Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Hypocritical MP's ............again!

Search this Thread

Old 13 October 2009, 08:45 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Hypocritical MP's ............again!

So now some of them are whining that they don't think they should have to pay back any expenses because "the rules were changed retrospectively"?

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the party who introduced retrospective legislation, not once, but TWICE, still in power? And what did MP's of THAT party have to say when it was done?

Did WE have the right to challenge it in court?

These fekkers are incredible, aren't they?
Old 13 October 2009, 12:43 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally hope that they cannot get out of repaying the money that they effectivelt stole from the taxpayer however much they wriggle and that the ones who deserve it get taken to court.

Making the rules yourself and voting them in is many steps too far!

Les
Old 13 October 2009, 12:49 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

if you think that there not all at it then your rather nieve. i bet every single mp has claimed something they shouldn;t have
Old 13 October 2009, 01:33 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

I think that MP's who have deliberately defrauded the tax payer should be punished and publicly humiliated.

I do however have some sympathy for those that claimed what they were supposed to cliam and are now being told to pay it back, that does seem unfair to me, but given the hysteria surrounding this issue I don't suppose anyone cares about fairness.
Old 13 October 2009, 02:23 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
I think that MP's who have deliberately defrauded the tax payer should be punished and publicly humiliated.

I do however have some sympathy for those that claimed what they were supposed to cliam and are now being told to pay it back, that does seem unfair to me, but given the hysteria surrounding this issue I don't suppose anyone cares about fairness.
I do too have sympathy for those who claimed within the rules. But MP's like Smith who have committed a criminal offence and have not been punished and even get to keep their gains are a disgrace.

Why is this government allowed to break the law?

Maybe I will claim £116,000 extra next time I do my VAT return. If she can do it why can't I? Oh, thats right because HMRC will lock me up for fraud for at least 3 years.
Old 13 October 2009, 02:34 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mamoon2
I do too have sympathy for those who claimed within the rules. But MP's like Smith who have committed a criminal offence and have not been punished and even get to keep their gains are a disgrace.

Why is this government allowed to break the law?

Maybe I will claim £116,000 extra next time I do my VAT return. If she can do it why can't I? Oh, thats right because HMRC will lock me up for fraud for at least 3 years.
I've no sympathy at all.

As stated they're all whining now because its a retrospective thing and they don't like it.

Us motorists haven't had much of a say over the retrospective car tax debacle

They're all a shower of dirty rotten b@stards.

Last edited by urban; 13 October 2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 13 October 2009, 03:03 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

And this would be something like a motorist who bought a car on good faith, knowing what tax band it was in, only to have Lying Labour change the tax band, would it?

How was THAT fair?
Old 13 October 2009, 07:48 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
And this would be something like a motorist who bought a car on good faith, knowing what tax band it was in, only to have Lying Labour change the tax band, would it?

How was THAT fair?
So you agree with me then...it's not really that fair
Old 13 October 2009, 08:21 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Retrospective car tax anyone?

Any politician that come knocking on my door will get verbal bashing and the door slammed in their faces.

As my friend likes to say " Scum sucking retards all of them "
Old 13 October 2009, 09:08 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

So you agree with me then...it's not really that fair
Of course I agree, but "hoist with their own petard", and "what's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander", spring to mind
Old 14 October 2009, 03:57 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Do you honestly think that they did not know that even if they slavishly followed the rules, that they were morally wrong in claiming all that taxpayer's money especially when they were fiddling the items that they were claiming for?

However you try to justify it Martin, they were effectively trousering money that they were not entitled to however you dress it up!

Les
Old 14 October 2009, 07:20 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Do you honestly think that they did not know that even if they slavishly followed the rules, that they were morally wrong in claiming all that taxpayer's money especially when they were fiddling the items that they were claiming for?

However you try to justify it Martin, they were effectively trousering money that they were not entitled to however you dress it up!

Les
Yes Les I know thats the easy thing to say, and indeed there are many guilty of what you say, but there appear to be many that have been caught out somewhat unfairly by the hysterical desire for some kind of retribution.

Incidentally the report published this week does nothing to stop the most flagrant abuses, namely the 'flipping' of second homes.

So it's easy to all feel outraged by this, but should also apply some common sense too, so let's have justice not a witch hunt
Old 14 October 2009, 09:19 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Hmmmmmmmmm, Labour justice?

Now would that be the one where you are guilty until proven inocent?
Or the one where you are forced to incriminate yourself or receive a harsher punishment?

Or the one where you buy a car in good faith, have the tax rules changed under you and end up paying through the nose to run it?

Or the one where you claim £116,000, mislead the enquiry, lie and STILL don't have to pay back one penny?

HINT: one of the above refers to a Labour minister. The other three are for the rest of us. See if you can guess which one is the minister's justice?
Old 14 October 2009, 09:42 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Hmmmmmmmmm, Labour justice?

Now would that be the one where you are guilty until proven inocent?
Or the one where you are forced to incriminate yourself or receive a harsher punishment?

Or the one where you buy a car in good faith, have the tax rules changed under you and end up paying through the nose to run it?

Or the one where you claim £116,000, mislead the enquiry, lie and STILL don't have to pay back one penny?

