Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

WTF? Is racism more exceptable?

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2009, 09:58 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF? Is racism more exceptable?

A white woman told my sister that apparently she doesn't pay tax because she is 'foreign' and therefore i shouldn't be allowed on the bus!!

Although my sister is Chinese in origin, she speaks English "like a native" and was on her way to work!

Is this level of narrow mindedness on the rise?

BTW, this was in South West London, in suburb where there is large Korean community!

I wouldn't know whether to be speechless, or suggest that I pay more in tax than she does and she should **** off!! Then again, it's another reason to not use public transport!!
Old 15 September 2009, 10:01 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

F'ing disgusting. There are some narrow minded ****** out there.
Old 15 September 2009, 10:04 PM
cookie sti
Scooby Regular

my understanding is every tax payer employed pays the same amount. to be honest i feel racism has turned the other way where someone who is not white has freedom to say what they want but a white person is repramanded for their opinions on other communities
Old 15 September 2009, 10:05 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Is this what really happened, or has something been lost in translation?
Old 15 September 2009, 10:08 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Hey Andy, long time, no post. Good to see you here again. Still living or was it working in St. John's?

Sorry to hear about your sister. Unusual for around here in my experience.

BTW - it's acceptable...

Last edited by unclebuck; 15 September 2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 15 September 2009, 10:16 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

cookie, Do you really believe that or have you experienced it? I know that The Daily Mail would have us believe that the immigrants are taking over or PC gone mad!

Peter, LOL.... crap film though.... or did I just not get it???

Hey UB, not working in St Johns any more as my ex-boss was a hetrophobic!! Still lurk, it's hard to change a decade long habit!!! We know violence doesn't solve anything, but I'm sure that my sister should have punched her hard in the face, but I guess that would be a racially motivated attack!!!
Old 15 September 2009, 10:20 PM
cookie sti
Scooby Regular

i have experiance it not exactly on colour but with immigration. i believe everyone should have equil rights but ive witnessed some have more equil then others but do not wish to stereotype what others they would be
Old 15 September 2009, 10:21 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Have you watched Gran Torino, the Clint Eastwood movie??

It's a perfect Allegory for this kind of stuff.. Watch it if you haven't

and, wtf is 'hetrophobic' lol

Last edited by unclebuck; 15 September 2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 15 September 2009, 10:31 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mylesthegreat(not!)
Foo'king disgusting. There are some narrow minded ****** out there.
Edited for racism

Poor form in this day and age
Old 15 September 2009, 10:34 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Cookie, yes we should all be equal, but I know I'm judged harder when I walk into a room, compared to my colleagues. TBH we all know people who are more equal than others, due to position, seniority, where they live, etc, etc! Diversity is all around us... do you judge redheads different to blondes??

UB... an edit for a spelling error...tsk, tsk, I'm surprised!! As for hetrophobic..... well he wasn't a homophobic!!
Old 15 September 2009, 10:44 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 53WRX
Edited for racism

I should have contemplated my reply a little more.
Old 15 September 2009, 10:50 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 53WRX
Edited for racism

Old 15 September 2009, 10:52 PM
cookie sti
Scooby Regular

actually i judge u smarter then i do blondes lol
Old 16 September 2009, 12:26 AM
richiewong
Twatful

Originally Posted by Andy Tang
do you judge redheads different to blondes??
Yes, all gingers should be drowned at birth, they are evil pasty devil spawned reverse vampires!!!!

My sister had this once in London, she was heavily pregnant at the time and got the bus with my brother in law. Pretty packed bus and she managed to get a seat with my brother in law standing nearby. Some narrow minded old biddy got on afterwards, no seat and told my sister she should stand and make way for people who were born in this country

My brother in law, Jack, ripped the tore a strip off the old crow but my sister was too shocked to react!

As a kid I got on the bus, paid my fare then the driver just asked if I had any manners in the country I was born in for not saying thanks for getting my ticket. Should have told him since I was born and raised in Newcastle and using him as an example, then the obvious answer to his question was a big fat no, **** bus driver with chip on shoulder!
Old 16 September 2009, 12:30 AM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

if you want to know why the flood gates were opened for immigration then take a look at the double dealing and back handed exchanges going with Libya... I am willing to bet any money that the particular countries of origin have got some shady deal going on with the UK.

But the line between genuine migrants who have integrated into the UK culture and the influx of immigrants simply chasing a dream has blurred lately.

Sign of the times, we are going back to the dark ages of 'paki bashing' and burning crosses (or bollards).
Old 16 September 2009, 09:15 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

oh come on ... this person is clearly a comedy genius .. and has been watching Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay...
Old 16 September 2009, 09:24 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

on another note, I think racism is created by the people involved.

I was out last night for my birthday (which is today ) with an Indian mate .. well technically he's from Bangladesh.He has been here 13 years and we where ripping the **** saying they don't like immigrants and his parents will tell him to **** off back to his own country he was laughin his head off ..

We even warned him to watch out on the plan for a white guy with a backpack ..

