Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Do you get on with the in laws?

Search this Thread

Old 17 July 2009, 10:49 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you get on with the in laws?

I tolerate mine, they're nice enough people I just don't have anything in common with them. They bore me for hours so I try to avoid them when they visit, and very rarely go there. How do you get on with yours?
Old 17 July 2009, 10:55 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I dont mind her dad as he's an ok bloke, but her mum is a f*ckin fruitloop. I haven't talked to her mum since last December after she started a full on punch up with her sister (Mrs' aunt). Proper childish stuff too.

She's also the type to get jealous of her kids, and has upset my Mrs on a few occasions with nasty vindictive comments. I honestly have no time for the woman any more, she's just a clueless dick 'ead Retarded at everything.
Old 17 July 2009, 11:01 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

brilliantly-- tbh like a second set of parents

have known them for 25 years, often spend holidays with them

they have been divorced for about 15 years

my wifes father, remarried (someone his daughter age i.e. my wifes) and went on to have a further 3 kids -- all the same age as our 3 oldest, so they are all like brothers and sisters
Old 17 July 2009, 11:07 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my most likely soon to be mothe- in-law is alright although because i wont go out as a family with them, i'm apparently "odd as ****!" I wouldn't go out with my family so why she thinks i'd want to spend time with them is beyond me. I do think my good ladies grandad is absolutely fantastic, great craic for a good story that leads nowhere and likes a good joke at your expense, i even forgive him for driving into the front of my car and scratching it.

I have managed to avoid all contact with my other halfs father though as he sounds like a complete jack *** from what i've heard.
Old 17 July 2009, 11:12 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Get on well too. But they do manage to irritate us a bit every now and again!

Slightly over money obsessed - lived in Guernsey for 5 years to be tax "efficient" - we hardly saw them. Now retired and spend most of the time on their yacht in the Med. They were in slight grandson denial for a while (bro in law also has a baby boy - 2 months older than ours) but seem a lot better.

Oh and quite happy to spend hours mowing/strimming our garden and tidying and cleaning our house - ideal!

Definitely a bit odd though - no social lives whatsoever. Just do stuff on their own all the time.
Old 17 July 2009, 11:15 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I actually quite like mine although they are certainly an eye opener to someone like me who had no prior knowledge of how the career unemployed actually live.

I used to refer to him as the real Les Batersby from coronation street.

They are nice enough people but only in small doses. When my wife had her appendix out at christmas there wasn't that buffer there between me and her parents. On day 3 I'd made the decision that I would go back to wales and pick her up once she was out. She didn't want to be left with them either so discharged herself and came with me.
Old 17 July 2009, 11:23 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Get on with mines really, really well. I simply couldn't stand it if I didn't get on with them tbh. That would be hell! Got a lot in common, they are great people and I like spending time with them
Old 17 July 2009, 11:29 AM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
her mum is a f*ckin fruitloop...she started a full on punch up with her sister (Mrs' aunt). Proper childish stuff too. She's also the type to get jealous of her kids, and has upset my Mrs on a few occasions with nasty vindictive comments. She's just a clueless dick 'ead Retarded at everything.
Like mother, like daughter!

This is your Mrs. in a few years time
Old 17 July 2009, 11:40 AM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

My inlaws are okay. My lady's parents divorced 10 years ago, so I have twice the manditory inlaw vists now. Have nothing in common with any of them, but nice enough.

My brother in laws are okay too, perhaps a little bit up themselves. They are both quite well educated and pompus, and tend to look down at me. Educated idiots as I refer to them, as they have nothing but arrogant opinions.

Had a bit of a fall out with my lady's family a few years ago though. I had a house party and her brothers invited a few of thier own friends. Wasnt happy about this, thought it wasa little cheeky. However, I went into my pool, and saw 4 blokes pi55ing around who I didnt know, telling them to stop, I was asked " Who the **** are you? ", in my own pool !!!

I lost my temper and threw everyone out of the pool, whilst hitting two of them, then went into the party and threw everyone else out. Her brothers got all arrogant on me, calling me a yob, so I threatened them with a bottle whilst physically kicking him out too, : -) As you do ! :-)

Took 5 years for her family to talk to me again ! hahahaah

Inlaws, always seem to demand more than your own famly.

SBK
Old 17 July 2009, 11:46 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spooky Mulder
Like mother, like daughter!

This is your Mrs. in a few years time
Bollocks, my Mrs is totally different to her mum, thank ****. She will never turn out like her, and if she did, I'd assist in her "suicide".
Old 17 July 2009, 12:15 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine are great really, sometimes they dont say what they mean if they dont approve of something and wont get to the point, her dad can be hard work when he has had a drink sometimes but no real complaints.
Old 17 July 2009, 12:39 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
Slightly over money obsessed
For you to think that, I'd suggest they are a bit more than slightly obsessed
Old 17 July 2009, 12:48 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davyboy
For you to think that, I'd suggest they are a bit more than slightly obsessed
Your assumption is correct.
Mind you it's worked for them.

