09:12 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Does this happen to anyone else?

I have Virgin Media as my provider and when i am changing tv channels the channels get stuck when i am looking for something to watch, usually on the virgin channels or Community or the Teacher channels.

Sometimes i spend half the night waiting for the channel to move on. It is not the remote and i have got a new box but it still does it.
Old 18 October 2009, 09:17 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Turn the power off and reset the box after 60 seconds
Old 18 October 2009, 09:18 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

No, as i have Sky. Occasionally i do have the problem of feeling as if i have an ingrown hair on my bum but thats for another thread.
Old 18 October 2009, 09:21 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

I have done all the reset thing but to no avail. Its odd that it only gets stuck on Virgin channels and the 2 most useless channels on the tv though
Old 18 October 2009, 09:27 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sarasquares
I have Virgin Media as my provider and when i am changing tv channels the channels get stuck when i am looking for something to watch, usually on the virgin channels or Community or the Teacher channels.

Sometimes i spend half the night waiting for the channel to move on. It is not the remote and i have got a new box but it still does it.
Half the night?! Good grief Sara, you've some patience sitting there that long!
Old 18 October 2009, 09:31 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Half the night?! Good grief Sara, you've some patience sitting there that long!
lol

I usually channel surf during the adverts then the channel gets stuck so i end up missing what i was watching.
Old 18 October 2009, 09:38 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

As calamitous as you ever were! Hope you're okay.
Old 18 October 2009, 09:45 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
As calamitous as you ever were! Hope you're okay.
Thats me

Yep i am well, sort of, you?

I had a bit of an accident earlier today but you will have to go into the hutch to find out what i did lol

I just made myself a cocktail, my 4th tonight and i can still see. They typing has gone a bit but luckily i can check it before i post
Old 18 October 2009, 10:47 PM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sarasquares

Same thing has been happening to me recently on Virgin Media. I still have the old NTL cable box and I thought it was that.......sounds like its not then if you are getting the same thing.....I also couldn't get on-demand tonight at all. I'm seriously considering telling Virgin to "stuff" their TV service up their own backsides........ I don't understand in this day and age why their service can't be a bit snappier even when it is working.....everything is so 'KIN SLOW!!! push one button...wait...push next button....WAIT!!!! ARGHHHHHHH I feel better now
Old 18 October 2009, 10:57 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fabioso
Same thing has been happening to me recently on Virgin Media. I still have the old NTL cable box and I thought it was that.......sounds like its not then if you are getting the same thing.....I also couldn't get on-demand tonight at all. I'm seriously considering telling Virgin to "stuff" their TV service up their own backsides........ I don't understand in this day and age why their service can't be a bit snappier even when it is working.....everything is so 'KIN SLOW!!! push one button...wait...push next button....WAIT!!!! ARGHHHHHHH I feel better now

I have all 4 services with them and am stuck with it.

I cant get a BT line as i have no cable to my house from the telegraph pole across the road. When i did have one the birds sat on it and crapped all over my car. It took me 10 years to work it out why and how they did it. One day i saw a man up the pole so i asked him to remove the cable so now i dont have one

I got a new box but i still have the problem
Old 19 October 2009, 05:35 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

I have this problem too but only when i first turn the box on,sometimes the channel locks so have to turn it off again and back on that sorts it out..Lol not much point for on demand tv if you can't get it on demand I don't watch much tv anyhow but Saturday afternoon i thought i would see what's on had a couple of hours to myself.Flicked through every channel not one good program was on..I ended up watching some program named Coast on the Blighty channel quite interesting...