Skin colour jokes, job stealing jokes ... its all in jest and he gives it back lol .. I think we have moved passed racism now and can laugh at people who actually have issues with people because of where they come from or what they look like.. and I am far from being part of the PC crowd.
Old 16 September 2009, 09:35 AM
cookie sti
Scooby Regular

well said and happy birthday by the way pimmo.
I think a bit of banter is a good thing it helps ppl feel more comfortable but those who see it as a personal attack are the ones that should really grow up and let it go. or am i wrong?
Old 16 September 2009, 10:00 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Its disappointing to hear about this sort of attitude.

Les
Old 16 September 2009, 12:22 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

I've experienced it several times, having a Japanese wife.

Usually from some know it all, know nothing idiot. Or the i'm better than you because i'm thoroughbred anglosaxon or even the I dont like Japanese cos one of them shot at my grandad during the war!
Old 16 September 2009, 12:54 PM
dave247
Scooby Regular

Hi, can I order chicken curry with egg fried rice and chips, a portion of curry and chips and a bag of prawn crackers please?

Ill be around in half hour to pick it up

Thanks
Old 16 September 2009, 01:06 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Should have just laughed in her face and pushed her out the doors as they were closing.

"Now whose not on the bus biatch!"

Wouldn't help race relations but would be highly amusing to the other passengers - I'd laugh anway.
Old 16 September 2009, 01:10 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

i think its racism is becoming more acceptable, even if i don;t agree with it being, the extreamists and those who use religion to excuse behaviour or claim to be persecuted due to being a minority have created a culture of anti religion and anti foriegners (sp) within the rest of the comunity. basicly people are sick of the few and it affects the many
Old 16 September 2009, 01:48 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by richiewong
Yes, all gingers should be drowned at birth, they are evil pasty devil spawned reverse vampires!!!!

My sister had this once in London, she was heavily pregnant at the time and got the bus with my brother in law. Pretty packed bus and she managed to get a seat with my brother in law standing nearby. Some narrow minded old biddy got on afterwards, no seat and told my sister she should stand and make way for people who were born in this country

My brother in law, Jack, ripped the tore a strip off the old crow but my sister was too shocked to react!
That and the OP comments make me feel sick.

I remember about 3 years ago i was on the train on the way home from work, it was rush hour so the train was heavily packed, even where everyone was standing. everyone was white apart from one man who was a siik (spelling) or muslim. a lady said out loud/borderline shouting, "I hope he's not a suicide bomber". I froze. I really diddn't know what to say (and i was a teenager with a bit of a gob aswell[in the non asbo sense ])
Old 16 September 2009, 01:50 PM
Big Pete
Scooby Regular

It's just not right fella
Old 16 September 2009, 02:02 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

It's bad, and it extends everywhere unfortunately. I am Anglosaxon, my wife is African. Even in Australia, I've had to....take "action".
Old 16 September 2009, 02:10 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Unfortunately history shows that economic troubles tend to bring racial tensions to boiling point.
Old 16 September 2009, 02:19 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Unfortunately history shows that economic troubles tend to bring racial tensions to boiling point.
Bingo! The 2005 London bombings!
Old 16 September 2009, 02:26 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

A white woman told my sister that apparently she doesn't pay tax because she is 'foreign' and therefore i shouldn't be allowed on the bus!!
Another reason why I refer to the bus as a peasant wagon.

I tend to find it's those who have done wrong, or are always doing wrong, that blame everyone else for the situation they find themselves in, or they think they can comment on situations which they know nothing about.

Saturday night I went to an RTC where a boyracer had jumped the lights, and his rear end had been collected by a pizza boy. We clear the scene, have both cars recovered, get both drivers to exchange details. The boy racer is gutted, the pizza boy is a little shocked, but everything is fine.

And then one of the racist morons who seem to fill Mansfield wanders out of a pub and over to see what's happened. "I can see what's happened here. It's them ****ing Polish lot. I bet he was Polish wasn't he mate. I bet he'll get away with it as he only speaks Polish. Blah, blah, blah...." I was so tempted to nick him for public order, but at this point we got another emergency in, so I told him to wind his neck in (or words to that effect ). Besides, the fella was Turkish and had lived over here for over 25 years and the plank in question was only 22. There are some retards around Mansfield. I'm so glad I only work there and don't live there - I once heard a local say "Let's go into town and shout at the benders" I'm actually surprised they don't hang around outside the pubs on gay night to beat up any homosexuals they come across.

For those who have seen Inglorious Basterds, what do you think to modifying the Brad Pitt character's carve the swasticka into the forehead of **** so he can be identified? Surely that would be a good way to deter racists (and howabout we extend it to criminals too)
Old 16 September 2009, 02:46 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Default Disgusted

Although my sister is Chinese in origin, she speaks English "like a native" and was on her way to work!

Is this level of narrow mindedness on the rise?

BTW, this was in South West London, in suburb where there is large Korean community!

I wouldn't know whether to be speechless, or suggest that I pay more in tax than she does and she should **** off!! Then again, it's another reason to not use public transport!!
Oi, Tang, that's disgusting - you can spell far better than that!

Quick Reply: WTF? Is racism more exceptable?