I have sent you an E mail.

All the best,

John Catlin
Old 09 March 2002, 07:51 PM
state11
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Most are all mouth and no trousers and what you probably have here is an offence of something like Public Order/Breach of peace. (if they nicked him for what he said to you-but you would of needed to give a statement) However if they were looking for someone then potentially it could be something like failure to appear/a warrant for arrest etc etc...your mind could go on and on wondering...

Did they search him before putting him in the car? Was he cuffed etc etc? Was he definately arrested?

If your seriously worried, and ANYTHING suspicious does happen/you see him again, seriously consider speaking to the OIC who was dealing with the person (we assume hes guilty for something...he may of been released for actually nothing....not everyone whos arrested is therefore going to get it in the neck)

Obviously because of what he said you immediately are going to be concerned but ultimately I would say you have no problems....if the ****** did something wrong-in the circumstances of arrest the officer would of noted what exactly they did before speaking to him i.e.. "I was driving along and recieved a call from the control room that a member of the public had seen the detainee doing X,Y,Z etc etc" or perhaps "We saw the man who we know to be Mr X who is wanted on a warrant or breach of bail etc etc" and we confronted him".

The fact that you were there, would of led to them asking you if you knew him (common practice as you can imagine)....if he was a drug dealer and you were there at the time..they might be intrested in who you are, what your dong there etc etc....

Go down and have a word with one of the officers at your nick, explain your concerned and they would need to re-assure you of your safety...explain its the first time you have dealt with the Police/someone lairy etc etc.

All will be fine,
Regards
State11
Old 09 March 2002, 10:22 PM
Dirty_Den
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

John - thanks for the reply, I've emailed you.

State11 - when they initially spoke to me, they said they had reports of a young male involved in an 'incident' in my area. I don't look my age, so I think they thought I could have been involved.

I'm going to probably wander into the station tomorrow and have a word. At the very least, I'd like my concerns noted, so that if anything does happen, they know where to lay the blame. To be honest, I'm not that bothered if the guy wants to have a go at me (although I suspect he's probably too much of a coward to do so) - I'm more worried about him or some mates having a go at my property.

I don't know if he was cuffed or not as he was sat down in the back of their panda car. I'm guessing he was probably arrested though. With any luck, they warned him off after he threatened me, and said something like "if there's any agro round here, we're gonna think it's you".

Thanks for the reply,

Den
Old 03 September 2002, 06:48 PM
Dirty_Den
Scooby Regular

Question

I would appreciate your (and indeed anyone elses) advice/opinion on this situation.

Recently the Police arrested someone outside my house, I have no idea what the guy had done, I'd never seen him before and I probably wouldn't recognise him if I saw him again.

The police had seen him hanging around and asked if I knew him - said I'd never seen him before. I asked the copper a short time later what had happened to the guy, unknowingly he was in the back of their car with the window down

He obviously assumed that I grassed him up for whatever he'd done (which would be impressive as I don't know the little git) and started threatening me in front of the coppers - "I've got your card marked" and "you've f*cked up here pal"

The only concern I have is that this bloke knows where I live and would recognise my car. I suspect I'm worrying over nowt, but I wonder if he's stupid enough to come back and either damage my car/home etc - or even take a pop at me (and I'm not a small bloke, I think I can look after myself). When he threatened me, the copper told him to "shut the f*ck up" so I guess he just felt it necessary to mouth off in front of them.

Anyone have any opinions on this? Am I worrying like an old woman or do you guys think my concerns are justified? Should I wander into the local nick and raise my concerns? If he has threatened me in front of the police, will they have made a note of that? (the police didn't take my details BTW).

Any police officers care to give an insight into what's likely to have happen here? I'm sorry to say that I'm going to think harder about helping the police in future where there's a possibility I can get involved in something I shouldn't. It's unfortunate, because if everyone feels that way then the ******* are going to win.

Den

[Edited by Dirty_Den - 3/9/2002 6:49:08 PM]