Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

O2 joggler family organiser thingy...

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2009, 10:30 PM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default O2 joggler family organiser thingy...

Anyone know anything about this new fancy gizzmo from O2 called the joggler? I saw the advert for it the other day (O2 Joggler Ad) and immediately thought it'd be a good thing in our house. It looks and sounds like a nice swish gadget that could help in our household. However, I was immediately put off by its price tag of £150 .

I was just wondering if anyone has had any experience of this device, its functionality, practicality, ease of use, pitfalls etc. etc.
Old 17 August 2009, 11:32 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why pay £150..

thats what the fridge door is for

Mart
Old 18 August 2009, 12:55 AM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

I can't see our fridge door for the array of "artwork" our little un keeps attaching to it.
Old 18 August 2009, 08:06 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

In theory, good idea...

in practice... nightmare, who,s going to update all the info?

Your 17 year old, who's going out,? .....where......just OUT!!, "duh, your always going on at me", lol

Your mum? - "its not working, it says cannot connect", "well i cant see the screen without my glasses"

Your wife?, "ive got a million and one jobs to do, and if you think i,m going to spend an hour a day on that...." or "oh really, and who,s going to pay for it?"

followed by, "And whats wrong with talking to me?, or sending me a text?"

The real decider is... apart from work when you use outlook etc, when do you use a calendar to map out your evening/ weekend activity's?

Mart
Old 18 August 2009, 08:40 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

The mrs works at 02 and has mentioned this a couple of times. Still struggling to see the point. Its an electric photo frame come calendar. Ive got my own calendar on my Iphone which I have with me all the time. If I want to combine calendars so we know what each other have booked we can do that for free with Google Calendar.

Simon
Old 18 August 2009, 09:09 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

What's the URL of the Trafficmaster website that is hard-coded in it then?
Old 18 August 2009, 01:18 PM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360
In theory, good idea...

The real decider is... apart from work when you use outlook etc, when do you use a calendar to map out your evening/ weekend activity's?

Mart
All the time - my kids belong to various clubs and societies and they're always doing this that and the other; my wife works part-time evenings and is gets asked to do overtime; and I am in a band, frequently gigging, so it can be hard work keeping track of what's supposed to be happening where and when. We usually have a family calendar (failed miserably this year) but to have an electronic calendar text us reminders saves all having to work through leaflet after leaflet and both the Mrs' and my diaries. Just seems easier for the Mrs and me to fill in one calendar and have it remind us automatically with txts - cost puts me off though.

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
The mrs works at 02 and has mentioned this a couple of times. Still struggling to see the point. Its an electric photo frame come calendar. Ive got my own calendar on my Iphone which I have with me all the time. If I want to combine calendars so we know what each other have booked we can do that for free with Google Calendar.

Simon
I can see the point but can't really agree with the price tag. Does your Mrs know of any of its hidden surprises etc?

Old 18 August 2009, 01:32 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I maintain my calender on my PC and Blackberry, and when I feel the other half needs to know about me doing something I add her as an attendee and its automatically added to her Blackberry calender.
Sod spending 150 quid for something that sits in the same place, so once its out of sight its out of mind lol.
Old 18 August 2009, 03:00 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

You don' thave to update the calendar on the Joggler itself, you have an online family calendar which can be accessed anywhere online.

It instantly updates your Joggler.

We bought ours when me and the wife bought our new iPhones as we were getting 30% off, we use ours a lot and it's proving useful.

I will add though that apart from the calendar (and you can configure it so it sends you a text to remind you of certain events) we don't use any of the other functions.

Old 18 August 2009, 03:21 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Is it any different from just entering it on your mobile device calender then sending it to other people involved ?
If you are accessing it via your iPhone in the first place, surely its just as easy to enter it in the calender?

Probably see more use of it if I used one I guess, but on the surface it seems like a needless middle man.
Old 18 August 2009, 03:31 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, I work for O2 also, no I dont have one but one of the guys I work with does, he originally said its a bit of a gizmo, but now his kids just love it, he said it makes life easier for him and his missus, though I will get an update tonight when he comes on shift

Tony
Old 19 August 2009, 07:21 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
Is it any different from just entering it on your mobile device calender then sending it to other people involved ?
If you are accessing it via your iPhone in the first place, surely its just as easy to enter it in the calender?

Probably see more use of it if I used one I guess, but on the surface it seems like a needless middle man.
It is slightly different because it's one central shared calendar - not one where you have to make your entries and send them on to people.

You can update it via the Joggler or via the internet
Old 19 August 2009, 07:34 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hanley
It is slightly different because it's one central shared calendar - not one where you have to make your entries and send them on to people.

You can update it via the Joggler or via the internet
Yeah I get what you mean. Bit expensive for what it seems to do, but a funky gadget none the less
Old 19 August 2009, 07:40 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

O2 have had so many issues with adding the Family bolt on to customers accounts its unreal!!

Banny
Old 20 August 2009, 12:14 AM
Jonnys3
Scooby Regular

I think we've managed to sort of achieve what the O2 juggler does via google calendar now.

We've setup a calendar for the kids acivities and associated the wife's mobile phone with it so that notifications can be SMS'd to that phone. Likewise we've done the same for my wife and myself and then shared all the calendars - this means that dates only have to be entered once as they will appear on each other's calendars (no more multiple diary entries). Furthermore we've setup SMS notifications so we each get a reminder sent to our mobile phone for specific events - which was the main appeal of the O2 joggler in the first place.

In a roundabout way I think we're there. Thanks for all your input people.

Last edited by Jonnys3; 20 August 2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 20 August 2009, 11:05 AM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
Bit expensive for what it seems to do, but a funky gadget none the less
Agreed it's a bit expensive but what gadget isn't