Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Stargate: Universe - song at the end - Don't forget to breathe

Search this Thread

Old 13 October 2009, 09:02 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stargate: Universe - song at the end - Don't forget to breathe

Played right at the end of tonight's episode on Sky, who is it by?
Old 13 October 2009, 09:08 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

YouTube - SGU Don't forget to BREATHE Alexi Murdoch ?
Old 13 October 2009, 09:11 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Yup, i do like that song!

will hunt out the album on the net
Old 13 October 2009, 09:28 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I am undecided on sgu at the minute just seems to be the same old thing rehashed.
Old 13 October 2009, 09:43 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Aye, if SGU does not show some ***** soon then its for the can.

At least they realise the daftness of having an artificial time limit for exploring new worlds, but still there are some shocking holes in the plot. I mean, why would the ancients build a ship they could gate to, but could not gate back from?

As for seeding stargates ahead of that ship, whats the point? Other than making this series be possible. It would be much better to have ships that can seed gates and explore planets, rather than sending one ship after another

Fingers crossed it will start and work out soon....as if not there is no other sci-fi atm. All the other shows having finished or have been cancelled
Old 14 October 2009, 09:40 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Thought the song was rubbish. I also dislike this habit of having some music towards the end of a show as an "Epilogue". They do it in Holby and its just silly.

One reason I never got SG is that the gates are just plonked anywhere - like last night in the middle of the desert? I appreciate its production costs but it doesn't help.

Also, when did MacGyver get so fat?
Old 14 October 2009, 01:48 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by kingofturds
I am undecided on sgu at the minute just seems to be the same old thing rehashed.
I thought the same after watching last night's episode. I'll give it another couple of episodes see if it picks up, but it's not looking good at the mo ...
Old 19 October 2009, 01:08 AM
midimus
Scooby Newbie

Default ....

right the series is decent lemi explain the ship and stargate seeding to you..

Ship name: Destiny (the ancients Belived it was their Destiny to explore all the universes and planets)

hence why the ship is following a stargate seeding ship they would have had the power in the past to dial home but now are unable due to the extreme age of the ship...

the dial timer on the planet trips: if they spent too much time somewhere they would have failed to meet their dealines as it was a servay ship following the seeding ship or ships like everyone else they hadto meet deadlines...

it is similar to the format of the other shows but i imagion the very rich people whose job it is to decide what people want thought about this "oh we have had the most popular show in the last 15 years more people whatched it that star trek" so keep with the same idea keep the audiance and make cash...

so far the show has been pritty action packed, its a good idea and i chalange the person to say its ****ty lol they hev writers and other people from all the most popular sci fi shows from the last 10 years stop knocking it let it get going instead of havin a rant calling it **** cos it dusnt meet your shiny **** req
Old 19 October 2009, 06:03 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by midimus
right the series is decent lemi explain the ship and stargate seeding to you..

Ship name: Destiny (the ancients Belived it was their Destiny to explore all the universes and planets)

hence why the ship is following a stargate seeding ship they would have had the power in the past to dial home but now are unable due to the extreme age of the ship...

the dial timer on the planet trips: if they spent too much time somewhere they would have failed to meet their dealines as it was a servay ship following the seeding ship or ships like everyone else they hadto meet deadlines...

it is similar to the format of the other shows but i imagion the very rich people whose job it is to decide what people want thought about this "oh we have had the most popular show in the last 15 years more people whatched it that star trek" so keep with the same idea keep the audiance and make cash...

so far the show has been pritty action packed, its a good idea and i chalange the person to say its ****ty lol they hev writers and other people from all the most popular sci fi shows from the last 10 years stop knocking it let it get going instead of havin a rant calling it **** cos it dusnt meet your shiny **** req
Are you a writer for the show? Action packed?In the last episode I watched a group of people wander around in the desert for an hour testing sand. Hardly what I would call action packed.
Old 19 October 2009, 08:23 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Are you a writer for the show? Action packed?In the last episode I watched a group of people wander around in the desert for an hour testing sand. Hardly what I would call action packed.
They have the budget
They have the actors
They have the proven directors

So what it the problem - well the title should be SG-Up its own ar$e - where as the SG1 and Atlantis had a great plot and lots of action SG-U just seems to wnat to be all luvvy and thoughtful and deep - IMHO
Oh and so far is is poor in comparison to its predesessors
Old 19 October 2009, 10:29 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

took me three goes to watch the second episode as it just kept boring the **** out of me. Crap programme.
Old 19 October 2009, 09:32 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Is it me, or are they trying to emulate the gritiness of BSG? Seems since BSG was a winning formulae they want to stick to that sort of T.V. Although the 2 shows were/are filmed at the same Vancouver T.V studios in Canada.