World Trade Centre Program on Channel 4

Search this Thread

Old 07 September 2009, 09:17 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default World Trade Centre Program on Channel 4

Who's watching this?

Really is disturbing stuff. Horrible thinking about what the people in the trade centres went through before they died...and to actually jump.
Old 07 September 2009, 09:24 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seen it before and thought it was the best documentary i have ever seen.There was another brilliant (in a morbid kind of way) documentary last night about the phone calls made during the attacks.
Old 07 September 2009, 09:30 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Bad stuff................

More propaganda to support the wars in the middle east.

Beslan, that was bad, and again used to move people and anger them.......
Old 07 September 2009, 09:38 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

If I read your post right, Janspeed, how the f@ck can a collection of videos be construed as propaganda? I can understand totally if the Yanks want to chase Bin Laden to the ends of the earth, personally.
Old 07 September 2009, 09:39 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Janspeed
Bad stuff................

More propaganda to support the wars in the middle east.

Beslan, that was bad, and again used to move people and anger them.......
You can see why that would anger and move people though. Western cultures have terrorism, but not on this scale with this many people involved. That doesn't make it any worse, but it is just shocking. What could be considered the capital city of the western world brought to a standstill. Thousands of people killed.

Also think about the effort put into building those buildings. People probably died in the construction of them. All that effort to advance destroyed by some nutters from the east.
Old 07 September 2009, 09:43 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

I was there at ground zero last summer.
It's very creepy watching this recignising places where I've stood.

This wont change my opinion of what's happening in Afghanistan, this is just a detailed record of a major awful event in my lifetime

Last edited by Bonehead; 07 September 2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07 September 2009, 09:47 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mylesthegreat(not!)
If I read your post right, Janspeed, how the f@ck can a collection of videos be construed as propaganda? I can understand totally if the Yanks want to chase Bin Laden to the ends of the earth, personally.
The problem is that someones grief is always someone else's weapon......do you get it?
Old 07 September 2009, 09:52 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

The problem is that someones grief is always someone else's weapon......do you get it?
I get where you are coming from, but take the media for instance. They will write on a parent who has lost a child through a stabbing incident, their agenda is to sell more papers by harnessing the energy of the parents grief to demonise the guilty parties. This is many different video clips by many different people, all shooting the 'action' and the reaction to it by the bystanders, collated in chronological order. This is not the same.
Old 07 September 2009, 09:53 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
You can see why that would anger and move people though. Western cultures have terrorism, but not on this scale with this many people involved. That doesn't make it any worse, but it is just shocking. What could be considered the capital city of the western world brought to a standstill. Thousands of people killed.

Also think about the effort put into building those buildings. People probably died in the construction of them. All that effort to advance destroyed by some nutters from the east.
True, but more people than that died during a day in WW2 or even a WW1 day. That was our war, the Yanks were going to have to pay the price of intereference some way or another, and here in Europe that price has been paid for in various forms and manners since the Crusades......

Look at the Tsunami, the horror and pain that it caused: +300,000 dead and missing whole villages and towns gone, local culture vanished.......thousands of tourists gone, whole families!!!

THAT makes me feel bad as fvck, 911 is a consequence of uncontrolled capitalism and lies.
Old 07 September 2009, 09:54 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So we should forget all about it?
Old 07 September 2009, 09:56 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

I get where you are coming from, but take the media for instance. They will write on a parent who has lost a child through a stabbing incident, their agenda is to sell more papers by harnessing the energy of the parents grief to demonise the guilty parties. This is many different video clips by many different people, all shooting the 'action' and the reaction to it by the bystanders, collated in chronological order. This is not the same.
True, and in their individual form they are not, but as a whole such a program is a tool for propaganda even though it is a documented part of history.

I guess everyone "wins" something is some weird way.
Old 07 September 2009, 09:57 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot
So we should forget all about it?
No, if you read the post above.

We must never forget these events.
Old 07 September 2009, 09:58 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

My last comment, the victims in all these catastrophes were innocent, and this programme is an indicator of that. The producers are at no time focussing on Bush, the military, their 'Crusade', etc. Its all about the human tragedy.

Edited to add: Janspeed, I dont think you like the Americans very much, do you?

Last edited by Myles; 07 September 2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07 September 2009, 09:59 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

In fact if it were up to me at the time I would have laid waste to everything east of Turkey within the hour......all the way up to Indonesia.
Old 07 September 2009, 10:00 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

My last comment, the victims in all these catastrophes were innocent, and this programme is an indicator of that. The producers are at no time focussing on Bush, the military, their 'Crusade', etc. Its all about the human tragedy.
Yes, but it still brings up those "feelings" does it not?
Old 07 September 2009, 10:00 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

True, but more people than that died during a day in WW2 or even a WW1 day. That was our war, the Yanks were going to have to pay the price of intereference some way or another, and here in Europe that price has been paid for in various forms and manners since the Crusades......

