Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What happened to Rugby?

Search this Thread

Old 19 August 2009, 04:38 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What happened to Rugby?

Caught red-mouthed cheating. Best bit is that arrogant numpty Will Carling said everyone was over-reacting and Dean Richards was a scapegoat.

What sport would you gladly enjoy knowing that at some point the physio or the doctor would have to deliberately cut you with a concealed scalpel or razor blade!!!

[Daily Mail mode]What is the world coming to?[/Daily Mail mode]
Old 19 August 2009, 04:41 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

They used blood capsules. Cut them after to make it look real as suspicion was raised.

Rugby is full of dirty cheating players yet is held up as a paragon of virtue compared to football. The only good side is the attitudes to the ref. For the rest of it if they aren't trying to gouge, trample or punch the opposition they're necking steroids or other drugs to get bigger.

It's what happens though when a sport goes professional and money comes into it.
Old 19 August 2009, 04:44 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Hilarious! Egg chasers down at a level lower than Ronaldo.......at least he didnt pour fake blood all over his ankles, he just squealed like a piggy.
Old 19 August 2009, 04:58 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

Can I be the first to differentiate Rugby Union (this one) and Rugby League. Nowt wrong with League
Old 19 August 2009, 07:17 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trout

What sport would you gladly enjoy knowing that at some point the physio or the doctor would have to deliberately cut you with a concealed scalpel or razor blade!!!

Wrestling although TBH they cut themselves 9 times out of 10.

blading can make things a bit 'interesting', makes it a bit sick when they cut themselves too deep though

for example :whoops: YouTube - Eddie Guerrero vs JBL
Old 19 August 2009, 09:40 PM
RJM25R
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Flaps
Can I be the first to differentiate Rugby Union (this one) and Rugby League. Nowt wrong with League
League FTW! Union are (mostly) bullies/bullied public schoolboys brought up with a silver spoon in their mouth!

Tally ho!
Old 19 August 2009, 09:50 PM
rob878
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RJM25R
League FTW! Union are (mostly) bullies/bullied public schoolboys brought up with a silver spoon in their mouth!

Tally ho!
Quality sterotyping!!! still not be long before the 'quins league team are taking after their union hosts. The M62 corridor must be reeling from the reek of garlic every time Catalan come to play. Not quite the same as a Wigan pie, or a gallon of Greenalls at St's

Anyway .......Leeds Rhinos!!!
Old 19 August 2009, 10:40 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

And all the away teams used to chant at us '...boring Leicester - always cheating'...

Well, NOT anymore. We're good guys now.

Rugby is still a fantastic game to watch when it's played at the highest level and this sort of cheating really is few and far between.
After everything Deano had done for us I was totally gobsmacked when I heard this. I never ever thought someone held in as high a regard as him could be party to something as dodgy as this.

But it's done now and the game will move on and certainly be cleaner for it.

As for the public schoolboy stereotype - you clearly know nowt about todays Union players!

Rugby. A game watched by Gentlemen and played by hooligans.

Old 19 August 2009, 11:43 PM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rob878
Quality sterotyping!!! still not be long before the 'quins league team are taking after their union hosts. The M62 corridor must be reeling from the reek of garlic every time Catalan come to play. Not quite the same as a Wigan pie, or a gallon of Greenalls at St's

Anyway .......Leeds Rhinos!!!

The missus is from Wigan so Rugby League is in her blood. After being with her for 10 years it's been thrust upon me by both the in-laws and her (so much so that I have almost adopted that inbred bitterness towards St. Helens that Wiganers just love to exhert). Rugby Union's just an excuse for posh schoolboys to touch each other up in the guise of a contact sport.

Originally Posted by zip106

Rugby League. A game watched by hooligans played by sportsmen.

As for the cheating, it'll happen in every sport whether we like it or not.

Nowt like the tast of Pooles' Pies!

Last edited by Jonnys3; 19 August 2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old 19 August 2009, 11:49 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zip106
And all the away teams used to chant at us '...boring Leicester - always cheating'...

Well, NOT anymore. We're good guys now.

Rugby is still a fantastic game to watch when it's played at the highest level and this sort of cheating really is few and far between.
After everything Deano had done for us I was totally gobsmacked when I heard this. I never ever thought someone held in as high a regard as him could be party to something as dodgy as this.

But it's done now and the game will move on and certainly be cleaner for it.

As for the public schoolboy stereotype - you clearly know nowt about todays Union players!

I think you hit the nail on the head - how can someone who is held in such high regard be guilty of actively guiding such arrogant cheating.

