Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone else HATE the town they live in?

Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2009, 01:39 PM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone else HATE the town they live in?

I do

Dirty, smelly, poverty-ridden, (second poorest area after one in East London, apparently), full of immigrants, full of dirty fat chav women, full of teens pushing babies with another one on the way, full of second hand, and charity shops, no proper mall or covered shopping, filthy streets, but massive council tax..............Yuch!

Add to that, it's Backwatersville UK. I often try to follow recipes etc on TV, but am fast giving up due to an inability to find some of the ingredients.
Today was shin beef, of all things. NOWHERE had it, and yesterday, three butchers didn't either.

Roll on going to live in France
Old 06 September 2009, 01:41 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Nope I love living in my part of London actually. For all its faults I would not wanna move away unless it was far far away.
Got everything I want right on my doorstep
Old 06 September 2009, 01:47 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like the place i live in, its a good ol' Protestant-styled village with good ol' values. You've got good neighbours, nice shop keepers and a hairdresser who cuts my hair for free if i wash her, car until 18months ago it was brilliant!

Now its getting riddled with scummy townfolk and their rat-like children who have no values what-so-ever or respect for anyone or anyones property. Its actually been getting bad enough that the girlfriend now wants to move.
Old 06 September 2009, 02:02 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope, I quite like the town I live in, fairly well to do, decent butchers plenty of shops, good for commuting to london, some very nice restaurants (Japanese, Chinese, Indian, Italian and Tapas, all within 5 minuts walk), it's not noisy apart from a few peeps on a Saturday or Friday night and is close to all my closest friends and my brother lives 5 minutes walk away. Could be worse.

Thankfully, when I chose where I was going to live, I didn't get all masochistic and choose a place that I was gonna hate
Old 06 September 2009, 02:42 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

There are certian parts of northampton which are no-go areas, even during the day. I hate that this has been allwed to happen. The areas are infested with easter europeans - gangs who do not make you welcome and do not want you in their territory. They fight amonst themselves as well - old rivalries
Old 06 September 2009, 03:25 PM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

I love living in Harpenden town/village. We do not have any Maccy D's etc here. We do have a Sainsburys Waitrose and A food Marks and Spencers. I think the type of shops you have depicts the type of people that live in the area, sort of

We dont have any gangs of nastiness just young lads on hairdryers but they are not as many now.

We have lots of green space and its nicely kept. I would be hard pushed to find somewhere better to live these days.

And the bus stops are not full of immigrants. Plus only one language is used in the schools
Old 06 September 2009, 03:49 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sarasquares
I think the type of shops you have depicts the type of people that live in the area, sort of
Yep, generally I'd agree with that.
Old 06 September 2009, 04:06 PM
Mifo
Scooby Regular

I live in Loughborough, its alright really but like most places has good and bad areas.

We got every shop here that you need plus 2 x maccy ds.

Its a Uni - town so there are more pubs and clubs here than average which are most likely kept going by the students themselves.

Its got its fair share of immigrants but they tend to live close to the centre of the town which isnt where I live . Crime isnt too bad especially compared to the nearest citys of leicester and nottingham.

The best part of living here for me is the country side and some nice driving roads when they arent busy.
Old 06 September 2009, 04:22 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

The main town i am on the outskirts of, is full of pikey charvers, but i am situated right out of the way, in a quiet little estate, overlooking a marina full of nice posh boats.

I love the part that i live in, 5-10 mins drive and i am not so keen to be honest, although it is being redeveloped quite a lot and they are flattening and rebuilding quite a bit of it, into what looks like more "nice parts"

We are based on the banks of the river tyne, which in 5 mins leads to tynemouth/the sea, so you tend to get the more nicer folk paying a bit extra to live on the water banks etc etc

The pikeys tend to stay a bit more "inland" only venturing out to steal things and assault people

A few years back, some pretty impressive riots were kicking off in "meadowell" and this part of the town in only a 10 min drive from where i am, in fact the youngun at work lives smack bang in the middle of it, and is always getting his wing mirrors kicked off his car and stuff

Where we are is no kind of through road/route to anywhere that the pikeys need to be, they will either go into the main town, or hop on the metro train and go straight to newcastle, so you would not believe the difference in the way that people live, considering we are such a short distance apart
Old 06 September 2009, 04:46 PM
yoza
BANNED

Nope...I like it where I live.

Close to where I work, and also close to where I work as well, ideal really.

Yet far enough away to be out of it.

cryptic stuff.
Old 06 September 2009, 04:50 PM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Like it where I live, which funnily enough is why when I was looking to buy a house, I bought one here.

Liked the last place I lived in Cardiff as well, as it was one of the best areas, but was starting to get a bit too busy, so moving out to a village in the countryside is much better.

Surrounded by mostly retired people, normally during the week the birds singing is the loudest sound.

Bit obvious really, if you hate where you live - move !
Old 06 September 2009, 05:07 PM
yoza
BANNED

Maybe being tied to a place you dont like is not good for you, it makes you unhappy....

Hence why you never see an unhappy Gypsy, if they dont like it where they are, they hitch up and **** awf somewhere else.

Happy, happy....happy.
Old 06 September 2009, 06:15 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

I love where I live, its 30ish minutes from most other towns, right on the foothills of the peak district, a number of forests/woods and loads of places to go walking (which is what I like)

Would still love to move to Cornwall though, different pace of life.

