Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

A dream I had, but what if ?

Search this Thread

Old 08 October 2009, 09:32 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A dream I had, but what if ?

Bit strange, I had seen something on tv about people in China being executed for crimes, basically commit a crime, get tried and then executed in the back of a van, on the face of it, its law and order but in reality its more about harvesting donor organs for rich people who travel over for a transplant.

So, I had been reading about this, afterwards and had a dream wherby it became possible to sell a year of your existence to someone else, this is something that anybody could do, woke up thinking about it and as usual, dreams that are vivid when you wake up just dissapear but it came back to me later on and it got me thinking what if, not really plausible obviously but say it became possible, given human nature, what would happen, what would be the going rate for a year of life, would you take the gamble ?

Bit deep perhaps but hey, you moan when its the same watch, phone, telly threads, its time to get a bit philosophical !
Old 08 October 2009, 09:45 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Friday tomorrow
Old 08 October 2009, 09:46 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Bit strange, I had seen something on tv about people in China being executed for crimes, basically commit a crime, get tried and then executed in the back of a van, on the face of it, its law and order but in reality its more about harvesting donor organs for rich people who travel over for a transplant.
the ultimate extension of free market economics

but fvck it as dpb says its the weekend -- and sunday looks windy

Big Air!!!

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 08 October 2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08 October 2009, 10:05 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Id want a medical first

, Check hes pickled in the same quality scotch

We can but hope Hodgy
Old 08 October 2009, 10:08 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

So, I had been reading about this, afterwards and had a dream wherby it became possible to sell a year of your existence to someone else, this is something that anybody could do, woke up thinking about it and as usual, dreams that are vivid when you wake up just dissapear but it came back to me later on and it got me thinking what if, not really plausible obviously but say it became possible, given human nature, what would happen, what would be the going rate for a year of life, would you take the gamble ?

Bit deep perhaps but hey, you moan when its the same watch, phone, telly threads, its time to get a bit philosophical !
Jamaican Woodbines?
Old 08 October 2009, 10:10 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Old 08 October 2009, 10:18 PM
yoza
BANNED

We have not had a watch thread from me in Yonks......in fact Im on a layoff tomorrow, I will treat you to one.

A watch thread that is.

Trending Topics

Old 08 October 2009, 10:23 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Ok, simplified, if we could sell a year of life, what would happen ?

You lot just dont exist on the higher plane do you

I suppose I shouldnt be surprised, now, them bloody Muslims eh.....
Old 08 October 2009, 10:37 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

OP, Interesting question. Quite like the way this could go if the more intelligent side of scoobynet responded

I think if it could end up being similar to the idea of money. If you could sell/give a year of your life to someone then we could also buy a year for ourselves. Do you think people would start lending years to others?

Do you think the pessimists would start to buy years in desperation just In case? or perhaps to gain a life wealth?
Old 08 October 2009, 10:52 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

The intelligent side of Scoobynet, now that is an even trickier concept....

I think we would end up with life brokers, the shady loan companies would advertise on Daytime tv offering to get you the best price for your spare years as frankly you are sat on your **** watching daytime telly so you wont miss it, many already have, webuyanylife.com, Ocean life finance etc

kids in the third world would be traded down to a point where is they make it to seven they will run out anyway, American Billilonaires would buy up thousands of years each, ********* over here would sell ten years for a Range Rover Sport, couple of years here and there for a holiday, Scoobynet would see some of the flashest watches ever seen and then close down the following year.
Old 08 October 2009, 11:01 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

It's mad to think it really, that there will be someone somewhere who would give up a chunk of their life for a material object.

But then again that isn't really that far from the truth since people these days (well, just before the banks doomed us all) would take out huge loans that they couldn't afford to pay back, or meaning they had to work twice as much to just scrape by, all for some pointless/un-needed object.

Oooh now you've got me in that philosophical mood. Are ocean finance etc etc actually comparable as life brokers?
Old 09 October 2009, 09:30 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

I'd buy a year of Ashley Coles life. **** the **** out of Cheryl all day.

PS. When I was Ashley, I'd also open a Bank account in my real name. Stick loads of money in it, so when I was me again, I'd have shagged the **** out of Cheryl every day for a year, and got paid for it.

Last edited by stilover; 09 October 2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09 October 2009, 11:51 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
I'd buy a year of Ashley Coles life. **** the **** out of Cheryl all day.

PS. When I was Ashley, I'd also open a Bank account in my real name. Stick loads of money in it, so when I was me again, I'd have shagged the **** out of Cheryl every day for a year, and got paid for it.
Sorry mate but the idea is you buy a year of life off someone, not a year of their life, so you can add to your years left but not live their life, cant imagine Ashley Cole would be selling a year to raise a few quid.

If you really want a Geordie type bird, nip up to Sunderland, Hartlepool, Middlesborough, Newcastle, there fookin thousands of them, pick one that ain't too manky, not many tattoos, less than 15 stone, a full set of teeth, scrub it up a bit and Bobs your uncle.
Old 09 October 2009, 01:12 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Sorry mate but the idea is you buy a year of life off someone, not a year of their life, so you can add to your years left but not live their life, cant imagine Ashley Cole would be selling a year to raise a few quid.

If you really want a Geordie type bird, nip up to Sunderland, Hartlepool, Middlesborough, Newcastle, there fookin thousands of them, pick one that ain't too manky, not many tattoos, less than 15 stone, a full set of teeth, scrub it up a bit and Bobs your uncle.
Been out with a couple Geordies. Don't live to far away. I think you'll find alot of Geordie girls are quite nice. Most of the drunken overweight trollops you see staggering around Newcastle, are Hen party groups from out of the area. Been out with one of Cheryl's friends actually Went to Dance classes together.

Middlesbrough girls who ever? Propper Townies.
Old 09 October 2009, 01:46 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

If you really want a Geordie type bird, nip up to Sunderland, Hartlepool, Middlesborough, Newcastle
Surely that should read...If you really want a Geordie type bird, nip up to Newcastle

as the others are not Geordies

Sunderland - mackams
Hartlepool - monkey hangers (I'm a fully fledged monkey hanger )
Middlesbrough - smoggies
Old 09 October 2009, 02:18 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

"Geordie Type", fromt he North East, and I agree, they are quite nice, the accent is great, down to earth and direct, all the sub species though, it just gets too complicated, if they sound a bit like Cheryl Cole I suspect that would do for most.
Old 09 October 2009, 02:23 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Perhaps it could become negotiable when they have instituted compulsory euthanasia at a certain age!

Les