Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Meet and greet / valet airport parking

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2009, 08:09 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meet and greet / valet airport parking

Anyone used this service as gatwick? Is it any good or do you end up waiting around for ages anyway?
Old 23 July 2009, 09:16 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Not at Gatwick but I accidently chose this option for my mother who was flying from Birmingham.

She was initially mighty peeved but went with it anyway - she had already managed to book the flight for 03.15 and not 15.15.

It was absolutely fine. She was very happy and chose the same option for her following flight. IIRC she even left her mobile in the car/minbus they used and assumed it gone and they handed it back to her when she came home.
Old 23 July 2009, 09:42 AM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our friends (who we travelled to the airport with) did this last week at Gatwick (not sure which company they used was too exctied about going away to take any notice! ). All went smoothly though.

They rang the "meet and greet" folk as we got off the M25 (about 10 mins away) and they were there to meet us when we got to the drop off area at the North Terminal.

When we landed, they called them again as we collected our luggage and after about a 5 minute wait they arrived with the car, no problems.

Worked well for us.

I did however notice another company having a discussion with the owner of another car about having to pay an additional £10 when they collected their car. From what I could work out they had given the "meet and greet" folk an arrival time of 1130pm but their flight was delayed and it took them in to the next day by 30mins and they were charged an extra £10 because they had gone in to the next day. Something worth thinking about if you have a late evening flight.

Last edited by SirFozzalot; 23 July 2009 at 09:43 AM.
Old 23 July 2009, 10:28 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

OK thanks for that, think I'll go ahead and book it.

Flight does land at 23:00, so I'll bear it in mind!
Old 23 July 2009, 11:24 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

WARNING WARNING WARNING DO NOT BOOK WITH THE EXECUTIVE PARKING COMPANY.
They are total cowboys, My 65 year old step father came back from holiday, he landed at midnight, called exe parking to bring the car to him.
An hour and a half later they arrived with the car, He said he was expecting it a bit faster than that. The delivery driver started on him!!!! Thats right the driver tried to start a fight with my pensioner step father.

If all things were equal I would have dealt with this situation by now but due to my job its best I dont. Plus I know that if they treat people like that at some point someone will treat them the same way they treat others.
Old 23 July 2009, 11:48 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I hope the driver was taken to task for such disgraceful behaviour.

Les
Old 23 July 2009, 11:52 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

I phoned up to complain and the owner told me "if you have a problem come down here and sort it out"
At the time I wanted to nothing more than go down there but common sense won out. I have a nice little life for myself in Surrey and I dont want to throw it away for beating up some wanna be wide boy.
I am not a violent person, however I could have had him
Old 23 July 2009, 12:21 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

There was an investigation on Watchdog on one of the companies... speeding etc in the motors. Bloke running it was the rare beast though, actually came on the programme, took a kicking and claimed to have sorted it all out.

They might now actually be one of the best! Worth looking up. I think it was back in Feb...

5t.
Old 23 July 2009, 12:30 PM
moff1888
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot
Our friends (who we travelled to the airport with) did this last week at Gatwick (not sure which company they used was too exctied about going away to take any notice! ). All went smoothly though.

They rang the "meet and greet" folk as we got off the M25 (about 10 mins away) and they were there to meet us when we got to the drop off area at the North Terminal.

When we landed, they called them again as we collected our luggage and after about a 5 minute wait they arrived with the car, no problems.

Worked well for us.

I did however notice another company having a discussion with the owner of another car about having to pay an additional £10 when they collected their car. From what I could work out they had given the "meet and greet" folk an arrival time of 1130pm but their flight was delayed and it took them in to the next day by 30mins and they were charged an extra £10 because they had gone in to the next day. Something worth thinking about if you have a late evening flight.
The hotel we stayed at last month provided this service for Gatwick and it was handy, however, we were charged extra (albeit a fiver) for an extra day due to the flight being delayed. It was cash only too so luckily there was a fivers worth of shrapnel in the car.
Old 23 July 2009, 09:30 PM
Simes777
Scooby Regular

I've used Maple Manor Meet & Greet a number of times over the last few years. They're OK - generally waiting for you when you arrive at the airport.

They can sometimes take a while to get to you when you return, but nothing to serious - I guess it just depends on how busy it is.

Don't bother with the car cleaning service though - didn't do a particularly good job and forgot to do my mates car as well.

Simes