As for my home town of Rochdale. I would never move back there its like the middle east and the council have ruined the place!

If I could though i'd move back to japan in a heartbeat, as even the worst sh;thole there is a paradise compared to here!

Last edited by mykp; 06 September 2009 at 06:21 PM. Reason: added the words japan
Old 06 September 2009, 08:23 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Its ok over here in Cheshire by and large, a trip to Oldham and back through Manchester taking in a few places where I lived/visited as a kid made me realise how nice it is where I live, inner city Manchester is a **** hole, trampy areas full of bookies, tanning salons and manky pubs, houses with the number badly pained on the front in gloss paint, P reg Puntos and a garden full of rusting bikes and kids toys, shaven headed kids on BMX's followed by Staffies off the lead, young Asian dudes blasing round at high speed in noisy old Jap cars, people stood smoking and drinking, litter everywhere, no pride, nobody seems to give a ****, teenagers sauntering across the road in front of your car to get a reaction ( pretent you havent seen them, they soon move). Doesnt need to be like that really does it, why do people seem to revel in crapness ?

Sometimes I despair at some of the selfish ignorant tossers round here but rather that than living in a **** hole
Old 06 September 2009, 08:30 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
I really like the place i live in, its a good ol' Protestant-styled village with good ol' values. You've got good neighbours, nice shop keepers and a hairdresser who cuts my hair for free if i wash her, car until 18months ago it was brilliant!

Now its getting riddled with scummy townfolk and their rat-like children who have no values what-so-ever or respect for anyone or anyones property. Its actually been getting bad enough that the girlfriend now wants to move.
bloody hell you wash her ..... what villiage is this
Old 06 September 2009, 08:33 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

I like My little bit of Cheshire.

I hate the fact I can't afford to move up the housing ladder in the village as everyone else likes this little bit of Cheshire as well!

For our budget. back in Cumbria, I could have a bloody palace!

Steve
Old 06 September 2009, 08:33 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

I love it down here in Surrey, Perfect town IMO. Must be rubbish hating where you live, at least you have some light at the end of the tunnel, Just think France!!
Old 06 September 2009, 08:48 PM
DaveBeck
412/425 of forged love

So much so i joined the Navy
Old 06 September 2009, 08:49 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Tanyatriangles do you live in Dewsbury per chance? you have described it to the letter?

I used to live in Huddersfield and now hate the place, think it's becuase I stillwork there in the worst areas, live in a nice part of Leeds, although Bradford is not too far away and thats ****e too
Old 06 September 2009, 09:15 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

I absolutely hate the old town i used to live in. Was a lovely place 10-15 years ago, but has gone very downhill.

I have moved to a little village now, and it is so much nicer
Old 06 September 2009, 09:38 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

There are times when I hate the town I live in. Seeing fat, teenage mothers dropping *** ash on their kids heads. Having my back jarred by the potholes in the road. Driving past the hospital that has now been closed down despite the town having a population of over 80K.

But then the grass isn't always greener. We have some good restaurants, plenty of things for the kids to do, plenty of open, green space and our neighbours are great.

Would I (we) move? Maybe but the move would have to be to a place where all of the boxes for things that we wanted were checked. You might move halfway around the round the world for what you thought would be a better life only to move next door to a neighbour from the 9th plane of hell.
Old 06 September 2009, 09:51 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Dislike where I lived for most of my life Birmingham, couldn't wait to leave, love the village I live in now, and the town isn't too bad when I go there.
Old 06 September 2009, 10:35 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

I don't hate it, but it has plenty of problems like most large town/cities.

Thankfully I live on the edge of town, close to fantastic countryside and work 50 miles away, so rarely see much of it!
Old 06 September 2009, 10:58 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tanyatriangles
Today was shin beef, of all things. NOWHERE had it, and yesterday, three butchers didn't either.

Roll on going to live in France
Shin horse it is then
Old 06 September 2009, 11:24 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

I used to hate south london but surprised going back there how posh it's all got in some places.

I live in the concrete city now but for all the flack it gets it's nice to come back to it and not see any drama.

People generally get on and are fairly liberal about things, there is plenty of money and prospects are good but the only thing that it does miss is the hustle and bustle that you can only get from having people close together which sadly my city lacks as everything is spaced out (but we got some damn nice driving roads).
Old 07 September 2009, 12:18 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I come from the London area but would not want to live there any more.

I consider us to be very lucky to be able to live in the West Country which is a beautiful area and where the people still live according to the old standards where people think of others and will always help when it is needed.

Les
Old 07 September 2009, 12:23 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I come from the London area but would not want to live there any more.

I consider us to be very lucky to be able to use my DeLorean to time travel to live in the West Country of 1952 which is a beautiful area and where the people still live according to the old standards where people think of others and will always help when it is needed.

Les
Old 07 September 2009, 12:35 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Hull has it "special" areas like anywhere, but it was the zero employment opportunities that eased me out to the "Rhubarb Triangle", just North of Wakefield.....
Quiet except for the M1, M62, railway line and the planes heading for Leeds/Bradford...

dunx

P.S. You can tell Jeff has a poorly car can't you ?

Last edited by dunx; 07 September 2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07 September 2009, 01:33 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Torquemada
I think you need help!

Les
Old 07 September 2009, 01:35 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I think you need help!

Les

OooooOoooh

No, clearly I need a DeLorean.

Quick Reply: Anyone else HATE the town they live in?