Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What makes you think you are something ?

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2009, 11:35 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What makes you think you are something ?

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...-you-earn.html

Touching on the above thread, today i encountered someone that thought there were something .... one of the businesses that i am involved with sells vans & sometimes prestige cars. Well today i met the ultimate .... he had just purchased two vehicles from us & thought he was the dogs baws .. a quick experian check proved otherwise & i just laughed when he thought he was going to give my guys a bit of stick.

My point is .............. well you just never know who you are dealing with
Old 17 July 2009, 11:42 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Touching on no thread, I met a serial arsehole today too. I wanted to book a venue through her by offering her the credits for business partnership to her organisation. In the meeting, she was going on about what she was, what she did and blah, blah, blah......... this venue hiring was only a fragment of what she did, she is so good, soooooooo bleddy good, she is even involved in researches and bleddy ya, di da, di dum! Ah well, she has lost the business from me because me likey not @rseholes

End of.

I know what you mean.
Old 18 July 2009, 12:13 AM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Well I didn't touch on said thread as I am above all that crass nonsense ......
did I say I earned loads of dosh?
Old 18 July 2009, 12:26 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well honestly, nothing makes me feel like I'm something. Even if I had loads of money, I don't think I'd feel anything special.

Sad is it may sound, but I try to go through life caring about those around me, and that's about it really.

I've made mistakes in life, I'm not some ideal person, but I have a good-ish heart.

Money or things doesn't make a person, it's what's inside that does that, good or bad. I think most people are 'something' in their own way, but those who are really worth knowing, and are really are something special, are rarely that in any way due to money, from my experience.

Blah, blah blah.
Old 18 July 2009, 12:38 AM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
Blah, blah blah.
I agree
Old 18 July 2009, 12:39 AM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Well honestly, nothing makes me feel like I'm something. Even if I had loads of money, I don't think I'd feel anything special.

Sad is it may sound, but I try to go through life caring about those around me, and that's about it really.

I've made mistakes in life, I'm not some ideal person, but I have a good-ish heart.

Money or things doesn't make a person, it's what's inside that does that, good or bad. I think most people are 'something' in their own way, but those who are really worth knowing, and are really are something special, are rarely that in any way due to money, from my experience.

Blah, blah blah.
Well said Lisa.

Im special to my Family,and friends,who know me for whom i am.If no-one Likes me for who i am,then there not worth the time of day.I dont need expensive things,or huge salarys,or a bulging bank account.I enjoy my life as it is now.
Old 18 July 2009, 12:40 AM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by mr_impreza
I agree
I thought in your case it was Baa baa baaaa!
Old 18 July 2009, 01:02 AM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by Tam the bam
I thought in your case it was Baa baa baaaa!
Old 18 July 2009, 04:14 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

I can't remember who originally said it, but "Those who care don't matter, those who matter don't care" pretty much sums how I lead my life
Old 18 July 2009, 06:20 AM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

There is nothing worse than people who think "I am the Big Shot " .

If they were anything they would not have to let people know .

To me its whats in the Heart that counts ,not where someone stands in the food chain .

Met a few Big Shots who are nothing more than Pond Life .!!!
Old 18 July 2009, 06:36 AM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

There is loads of 10p milliionaires out there. One of my friends keeps going on about how rich he is how much his house is worth or not as the case me be now. I know some proper rich people that if you saw them you would just think they were struggling by
Old 18 July 2009, 07:56 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

its a universal business FACT that the people who give it the big "I am" with flash watch and flash car are the hardest fvckers to get to pay an invoice

they seem to think its somehow beneath them!!!

its then you realise they are all show and no go, and the only reason they have the watch and car is they never pay their bills

all imo obviously

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 18 July 2009 at 08:02 AM. Reason: early morning slepping mistakes
Old 18 July 2009, 08:53 AM
yoza
BANNED

"What makes you think you are something ?"

Well in answer to the titles question...

Listening to my 4 year old son telling me Im the best Daddy in the world.
Old 18 July 2009, 08:56 AM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
its a universal business FACT that the people who give it the big "I am" with flash watch and flash car are the hardest fvckers to get to pay an invoice

they seem to think its somehow beneath them!!!

its then you realise they are all show and no go, and the only reason they have the watch and car is they never pay their bills

all imo obviously
I have a flash watch and a flash car and I always pay my invoices, I don't make anyone wait more than five or six months before they get their money
Old 18 July 2009, 09:32 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

I think you're all spethal
Old 18 July 2009, 09:33 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

i,m sure you do spooky -- but we all know the type

i forgot to mention its a FACT that 80% of statistics are made up too
Old 18 July 2009, 09:33 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by speye91
Well said Lisa.

Im special to my Family,and friends,who know me for whom i am.If no-one Likes me for who i am,then there not worth the time of day.I dont need expensive things,or huge salarys,or a bulging bank account.I enjoy my life as it is now.
Pass that man a cigar.

I'm not hugely successful (hahahaha), but have a bit of self confidence and worth after the recent change in attitude form myself.

No big bank accounts, but friends/family like me for my excentric personality, and others like me for what I can achieve with pencils & paper or my DJ'ing etc.

