Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Pop-Up Gazebo Recommendations ?

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2009, 08:44 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pop-Up Gazebo Recommendations ?

I am looking for a pop-up gazebo, approx. 6' x 3'

There are plenty to choose from on eBay, but can anyone actually recommend one, or are there any that should be avoided ? Or should they all be avoided ? (I've heard they aren't very stable )

Thanks
Old 17 August 2009, 09:16 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

The one I had (first NBO) was very stable and a doddle to put up, as long as you make sure when taking it down all the bars do actually start folding and not bending like mine did and broke LOL

I got another one from Focus as it was only about 40 quid
Old 17 August 2009, 09:35 PM
darms
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got a black one from Ebay last year for £60 (with 4 sides two with windows ) Very happy with mine mate
Old 17 August 2009, 10:06 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I got one from Ebay about two years ago. It was hardly a pop-up! it needed 2 to 3 people to play piano accordion with its zig-zaggy bits, in order to erect it. I put it up in my garden. It p!ssed down hard that night, strong winds broke the skeleton of the gazebo, and it looked like a hag the way it was crumbled. All zig-zag/mishmash got bent and all I was very unhappy with it. My £200 went down the drain, but stupidly I had left a 5-star feedback for the seller before properly trying it out. It was sh!te of a pop-up gazebo. I suggest you see one first with your naked eyes, check out well how sturdy it is, then buy it with at least a little guaruntee from some reputable store, where you can actually take it back for refund without paying lofty P&P for it from your pocket, if it comes to it. RAC guys at Tesco doors have solid pop-up gazebos. They cost about 2K, I think. That kind of quality is desirable even for leisure; to resist the weather and for H&S.
Old 17 August 2009, 10:36 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

That size gazebo is normally meant for a minimum of 2 people to set it up, and put it down, at least mine is

Unless there is a different kind of pop up gazebo you can get these days
Old 17 August 2009, 11:00 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

The one I bought from Ebay said that you could put it up all by yourself. LOL Bullsh!t! Well, RAC guy sets his all by himself, he says. TBH I have never seen him set it up, but I did once see him taking it down all by himself at a county show. They are the finest quality gazebos for outdoor events. Outdoor presentation/promotion event merchadise for businesses esp. gazebos would cost an arm and a leg with a torso thrown in, I suppose. But these large companies can afford them at the cost of their sales person signing more victims up on the spot in sun, rain, wind and snow.