Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

immigration problem (simple answer)

Search this Thread

Old 16 September 2009, 10:18 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default immigration problem (simple answer)

the way i see it the answer to our over population and benefits problem is simple a small change in the law and a large sign at all ports . law change all immigrants would only be entitled to whatever benefits they would of got in their own country IE NOTHING . the sign in all languages of course .. COME ON DOWN YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME HOWEVER YOU WILL ONLY RECIEVE BENEFITS ON THE SAME LEVEL AS YOU WOULD OF GOT IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY. the french dont give them anything why should we .. if the bnp went for this they would get my vote but at the moment their views and policies are to extreem please discuss
Old 16 September 2009, 11:22 PM
Slick81
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

French dont give them anything because majority of immigrants be it legal or illegal want to come to the United Kingdom so there is no real problem for them. Secondly all the illegal immigrants tend to wait at the border of Calais where they hang round there and try to board lorries etc. If they dont make that there is what they call the "Jungle" where they stay and wait for the next set or lorries.

The benefit system is`nt as transparent as we like to think it is. Loads of things are taken into consideration and one of the main form of benefits that are being given out is child benefit. Unfortunatly people entering United Kingdom illegally or claiming assylum are bringing with them their families, or if not they enter at a later date. Families need to be cared for, especially children which all boils down to human rights and providing benefits to these children is something which the government has to do. Unfortunatly for all us the system is being played along with all the rest of them. But how many brits are out there claiming benefits even though they are not entitled to it. How many 18 yr old mums are there now who have more then one child. Infact there probably younger than that these days because they`ve been informed of this free life that can be had.

BNP views unfortuantly wouldnt work in what is now a multicultural society. Maybe one or two of the things I partially agree with but only because my mum and dad have slogged thier guts out since they`ve been here and have earned their citizenship, and Im sure other people probably feel the same for those who have earned their right to be here. However putting a political body in power with no experience in the leading of a country would be a very bad idea IMO.

Also, we need to bear in mind that there was a point when no one was willing to do the "hard jobs" which didnt pay much years ago, but these jobs are now taken up by the very people who the BNP would want to get rid of. Again it is not as easy as that, as each person would need to be returned to their country which itself is a very expensive and time consuming task which can at times take anything up to a year.

From the looks of things the cheaper and easier thing to do for the government is to let them stay.

Silly, I know
Old 17 September 2009, 05:55 AM
MrLouKnee
Scooby Regular

any immigrant on the face of the planet should be allowed into the UK so long as they do 5 years in the Army. A new regiment should be formed for eg; 1st Battalion the Suicide (martyrs) Regiment

if they survive they can live on Dogger Island
Old 17 September 2009, 06:54 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just scrapping the benefits system would make more sense.
Plus, no one could accuse you of being racist.
It's win win.
Old 17 September 2009, 07:23 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

If you think the French don't have a huge problem with illegal immigrants then you're a fool.
Old 17 September 2009, 08:29 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

I'm fairly certain that Illegal immigrants aren't entitled to anything anyway, so that's a bit of a red herring.

Does anyone actually know how much of the 'benefits' budget is actually going to legal immigrants? I bet it's a tiny proportion, just as it's a tiny proportion of immigrants that actually come here for our appalling benefits system in the first place. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 17 September 2009, 09:04 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
I'm fairly certain that Illegal immigrants aren't entitled to anything anyway, so that's a bit of a red herring.

Does anyone actually know how much of the 'benefits' budget is actually going to legal immigrants? I bet it's a tiny proportion, just as it's a tiny proportion of immigrants that actually come here for our appalling benefits system in the first place. Correct me if I'm wrong.
You are not wrong.
Old 17 September 2009, 09:08 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

You are absolutely right but if the Daily Mail don't let the facts get in the way of scaremongering stories about these nasty immigrants then I don't see why SN NSR should be any different so can you please edit or delete your post as it has no place here ...
Old 17 September 2009, 09:41 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Quite easy, no matter what proportion goes to illegals. NO benefits for non-Brits or Brits until they've paid into the *system* for, say, 4 years.

