Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

JSA help

Search this Thread

Old 04 October 2009, 12:31 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default JSA help

hi all, got a question for those who are out of work claiming JSA. ive had a letter yesterday from the job centre,saying....

'We need to see you to discuss a query that has arisen concerning your claim to benefit.. a Customer Compliance Officer will be calling to see me on thursday.'

has anyone else had one of these letters? my contribution based jsa is due to end this month so could it be something to do with that? i cant understand why they are coming to my house.

anyone help
Old 04 October 2009, 06:51 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never had this, but it may be a new thing for them to visit you in your home. I remember when signing on or attending reviews/meetings etc., there were always lots of spare slots available due to the pondlife not turning up and going AWOL. I would think this may be why, unless they have something on you

My contributions based went for 6 months, then they do a review and it turns to income based. As my Mrs earns more than £95 a week, the JSA stopped.

PM me if you want a chat about it as I remember quite a bit having swapped from benefits recently.
Old 04 October 2009, 07:33 PM
Lydia72
Scooby Regular

It could be for any number of reasons, don't panic. Years ago I worked for the Benefits Agency, we would home visit to check people were receiving the correct benefits and to double check any information given on forms. In some circumstances it was due to tip-offs or something not quite adding up but equally it could also be just a random visit. It could well be that it is because your JSA Conts is coming to an end.

Last edited by Lydia72; 05 October 2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 05 October 2009, 10:41 AM
RoShamBo
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,

Dont want to scare you - and its probably nothing, but my brother has been claiming JSA for 8 months. After 6 months he had to re-apply as contributions based stops and becomes income based - that required filling a form in that probably contributed to them destroying about an acre of rainforest to produce. That was done through the post.

Also after 6 months they started asking him to come in for monthly "job interviews" where someone sat down with him and quizzed him more about what work he was looking for etc and offering "help". Again he went to the job centre - not them to him.
He also had to send through last 4 payslips for his wife who works part time as he was declaring this - to prove what he was claiming for her income was true. He has done this twice to date - again though the post.

All of this though and everything else was done via post, or him going to job centre - no-one ever came to see him or asked to come and see him.

You have to be v careful nowdays as their systems are much better and they cross reference any forms you fill in. For example he filled in his income ased JSA form and a few weeks earlier he had filled in an application for council tax benefit - and they wrote to him as there were differing amounts claimed for mortgage benefit he was getting - only a little mind.

I would assume they want to clarify or check something that cannot be done through the post - so assuming everything you told them was correct then nothing to worry about - but for them to want to come see you I would imagine makes it quite important.

Good luck and hope you find work soon as the whole JSA/benefit thing is one of the most depressing thing you can go through !
Old 05 October 2009, 03:36 PM
powerwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

thanks roshambo...upto now all of my correspondence with the jobcentre has been done via post and me going to them as you say..ive already done the interviews and different things like that..and im coming upto the end of my 6mths of contribution based jsa..as youve put it should change to income based but i believe my wife earns just enough for me not to be able to claim it.
Not had to send any more wage slips for my missus as yet but i dont know..it may come to that.
im guessing its somthing important for them to be visiting me and not just the fact of my current claim coming to an end. all i can do is wait and see,i can sit here all day guessing but i will never know untill he comes so fingers crossed its nowt bad.

really need to get a job..like youve said..theres nothing more depressing than having to claim dole