I like to think I grow on people as they get to know me. (and that can go 2 ways, I know )

Do I care what people think - used too, don't give a **** diddily **** **** **** now.
Old 18 July 2009, 09:38 AM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian

I like to think I grow on people as they get to know me. (and that can go 2 ways, I know )
A bit like Athlete's Foot
Old 18 July 2009, 09:53 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by sti-04!!
https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...-you-earn.html

Touching on the above thread, today i encountered someone that thought there were something .... one of the businesses that i am involved with sells vans & sometimes prestige cars. Well today i met the ultimate .... he had just purchased two vehicles from us & thought he was the dogs baws .. a quick experian check proved otherwise & i just laughed when he thought he was going to give my guys a bit of stick.

My point is .............. well you just never know who you are dealing with
From my 2nd post in the "Richer than Yow" thread the guy I mentioned whose annual income is nearly half of his annual debt commitments behaves in a manner that suggests he is very "well off"

His wife is 10 years younger and clearly a magpie. They have car loan debt of over £20K - I don't know what the cars are but you can bet they aren't low rent. 4 bedroom house on what I can only assume to be "I earn £100K now give me a huge mortgage" lending criteria. Nice clothes, nicely turned out etc etc.

He firmly believes his string of sh1tty get rich quick schemes are going to come off - for every Richard Branson there are thousands of this chap.

Conversly

A friend of mine in his early 50s. He is covered in tattoos and has this long grey straggly hair. He's got a hell of a country accent and drives an old transit van. His greeting to new people is to say he has your name tattooed on his ar5se. He has "Your name" on his ar5se.

A while back down on the marina a bloke in an Aston Martin was clearly lost. My friend flagged him down and helped him out with direction. My friend commented on the guys car and said "I've got a Ferrari but don't use it much" the guy in the Aston laughed at him and drove off. My friend has several cars and bikes and does have a Ferrari 348. Not the most popular but its £6K service wasn't an issue. He also hates it

Last edited by EddScott; 18 July 2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 18 July 2009, 10:36 AM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
i,m sure you do spooky -- but we all know the type

i forgot to mention its a FACT that 80% of statistics are made up too
I think you overlooked the making them wait six months bit
Old 18 July 2009, 11:03 AM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

i think you can be a **** whoever you regardless of wealth,
if you are a **** your are ****.

i know people who are loaded as does jacko, and are really down to earth,
would do anything for you.

i also know people who are mortgaged upto the hilt and drive round in an s4, who just talks utter bull all the time. you just end up avoiding them

the warehouse lads at work got the free vouchers out of the papers for their butlins holiday,
i dont look down at them because i went to a 5*resort hotel with golf buggies taking you aronud the place, i know for a fact they work 5 times harder than me.

by the same rule the directors dont look down on my holiday becaus it was a package holiday.

we had a tool start with us became a director promised loads of business on board,
he brought one job, not even one customer.
i saw him a few weeks later on his laptop in a pub, making out he was the big iam. i just smiled at him thru gritted teeth.

ive got a customer trying to give me business with a flashy website, talking the talk, its plainly obvious to someon in the business that they are young kids who dont know what they are doing.
they are on cash up front, and my quotes are slowly going up and up so they will ring other people.

my old boss had a bently now hes got a cl600, he was brought up in salford worked hard and been lucky, great bloke he deserved it, his missus liked to lord it over you, so everyone ignored her.

i suppose they are the kid that used to nmake up stories when you were in your gang as a kid, they just grew up into walter mitty types.
Old 18 July 2009, 11:07 AM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a guy locally who owns an estate and is a multimillionaire. He drives about in old bangers like E30 BMWs and dresses in old scruffy jeans etc! You'd probably think he was homeless if you didn't know.
Old 18 July 2009, 11:12 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

What makes you think you are something ?

A bling watch innit !

dunx

P.S. My pal Mikey's dad looks like he just tarmac'd someones drive, he has hands like shovels and a yacht SO big it only lacks a helipad... and it's moored in Monaco ! ! !
Old 18 July 2009, 11:58 AM
rabbos
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
There is a guy locally who owns an estate and is a multimillionaire. He drives about in old bangers like E30 BMWs and dresses in old scruffy jeans etc! You'd probably think he was homeless if you didn't know.
Not everyone is interested in showing off their money to others.

Ego is generally what makes people think they are something, as opposed to a tiny monkey on a tiny planet at the **** end of a small galaxy somewhere in a massive universe filled with galaxies...
Old 18 July 2009, 12:25 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Blah, blah blah.
Well said Lisa, money can be an indication of success, but what really counts is the manner in which you make it.

Les
Old 18 July 2009, 12:49 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

a positive attitude, smiley face, and the ability to get on with everyone you meet

will get you along way in life
Old 18 July 2009, 01:05 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Each to their own i guess.I just do what i need to do to try and have the things i want in life and make sure those that are closest to me are taken care of.Money can turn people for the better or worse.Lol i remember was couple of people like that on my dad's side of the Family just cuz they had a few bob they used to act like lord of the manor types,Family get togethers no one would really bother with them and don't tell em anything.One thing that did P1ss me off once was when my moms friend passed away and the son and daughter came rushing over from Ireland,never really bothered to visit before but knew was money to inherit.Anyhow the son and daughter were left a million pound and the house,they sold the house pocketed the cash didn't even bother to use some of that money and buy a stone for their moms grave.Just left and went back to Ireland loaded,that's the kind of thing that p1issess me right off when it comes to certain types of people and they come into a bit dosh..
Old 18 July 2009, 01:19 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

we did a job for a lord,

absoulte nightmare getting paid, he was down to earth though i must say,

i thought he was one of the drivers.

Quick Reply: What makes you think you are something ?