Dave
PS: that DOES include those from the EU.
Blimey those pesky kids are going to have to work for their child allowance!!
Old 17 September 2009, 09:51 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

most of the immigrants come from areas in the world where the UK arms industry has peddled death/misery and ecomonic collapse in equal measure

only today we have a UK company admitting to dumping huge amounts of dangerous toxic waste indiscriminately along the coastline of Africa -- apart from all the other issues - what happens if you earn your living fishing along these coastlines.

who you put up with it -- the Africans along the West Africa coast have been putting up with it for years

so its not just jobs or benefits they have to worry about

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 17 September 2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 17 September 2009, 10:28 AM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Illegals: once caught, incarcerate them, put them on the NEXT transport back to wherever they came from. They have broken our laws by entering illegally, why should they have any rights?

If any of them apply for asylum here, point out to them that the law, (not ours, INTERNATIONAL law), states that they MUST apply for asylum in the FIRST country they come to after leaving their own country/whatever country they are applying for asylum FROM. They CANNOT cross umpteen borders and ask where they please. Thus, only those arriving as stowaways on larger ships, NOT cross-channel ferries, or on aircraft from outside the EC, even have the RIGHT to ask.
All others: straight back to whatever country they came from on the NEXT train/ferry etc. And if that country happens to be France, then let the French deal with them........they have dithered abd dallied for long enough allowing these people to camp out on our doorstep, while the French police turn a blind eye to their illegal activities.
Old 17 September 2009, 10:41 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Anybody entering illegally has broken our laws so should be deported to their point of embaration to the UK or, if not the country of origin, if no country can be established then a simple blood test will narrow it down to a place of birth (apparently)

simple and quick, if people want to come here then apply from their country of origin, if in fear of their lives then taken into consideration by apply beofre you get here and the nearest British embassy. NOT RETROSPECTIVELY!

as for no benifits for illegals - Illegals can and do get treated on the NHS which is a huge benefit to them imho - classed at health tourist and another drain on an already stretched service!

Why do we have a lot of immigrants - simple - they are better off here - our benefits and system does pay out, why else travel through beautiful countries such as Italy and France to get here. It is all about milking our system as they know they will not get as much help in other countries. France and Italy part of EU but has people in power who stand up for the rights of the indigenous people over the rights of others.
Old 17 September 2009, 10:45 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tanyatriangles
Illegals: once caught, incarcerate them, put them on the NEXT transport back to wherever they came from. They have broken our laws by entering illegally, why should they have any rights?

If any of them apply for asylum here, point out to them that the law, (not ours, INTERNATIONAL law), states that they MUST apply for asylum in the FIRST country they come to after leaving their own country/whatever country they are applying for asylum FROM. They CANNOT cross umpteen borders and ask where they please. Thus, only those arriving as stowaways on larger ships, NOT cross-channel ferries, or on aircraft from outside the EC, even have the RIGHT to ask.
All others: straight back to whatever country they came from on the NEXT train/ferry etc. And if that country happens to be France, then let the French deal with them........they have dithered abd dallied for long enough allowing these people to camp out on our doorstep, while the French police turn a blind eye to their illegal activities.

....and then we'll all live happily ever after
Old 17 September 2009, 10:54 AM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Daft non-answer as usual.
Old 17 September 2009, 10:56 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Anybody entering illegally has broken our laws so should be deported to their point of embaration to the UK or, if not the country of origin, if no country can be established then a simple blood test will narrow it down to a place of birth (apparently)

simple and quick, if people want to come here then apply from their country of origin, if in fear of their lives then taken into consideration by apply beofre you get here and the nearest British embassy. NOT RETROSPECTIVELY!

as for no benifits for illegals - Illegals can and do get treated on the NHS which is a huge benefit to them imho - classed at health tourist and another drain on an already stretched service!