They've recently bought....

....only joking...
Old 17 July 2009, 02:31 PM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

Avoid mine like the plague. Me and mrs chop have an arrangement when she has family stuff to do she does it and vice versa.

Works really well, I can't be arsed with her family so don't expect her to be with mine. We have no kids so that makes it easier.

Her family aren't delighted that they hardly ever see me, and they only live 2 miles away

Chop
Old 17 July 2009, 02:32 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

I'm lucky I get on well with all her family go to watch forest with her step dad and brother in law. Her step dad is into his gadgets So we talk about that.

But when we younger and used to go round hers he used to be a right tw@t for no reason.

We get married in 10weeks
Old 17 July 2009, 03:03 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

I get on great with my in-laws, they're 75 and 73 but her dad still looks and acts like he's under 60.

Her dad picks our children up and looks after them Monday - Wednesday afternoon and our kids absolutely adore them.

Her mum can be a bit too much at times but she's got a heart of gold and will do anything for you.

I'm a north-eastern lad living in Liverpool so my in-laws are also scousers and I'm now an honoury one, having just bought my 2 boys their first Liverpool kits, I just couldn't bring myself to inflict upon them a life of misery supporting Newcastle
Old 17 July 2009, 04:26 PM
Will
BANNED

I got on ok with my ex gf's father but hated her mother!!! A top class ****,

nosey and misrable. She always said 'you dont make my daughter happy' Which

she caught me on a bad day once when she got 'You obviously have not seen

her when im banging her every night' as a reply.
Old 17 July 2009, 04:47 PM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

Mine are nice, decent folk, but are just watching life pass them by and I have very little in common with them. They're well off but tight as hell when it comes to having fun, they haven't been abroad or for that matter on a UK holiday since their children left home 20 years ago. They're old now (she's 70, he's 80-odd) and just do the same dull on things they did when I first met them 12 years ago. I think they are more glad than we are that we had two kids (now 1 & 3), so that meant we (foolishly?) moved back closer to their part of the world to facilitate babysitting duties and are now living only about 10 miles away, when we had been 125 miles away.

Trouble is they're pretty useless at babysitting, so we scored a bit of an own-goal there.

Oh well at least we'll be in for 50% of their big house when the Grim Reaper comes a'calling!
Old 17 July 2009, 05:01 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Get on fine with mine .Although they are 100 miles away from us .
Dont see much of them ,they are divorced but when we do get up to the lakes to visit we see both of them .
Her mother comes down for a few weeks at Xmas and during school hols in summer .
Probably havent seen them enough too fall out I suppose .
Old 17 July 2009, 09:03 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Sadly my wifes father died before we got married just as I was getting to know him. My mother in law is still around I get along well with her, we have been on holiday with her a couple of times and she comes to stay with us every couple of months. She talks a lot, but I put this down to her living alone. She is a real good laugh when she gets onto her second glass of wine / champagne.
Old 17 July 2009, 10:09 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Her Father = fine, can not fault the bloke, he is a good chap
Her Fathers side of the family = all spot on

Her Mother = Was a dick to me when i first got with her, calling me names tried to ban me from her street banned me from her house i passed a message on that if she wants to be a dick, then i will never meet her, and 8 years on, i still have not met the stupid bitch, what is even more sweet, is that a few years back she decided that she would visit the her daughters home (missus moved in with me) how smug did i feel when i banned her mother from our home, what a result!

Her Mothers side of the family - i have not met due to wanting to burn her mother on a stake

Best part of it all is that her fathers side of the family seams to respect my decision

I have been told i can be quite stubborn

Last edited by StickyMicky; 17 July 2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old 17 July 2009, 10:25 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
Her Father = fine, can not fault the bloke, he is a good chap
Her Fathers side of the family = all spot on

Her Mother = Was a dick to me when i first got with her, calling me names tried to ban me from her street banned me from her house i passed a message on that if she wants to be a dick, then i will never meet her, and 8 years on, i still have not met the stupid bitch, what is even more sweet, is that a few years back she decided that she would visit the her daughters home (missus moved in with me) how smug did i feel when i banned her mother from our home, what a result!

Her Mothers side of the family - i have not met due to wanting to burn her mother on a stake

Best part of it all is that her fathers side of the family seams to respect my decision

I have been told i can be quite stubborn
Not just me then. I've said to the Mrs that if her mother came round here and apologised for what she did, then all would be well and I'd pass the time of day with her. But oh no, she wants me to drive to her house so she can do it. Bollocks to that, her husband (Nat's dad) drives and works round the corner from me... making a stand
Old 17 July 2009, 10:30 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Iv no idea , ill meet them someday i guess ( the one remaining anyway)