A bit like McLaren - the mud was slung and we could not believe it; mud was slung again and it stuck.

Cheating seems much worse when the mighty fall.

As for hooligans, just look at Brian Moore. Psycho!

PS Rugby in Scotland is played by farmers and tractor drivers
Old 20 August 2009, 12:12 AM
rob878
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jonnys3

Rugby Union's just an excuse for posh schoolboys to touch each other up in the guise of a contact sport.
I fear the great game of rugby league has also been tainted by rather dubious "contact"

John Hopoate, when playing for West Tigers had a 12 week ban for forcibly inserting a finger into his opponents anus during a tackle.

Proctological rugby

That is clearly a step up from a forearm "facial" as so beloved by Stevo!!

Last edited by rob878; 20 August 2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 20 August 2009, 12:25 AM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lmao, I'd forgotten all about that incident Rob. I miss watching Aussie Rugby League on SkySports - I'm sure those guys were on steroids; never seen the game played at such a ferocious speed!

As for Stevo, his commentary is legendary
Old 20 August 2009, 12:37 AM
rob878
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jonnys3
lmao, I'd forgotten all about that incident Rob. I miss watching Aussie Rugby League on SkySports - I'm sure those guys were on steroids; never seen the game played at such a ferocious speed!

As for Stevo, his commentary is legendary
Aye it's pretty rubbish missing out on the ARL, as you say the speed is amazing. Enjoyed watching Benji Marshal as he is pretty unbelievable with the speed he runs and steps at.

Anyway as a dual coder, (no thats not union code for cross dressing ) pretty sad to see such cheating and by all accounts on 4 separate occasions, and this fast on the heels of Bath drugs problems. Mind you nice to see Gaz Hock holding up the league end of things and getting himself banned.

Still support both codes and you have rugby 365 days a year, the mrs loves it, or maybe not
Old 20 August 2009, 06:24 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

John Hopoate, when playing for West Tigers had a 12 week ban for forcibly inserting a finger into his opponents anus during a tackle.

Proctological rugby

Known locally as

Crouching Tiger Hidden Finger

ARL is brutal compared to the UK game I must admit.
Old 20 August 2009, 11:11 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Rank cheating and those responsible deserve the order of the boot.

Les
Old 20 August 2009, 11:39 AM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

I fear the great game of rugby league has also been tainted by rather dubious "contact"

Proctological rugby

I have always said rugby is a game for boarding school kids who are borderline gay, why would you stick a finger up another mans aris?

egg chasing ****!
Old 20 August 2009, 12:47 PM
RJM25R
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8WRX
I have always said rugby UNION is a game for boarding school kids who are borderline gay, why would you stick a finger up another mans aris?

egg chasing ****!
Edited for truth.
Old 20 August 2009, 12:57 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by RJM25R

Tally ho!
I played rugby union for Stuttgart for 3 years and I can guarantee there is not one member of the team that was a public school boy bully or brought up with a silver spoon in his mouth.
Old 20 August 2009, 02:19 PM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Originally Posted by Wurzel
I played rugby union for Stuttgart for 3 years and I can guarantee there is not one member of the team that was a public school boy bully or brought up with a silver spoon in his mouth.
did you finger any of them?
Old 20 August 2009, 02:31 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Who cares. Take this crap off the air....
Old 20 August 2009, 04:12 PM
rob878
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8WRX
I have always said rugby league is a game for boarding school kids who are borderline gay, why would you stick a finger up another mans aris?

egg chasing ****!
As that is clearly a League player with his finger testing some ones crimper out!

Must be due a little to rugby League Haute Couture, plunging V necks and breath takingly snug shorts, the poor chap probably couldn't resist a wee poke!

Anything that annoys Klaatu must of course be kept on the air, just to ensure he is kept at the optimum level of annoyance.

Last edited by rob878; 20 August 2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 20 August 2009, 08:31 PM
RJM25R
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
Thats clearly not in England is it? I know nothing about rugby union in Germany!
Old 20 August 2009, 08:34 PM
RJM25R
Scooby Regular

As that is clearly a League player with his finger testing some ones crimper out!

Must be due a little to rugby League Haute Couture, plunging V necks and breath takingly snug shorts, the poor chap probably couldn't resist a wee poke!

Anything that annoys Klaatu must of course be kept on the air, just to ensure he is kept at the optimum level of annoyance.
I didn't say THAT picture was a union gayer, just in general that they are cheating basterds in union.

Anyway, that pic is of an Australian though, so at the end of the day NOTHING is beyond them *******, they ain't even human!