Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

iPhone killer soon to launch,...honest

Search this Thread

Old 16 October 2009, 04:42 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone killer soon to launch,...honest

Exclusive: We've got the first live shot of SE XPERIA X3 (Rachael) - GSMArena.com news

Forgive the title, I just wanted to make sure if ruffled the right feathers lol.

Looks a bloody good spec phone, and if the Android growth is to be believed..... the end is nigh?
Old 16 October 2009, 06:27 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Can't be any worse than the X1

I think that Android has got SUCH possibilities - just needs more support imho.

In the meantime, I'll let the dust settle, and keep on with my iphone

Dan

ps did you see that Storm2 is out any day? Addressing a fair bit of the sh1te that dogged the first one
Old 16 October 2009, 06:35 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

They haven't even launched the X2 yet and they already have an X3??
Old 16 October 2009, 07:51 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
ps did you see that Storm2 is out any day? Addressing a fair bit of the sh1te that dogged the first one
Had a play about with the prototype yesterday, nice nice it was.
Old 16 October 2009, 07:59 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

iphone killer LMAO
Old 16 October 2009, 07:59 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Hate to say it, but even as an Apple sceptic the only company that will launch an Iphone killer is Apple, I get the feeling they are actually holding back beause they are so far in front, in terms of usability and market acceptance, if not absolute tech. I personally sadly, havent seen anything to touch the Iphone yet, at least in terms of what normal, non geek people want.
Old 16 October 2009, 08:03 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
iphone killer LMAO
Originally Posted by J4CKO
Hate to say it, but even as an Apple sceptic the only company that will launch an Iphone killer is Apple, I get the feeling they are actually holding back beause they are so far in front, in terms of usability and market acceptance, if not absolute tech. I personally sadly, havent seen anything to touch the Iphone yet, at least in terms of what normal, non geek people want.
Im kidding of course
great alternative for those not wanting an iPhone though
Lovely spec.

As for Android, I agree. But they reckon the whole open market thing will accelerate development next year. I would tend to agree.

Yeah the Storm 2, the Bold 2, the Tour (prob non UK) and the next Gen Curves are all just being launched, and not looking too shabby either, for the BB users amongst us. Looking forward to getting my 9700.
Again with some recent developments, it looks like the apps market, and usability of BB's is about to take a more marketable step forward.
Old 16 October 2009, 08:07 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Oh as for the X2...... its just about to be launched I believe, and again, lovely spec too.

Its things like the Acer Liquid that have great potential, but the truth is such devices have a very limited market.
Acer Liquid - Full phone specifications
Old 16 October 2009, 08:08 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Jacko, you strike me as the most non-geek person on here

And agree with the comment about iphone killer. They, Apple, have succeeded in a market place which is so tough to break and managed to not only gain market share with their first phone (remember it is the same model only tweaked, the form factor has not changed over the 3 versions) but brought innovations twinned with some serious PR into an arena dominated by the big established players.

It is odd to see that such a small player (and they are considering the share of Nokia etc) make such an impact in such a short time and I think it speaks volumes that they are classed as the ones to beat.

The good news is, for all us non apple or iphone fans, it means the competition will bring out better features and phones in the future
Old 16 October 2009, 08:19 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Lot of new phones on the periphery at the mo,

Samsung have a 12mp 3x optical zoom camera just launched in Aisa, that will just about leave any phone standing at the mo in terms of picture.

The current Omnia HD, supports HD video recording!

ITG XPhone runs a fully specced version of windows XP just about ready to go, that looks quite impressive..

Apple may well increase market share with the roll out on Voda & Orange,

but they still need to address the poor camera/flash & lack of adobe flash for video playback/ streaming

Mart
Old 16 October 2009, 08:42 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Swiss, Non Geek ??, not sure what to make of that, I shall go and continue my game of Zork (the late eighties text adventure) in a while

But, Apple Fanboys/Girls are annoying, its a bit like what BMW did with the Mini, a decent piece of kit that hits the spot for joe public, they fooking love Iphones and Mini's, cant get enough and look down on supposedly superior stuff from lesser known manufacturers, perhaps because it doesnt seem so funky, doesnt have the logo, or it needs more effort but non geek/non petrolhead consumers dont give a f*ck, it infuriates the geeks and petrolheads who may have a grudging respect combined with hatred for the mainstream winners.

Sometimes its just easier to be on the team thats winning.
Old 16 October 2009, 08:48 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Of late J4cko i have found it hard to agree with you but you really have hit the nail on the head with the above.
Old 16 October 2009, 09:52 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by SwissTony
iphone killer LMAO

The iphone is just a good toy, once you get past that you realise most modern phones are better. My daughter loves my iphone purely because of the games but once you get past that errr its not that great The modern HTC phones running 6.5 are better than the iphone in my opinion
Old 16 October 2009, 10:13 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Google have a chance with Chrome OS and Android, but it's only an outside chance. It's not just a matter of producing a highly specced phone any more - though some still think it is - the art is in melding a desktop and mobile operating system. Apple achieved this first time and now just keep moving the game forward in tiny steps.