Why do we have a lot of immigrants - simple - they are better off here - our benefits and system does pay out, why else travel through beautiful countries such as Italy and France to get here. It is all about milking our system as they know they will not get as much help in other countries. France and Italy part of EU but has people in power who stand up for the rights of the indigenous people over the rights of others.
I think we can all agree that illegal immigrants should get little sympathy no benefits, although a little compassion wouldn't go a miss.

As for legal immigration - you seem to be saying that the only reason people come here is for benefits, that is just plain wrong, and you know it. The vast, overwelming majority are here to work. Which is why there are so many immigrants currently heading for home

I think the best way of ending this so-called immigration crisis would be to ban the Daily Mail they(amongst others) are the ones whipping up this hysteria!
Old 17 September 2009, 10:59 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Daft non-answer as usual.
Not my problem if you don't the point
Old 17 September 2009, 12:01 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Martin2005;8946912]
As for legal immigration - you seem to be saying that the only reason people come here is for benefits, that is just plain wrong, and you know it. The vast, overwelming majority are here to work. Which is why there are so many immigrants currently heading for home

QUOTE]

Oh rubbish, why travel through Germany, Italy, France and other EU countries to get to a little island, are there not jobs or chances of employment in the other countries, countries often with a better climate and just as much if not more opportunities.

Martin it is all about what can be got from the UK and our system, if you think otherwise then you are deluding yourself!

Charity starts at home and oplease give the DM bashing a rest it really is getting old, how long beofre someone plays the race card i wonder...
Old 17 September 2009, 12:15 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

[quote=Paul Habgood;8947015]

QUOTE]

Oh rubbish, why travel through Germany, Italy, France and other EU countries to get to a little island, are there not jobs or chances of employment in the other countries, countries often with a better climate and just as much if not more opportunities.

Martin it is all about what can be got from the UK and our system, if you think otherwise then you are deluding yourself!

Charity starts at home and oplease give the DM bashing a rest it really is getting old, how long beofre someone plays the race card i wonder...
You are completely and utterly wrong.

All the country's you mention also have MASSIVE immigrant workforces as well.

Are you suggesting that the majority of immigrants in the UK are claiming benefits, because that's what it sounds like?
Old 17 September 2009, 12:49 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Martin2005;8947037]

You are completely and utterly wrong.

All the country's you mention also have MASSIVE immigrant workforces as well.

Are you suggesting that the majority of immigrants in the UK are claiming benefits, because that's what it sounds like?
No Martin, not all and no i am not completely and utterly wrong.

Can i challenge your (as usual) sweeping statement about an 'appauling benefits system' - where else in europe is there a better system and if it is 'appauling' then why are so many people able to live quite comforably in some cases - housing, medical, dental, opticians/eye care, rent, council tax and utilities covered and money for food and use of the free education system. Hardly 'appauling' and i would imagine quite apppealing

and please explain why so many illegals want to hget into the UK, what is the appeal exacly of travelling 2000 miles to an iland with a cold climate and unfriendly natives where there are no jobs then, i am all ears...

Last edited by The Zohan; 17 September 2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old 17 September 2009, 01:02 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

[quote=Paul Habgood;8947086]

No Martin, not all and no i am not completely and utterly wrong.

Can i challenge your (as usual) sweeping statement about an 'appauling benefits system' - where else in europe is there a better system and if it is 'appauling' then why are so many people able to live quite comforably in some cases - housing, medical, dental, opticians/eye care, rent, council tax and utilities covered and money for food and use of the free education system. Hardly 'appauling' and i would imagine quite apppealing

and please explain why so many illegals want to hget into the UK, what is the appeal exacly of travelling 2000 miles to an iland with a cold climate and unfriendly natives where there are no jobs then, i am all ears...
WHERE IS YOUR EVIDENCE?????

And stop conflating Illegals and Legals, because Illegals aren't entitled to any benefits anyway

I say it again the vast majority of immigrants don't go anywhere near our benefits system - so show me you're not wrong
Old 17 September 2009, 01:03 PM
Norman D. Landings
Scooby Regular

+1
Old 17 September 2009, 01:27 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Once you've "lost" your passport we can't do anything.... so send them to Afghanistan !

