Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

hotel recommendation in Sharm El Sheikh

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2009, 07:36 PM
IPALMER
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hotel recommendation in Sharm El Sheikh

thinking of going with my wife for a week in approx 2 weeks time.

Any hotel recommendations ?

Ideally want all inclusive , near the beach for a nice relaxing holiday - it's a last minute present for her as she's 20 weeks pregnant

Every time i think i've found a decent one, i look on Trip Advisor and the reviews vary hugely
Old 11 October 2009, 07:42 PM
Wildcard7
Scooby Newbie

I'd have a look at the Ritz Carlton in Sharm El Sheikh, stayed there 2 years ago and couldn't fault it, it's just on the beach as well.
Old 11 October 2009, 07:53 PM
IPALMER
Scooby Regular

thanks for your reply

Ritz Carlton looks imprssive , should add that i'm trying to keep to a budget of £1000
Old 11 October 2009, 08:33 PM
greatgonzo
Scooby Regular

I went to sharm this year and loved it, I stayed in a aqua park hotel which was fantastic but not what you will be looking for I guess. If I went back I would stay in Narma Bay or near,I'm not sure if I would go all inclusive again not that i didnt enjoy it but the food out is so good and cheap I was eating great big lobsters for about £10. I would also recommend the desert buggies trip so much faster than the quad bikes you can go flat out through the desert ( at night ) its great fun. Hope this helps oh good luck with the bump and look after her out there they seem to love your wife more than you do
Old 11 October 2009, 09:01 PM
Dan Ingram
Scooby Regular

Don't stay at the Pyramis hotel in shark bay. Its 5 star but its ****. We were there for a week. Our plane got delayed for a day so they put us up in the Hilton Dreams in Nama Bay, so much better. There are 2 Hiltons I think. The dreams one is on the beach side of the road and the other is on the other side of the road and you have to dodge traffic everytime you want to get to the beach

Its a nice place for a holiday though, make sure you do plenty of snorkeling its like going for a swim in a marine fish tank. Just be wary of the sellers in the shopping area they do nothing but harass you. I found it was best to tell them I was chinese when they asked where we came from, it confuses them a bit and gives you chance to leg it

Oh and agreed about the food. The food in the hotels is a bit ****. You can eat out in Nama bay for not a lot. Plenty of good restaurants especially if you like good fish. The Mcdonalds there is also winning in my quest to find the worlds best big mac

Last edited by Dan Ingram; 11 October 2009 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11 October 2009, 09:11 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Either the Hilton sharm dreams or the Maritim jolie (spelling) Both are right in the middle of Naama bay and are right next to each other plus they are 50 from the beach. There are loads of good hotels in sharm and alll with beach access but those are the best 2 I can think of in naama bay itself
Old 11 October 2009, 10:01 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

brother in law just got back last week from his honeymoon there, stayed in the Hilton Waterfalls..said it was excellent. is your budget per person or top line, think you may be pushing it to find an all inclustive there for a grand, i maybe wrong though

Trending Topics

Old 11 October 2009, 10:49 PM
IPALMER
Scooby Regular

sort of budgeted £1000 for an all-inclusive week in the sun for the pair of us

You can get packages from around £760 from places like Here

Sharm seemed to be the best dstination without flying too far ( bit uncomfortable for the wife )

Thanks all for the suggestions so far.
Old 11 October 2009, 10:57 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I use teletxt holidays a lot for booking holidays and don't take the price they quote as being set in stone I booked Magaluf with them about a month ago and it said £272 per person on the site but when I went to book it was nearly £400.
Old 12 October 2009, 07:40 AM
vallumlj
Scooby Regular

I went in June with my fiance and we stayed at the royal albertos moderna it was lovely i booked it through teletext.com and we paid £380 for a week all inclusive.

We are looking at going back next year and staying at the coral holiday village. This hotel is right opposite a little shopping centre and the big M lol.