Look at the Tsunami, the horror and pain that it caused: +300,000 dead and missing whole villages and towns gone, local culture vanished.......thousands of tourists gone, whole families!!!

THAT makes me feel bad as fvck, 911 is a consequence of uncontrolled capitalism and lies.
You've got a screw loose pal. A tsunami is a natural disaster! Not exactly the same as flying two jets into skyscrapers, is it?

The world wars were in a totally different time. Wars like that will likely never be seen again.
Old 07 September 2009, 10:03 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Edited to add: Janspeed, I dont think you like the Americans very much, do you?
I have a lot Yanks friends and to be honest it has nothing to do with not liking them.

They (as a country) just have to grow the fvck up once and for all, it is like having Mike Tyson sized 4 year old, with his boxing skills: it is not going to be good! (Actually that IS Mike Tyson!)

They will pay one way another for their arrogance, 911 was one of their lessons.
Old 07 September 2009, 10:04 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

You've got a screw loose pal. A tsunami is a natural disaster! Not exactly the same as flying two jets into skyscrapers, is it?

The world wars were in a totally different time. Wars like that will likely never be seen again.
It obviously wasnt my last comment! I tried to reason with Janspeed, but he has an axe to grind with the USA, I think. So f@cking what if it is or isnt a tool for propaganda, seeing the terror in the eyes of the innocents is hard to watch. Do you think they 'had it coming', and did some guy in the street being covered in dust from the twin towers have anything to do with 'uncontrolled capitalism and lies'?
Old 07 September 2009, 10:05 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

You are talking about tragedy, which is the end result of an event.

Both are tragedies, with terrible endings.

You went to the point of mentioning the effort that went into the towers, that can be said for anything that is destroyed, natural or not.
Old 07 September 2009, 10:05 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, if you read the post above.

We must never forget these events.
Precisely, that's what's happening, it's almost the anniversary of these events so we are remembering. Not sure I would class it as propaganda.
Old 07 September 2009, 10:06 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

They will pay one way another for their arrogance, 911 was one of their lessons.
This **** is the kind of thing that will get you mistaken for an Al Qaeda footsoldier. Honestly, what bollocks.
Old 07 September 2009, 10:06 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

It obviously wasnt my last comment! I tried to reason with Janspeed, but he has an axe to grind with the USA, I think. So f@cking what if it is or isnt a tool for propaganda, seeing the terror in the eyes of the innocents is hard to watch. Do you think they 'had it coming', and did some guy in the street being covered in dust from the twin towers have anything to do with 'uncontrolled capitalism and lies'?
Wind your **** in mate!

A bit over-excited are you not?

Last edited by Janspeed; 07 September 2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07 September 2009, 10:08 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Don't think they're learning.

How many Ragheads have died since 911 - my guess would have to be circa 1,000,000 - There or there abouts .

If you want to teach the Americans a lesson threaten them with something really bad - Like the NHS .

Yanks are passed helping
Old 07 September 2009, 10:09 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Wind your **** in mate!

A bit over-excited are you not?
That was our war, the Yanks were going to have to pay the price of intereference some way or another. Your quote, ********.
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

You are talking about tragedy, which is the end result of an event.

Both are tragedies, with terrible endings.

You went to the point of mentioning the effort that went into the towers, that can be said for anything that is destroyed, natural or not.
That's true, but this tragedy was the result of the eastern nutjobs. There is no religion or culture in the west that would do something like that.

That's not racism, that's fact.
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

This **** is the kind of thing that will get you mistaken for an Al Qaeda footsoldier. Honestly, what bollocks.
You guys had barely come out of the caves when we kicking their butts all the way back into North Africa pal!

The Crusades were started by us, we went all the way!
Old 07 September 2009, 10:11 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

That was our war, the Yanks were going to have to pay the price of intereference some way or another. Your quote, ********.
You are mixing things up ********.

Their arrogance, like the Russian, Brits and French, Spanish whatever will always have consequences.

They paid for it like that.
Old 07 September 2009, 10:12 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

You guys had barely come out of the caves when we kicking their butts all the way back into North Africa pal!

The Crusades were started by us, we went all the way!
Explain 'you guys', 'caves' and 'we'
Old 07 September 2009, 10:13 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasey
Don't think they're learning.

How many Ragheads have died since 911 - my guess would have to be circa 1,000,000 - There or there abouts .

If you want to teach the Americans a lesson threaten them with something really bad - Like the NHS .

Yanks are passed helping
Indonesia has something 120 million of them.....do you think they are running out of manpower??

NHS? You should give them Eastenders!
Old 07 September 2009, 10:14 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Explain 'you guys', 'caves' and 'we'
Well you seem to know how to read and write, from there you might be able to come to conclusions.......

Quick Reply: World Trade Centre Program on Channel 4