LOL

dunx
Old 17 September 2009, 01:32 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems to me that people are saying illegal immigrants don't get any benefits.
Is this so?
Are asylum seekers included in this subset of people?
I don't think I would include someone who sneaks into the country (say from Europe) with no documents and then claims asylum, to be a legal immigrant.
Are those who say that illegals recieve no benefits including these people?
FWIW, I don't give a **** who comes here.

Last edited by cster; 17 September 2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 17 September 2009, 01:33 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

a simple blood test will narrow it down to a place of birth (apparently)
So a pregnant woman goes on holiday to Kenya and unexpectedly gives birth. She then flies home to Ipswich. How does (or even theoretically how could) a blood test establish place of birth?

The reason there isn't a simple answer to the supposed immigration problem is because it isn't a simple problem. However, there are a few myths that seem to colour people's judgement, so for the record I'll point out a few facts:

1) Not every immigrant coming in is illegal. Not even the ones that are brown or talk a bit funny

2) Not every immigrant is coming here simply because they want £60 a week and a cheaply built flat on a **** hole sink estate

3) Not every immigrant heads for the UK. In fact every single country on the planet has immigrants, both legal and illegal

4) France (or any other EU country for that matter) does not simply usher immigrants through the Channel Tunnel with a Gallic shrug to let the rosbifs deal with the problem.

5) The vast majority of benefits are given to those who need them

6) The vast majority of long term unemployed are our own home grown stock

7) Many of our home grown long term unemployed have never paid taxes or NI

I appreciate that this makes it difficult to point at someone and blame them for the collapse of the social fabric of the country, but I'm afraid that it's the truth.
Old 17 September 2009, 01:35 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cster
It seems to me that people are saying illegal immigrants don't get any benefits.
Is this so?
Are asylum seekers included in this subset of people?
I don't think I would include someone who sneaks into the country (say from Europe) with no documents and then claim asylum to be a legal immigrant.
Are those who say that illegals recieve no benefits including these people?
FWIW, I don't give a **** who comes here.
But asylum seekers aren't illegal immigrants, they're asylum seekers. And yes, they turn up with no documents. Maybe we and the Americans should have sent all the German Jews home that turned up without their passport in the late 30's?
Old 17 September 2009, 01:47 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
So a pregnant woman goes on holiday to Kenya and unexpectedly gives birth. She then flies home to Ipswich. How does (or even theoretically how could) a blood test establish place of birth?

The reason there isn't a simple answer to the supposed immigration problem is because it isn't a simple problem. However, there are a few myths that seem to colour people's judgement, so for the record I'll point out a few facts:

1) Not every immigrant coming in is illegal. Not even the ones that are brown or talk a bit funny

2) Not every immigrant is coming here simply because they want £60 a week and a cheaply built flat on a **** hole sink estate

3) Not every immigrant heads for the UK. In fact every single country on the planet has immigrants, both legal and illegal

4) France (or any other EU country for that matter) does not simply usher immigrants through the Channel Tunnel with a Gallic shrug to let the rosbifs deal with the problem.

I appreciate that this makes it difficult to point at someone and blame them for the collapse of the social fabric of the country, but I'm afraid that it's the truth.
Excellent post, and far better put than ive managed so far!
Old 17 September 2009, 01:54 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV

One of the best posts ever on Scoobynet. Nice one
Old 17 September 2009, 02:16 PM
magepaster
Scooby Regular

Any Illlegals that "lose" their passports and ID thus ruling out deporting them should be conscripted into the armed forces and made to fight for this country for 3 years in whatever war torn country we happen to be in. If they don't wish to do that they will suddenly find their documents and can be shipped back to where they came from.
Old 17 September 2009, 02:49 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

One obvious solution is to get out of Europe and stop all immigration aside from those that are needed to strengthen the economy and earn enough to pay the taxes required to give me a pension when I retire. UK would also save around £20m a day by pulling out. dl

Quick Reply: immigration problem (simple answer)