Have a look at tripadvisor and asked in the forums on there.

lets us know were you book
Old 12 October 2009, 10:25 AM
IPALMER
Scooby Regular

thinking about Hauza Beach Resort

Review Here

seems ok - can't understand how some people have the best holiday of their life and others come home and slate it
Old 12 October 2009, 12:39 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Reef Oasis
Old 12 October 2009, 05:16 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by IPALMER
seems ok - can't understand how some people have the best holiday of their life and others come home and slate it
All depends what you are looking for.
If you are expecting a beautiful unspoilt resort then you will be disappointed. If you like shopping and haggling for shiny tat and fake goods and rubbing shoulders with russians then you are in for a treat
There are some very decent hotels with the facilities to have a very relaxing break though.
Old 12 October 2009, 05:28 PM
greenonedave
Scooby Regular

we stayed at the Sonesta Beach Hotel several years ago and it was good value for money, with its own beach
Old 12 October 2009, 07:52 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by stevebt
Either the Hilton sharm dreams or the Maritim jolie (spelling) Both are right in the middle of Naama bay and are right next to each other plus they are 50 from the beach. There are loads of good hotels in sharm and alll with beach access but those are the best 2 I can think of in naama bay itself
I've stayed at the Maritim Jolie Ville as well. I thought it was OK as well. The beach is good, but it can be a long walk if you're far away from it, as the complex is huge - if you can, it's well worth paying extra to be close to the beach if staying there IMO. Breakfast was good as well Only downside was that the our room had ants when we arrived, so we had to have it fumigated (not small cute ants, huge ****'s the size of small dogs)...Oh, and if you end up staying close towards "town", you'll be able to hear the disco's all through the night which is sub-optimal.

I've also stayed at the Marriot Mountain hotel - this was brilliant as well, but it's on the wrong side of the road, so you have to cross the road to get to the beach. Better service and pool than Jolie Ville, but this was back in 2007, so it might have changed. Beach is better at the Jolie Ville, though.

If I was going again, I'd want to stay in the Marriot Beach hotel.
Old 12 October 2009, 09:20 PM
IPALMER
Scooby Regular

the Marriots do look good - need to shop around a bit to get the price down - lol
Old 12 October 2009, 09:28 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Just got back on Thursday from a week in the Red sea resort (Sharm) with First choice. Lovely place, all inclusive, really well looked after, right on the beach, hot as a hot thing
Old 12 October 2009, 09:44 PM
IPALMER
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
Just got back on Thursday from a week in the Red sea resort (Sharm) with First choice. Lovely place, all inclusive, really well looked after, right on the beach, hot as a hot thing
what was the name of the hotel ?

were you hassled much whilst around the pool ?

Need somewhere relaxing and stress free for the mother-to-be
Old 12 October 2009, 10:31 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

you wont be hassled around the pool at all, and not on the beach either, as the beaches are all privately own with security guards

The only time you're likely to be hassled is if you're walking along the beach promenade (hassled to come into restaurants etc) or if you stroll through the shopping streets.

Honestly, it's not that bad when you get used to it... just remember that they're there doing a job and that them and their families depend on people buying things off them. If you don't want to talk to someone, just keep walking along and ignore them. They'll get the message, or just say "No thank you" and keep walking.

The hassle is all part of the fun
Old 12 October 2009, 10:34 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Oh, and another thing, you *will* get tummy bugs, but you probably knew that already
Old 08 November 2009, 10:37 PM
IPALMER
Scooby Regular

just thought i'd update this thread in-case anyone searches for it.

We stayed at the Jaz Mirabel Beach

The hotel complex is absolutely massive - 3 separate hotels with 9 swimming pools and it's own beach.

We wanted an all-inclusive hotel that offered enough to do without leaving the hotel - unless we felt like it.

The hotel offered everything we needed. Good selection of food.Spotlessly clean. Polite staff and glourious sunshine , even in november.

I would definateley recommend this hotel, only downside is it's a 10 min taxi to Sharm town centre, but we didn't go , so didn't really matter