HINT: one of the above refers to a Labour minister. The other three are for the rest of us. See if you can guess which one is the minister's justice?
Nobody is arguing with those points - surely at some stage we have to get over this and move on?
Old 15 October 2009, 03:53 AM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Nobody is arguing with those points - surely at some stage we have to get over this and move on?
Apologists like this is why MP's are defrauding the taxpayer funded expense claims system.

1st MP. "I think I'll cliam half-a-mil for new velvet wall paper in my garden crapper, because I can and I know I'll get away with it too."
2nd MP in reply. "Don't you think this is wrong, certainly dishonest, fraud even?"
1st MP in reply. "Oh yeah, but they will soon get over it and move on."

Last edited by Klaatu; 15 October 2009 at 04:28 AM.
Old 15 October 2009, 10:46 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

LOL @ the last two posts.
"
Why in Hell SHOULD we forget their double-dealing and "move on"?
Old 15 October 2009, 11:08 AM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

"
Remarkable aye? At least in France, they chop heads off when "rulers" take the puss.

Did you get your macro sorted?
Old 15 October 2009, 11:40 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Yes Les I know thats the easy thing to say, and indeed there are many guilty of what you say, but there appear to be many that have been caught out somewhat unfairly by the hysterical desire for some kind of retribution.

Incidentally the report published this week does nothing to stop the most flagrant abuses, namely the 'flipping' of second homes.

So it's easy to all feel outraged by this, but should also apply some common sense too, so let's have justice not a witch hunt
I fully agree that it is easy to say Martin, because what I said is true!

The facts are that the MP's were caught out at last taking full advantage of those rules which were made up to give them the maximum chance of claiming vast sums that they were not entitled to by any standards.

Very few MP's claimed their expenses in an honest and fair manner, and those who did showed themselves to be honest and trustworthy.

The least intelligent person can see how those rules favoured their claims and all defended as best he could by the man responsible for administering those expenses, ie the man from the Gorbals who is now in the Lord's of course with that other man who was disgraced a few times for dishonesty!

Those who claimed such large sums knew that they were taking money that they were not entitled to by any moral standards and should give the cash back. Those who further fiddled extra of course, as you say by "flipping" should most certainly be prosecuted. How that woman can get away with it by apologising in the House and also keep the cash is beyond any kind of common sense!

They are all guilty Martin and should be treated as such. You and no one else can justify their behaviour.

Les
Old 15 October 2009, 12:56 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Klaatu
Remarkable aye? At least in France, they chop heads off when "rulers" take the puss.

Did you get your macro sorted?
Nah, not yet, the wifes Ixus seems a good bet, but rebuilding the Scoob is now bleeding me dry, sorry, I mean, costing me a lot.
Old 15 October 2009, 01:07 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Nah, not yet, the wifes Ixus seems a good bet, but rebuilding the Scoob is now bleeding me dry, sorry, I mean, costing me a lot.
Don't buy a Nike-On DSLR then...you can buy a car, or a condo (In a special place), for the cost of a D700 body alone. I know, I've done both.
Old 15 October 2009, 03:44 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Already got the D300, was interested in a lens, but not now
Old 16 October 2009, 10:44 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
So I rob the nearest bank and get caught with £50K in my pocket from the 'blag'. All I have to do, though, is say 'I'm very sorry, but let's forget about it and move on, m'lud'? Go down a storm I'm sure. No way would they put me away after those words ....

Dave
FFS Dave know you full well what i mean so stop twisting my words, and if you're going to quote me use the whole friggin quote

How many times do I have to say PUNISH THE GUILTY????
Old 16 October 2009, 10:46 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

"
Well what is the alternative to not moving on?
Old 16 October 2009, 10:47 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Klaatu
Apologists like this is why MP's are defrauding the taxpayer funded expense claims system.

1st MP. "I think I'll cliam half-a-mil for new velvet wall paper in my garden crapper, because I can and I know I'll get away with it too."
2nd MP in reply. "Don't you think this is wrong, certainly dishonest, fraud even?"
1st MP in reply. "Oh yeah, but they will soon get over it and move on."
APOLOGIST???? - you feckin numpty!!
Old 16 October 2009, 10:49 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Well what is the alternative to not moving on?
Punishing the guilty, as you, yourself, just said.

Let's start with Jacqui Smith? Oh, no, she's already been punished, she had to apologise to parliament, the poor thing Then she can keep the £116,000 she swindled out of the British taxpayer

I sometimes wonder if you are on the same planet as everyone else, Martin? Or do you just like an argument?
Old 16 October 2009, 11:03 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Punishing the guilty, as you, yourself, just said.

Let's start with Jacqui Smith? Oh, no, she's already been punished, she had to apologise to parliament, the poor thing Then she can keep the £116,000 she swindled out of the British taxpayer

I sometimes wonder if you are on the same planet as everyone else, Martin? Or do you just like an argument?
Well I didn't realise that I'd said anything even remotely contentious.

I agree with you that Jacqui Smith shoud be facing criminal charges, and anyone else accused of serious fraud.

But what about the guy who claimed for a Kit Kat, should he be hounded out of office? - which is my point I guess; where is this going to end, and what will be left?

Quick Reply: Hypocritical MP's ............again!