Search this Thread

Old 11 July 2009, 02:56 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Your opinion - Judge, Jury & Executioner

'Pupil murder bid' teacher held

Jack remains in a serious condition in Nottingham's Queen's Medical Centre
A science teacher has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder after a boy of 14 and two other pupils were hurt at a Nottinghamshire school.
Pupil Jack Waterhouse is said to be in a serious condition in hospital following the incident at All Saints' Roman Catholic School in Mansfield.
Science teacher Peter Harvey, 49, is being held in police custody.
Old 11 July 2009, 07:14 AM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

The teacher has done what many would like to do with a cheeky little ****** who knows he can push most teachers without them being able to respond. Ok maybe he went too far but given his circumstances he simply lost it.

There is no way i could be a teacher, five minutes in a class of gobby know it all's and it would be crash bang wallop and game over.

I have a lot of respect for teachers, especially in secondary schools where your average 14yr old seems to think he's Mr Big *****.

As for the teacher in question i don't think he should be jailed, sacked definately, then sent for medical help and psychiatric evaluation.

Th student will no doubt make a full recovery and continue through life being a gobby little tw*t and contributing very little to society.

Nik.

Last edited by nik52wrx; 11 July 2009 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11 July 2009, 08:35 AM
Jer
Scooby Regular

They should put photos of the boy in every classroom in the UK.
Old 11 July 2009, 08:47 AM
tanyatriangles
Scooby Regular

Not my opinion, but what I THINK will happen:

Teacher WILL do some jail time, (may not be charged with murder, but something serious, plus abuse of a postion of trust).

Will be let out early on license

However, the GCT will strike him off for un-professional conduct, and IIRC that means he loses his pension
Old 11 July 2009, 09:31 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jer
They should put photos of the boy in every classroom in the UK.

Warning against the dangers of plugging your fingers into the mains sockets i reckon, kid looks like he has been playing with metal objects

Maybe the teacher was trying to flatten his ridicules haircut.
Old 11 July 2009, 09:39 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

in no way an i condoning the boy's behaviour, I bet he is a chavy, gobby sh1tbag and has been due a "beating" for a while

but, this teacher does seem to have been like a loaded gun about to go off

i,m not sure I would want my children in his classroom

with hindsight i don't think he should have been in a classroom - full stop
Old 11 July 2009, 10:31 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

CID/CPS must be clutching at straws of what probably should be an assault charge.

IMO (of course)

The lack of background information seems overwhelming; Considering this is a school and involving a teacher, there are plenty of local people and pupils who would know of that person and be able to speak out against him or in his defence .

Trending Topics

Old 11 July 2009, 10:46 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I view of his previous problems, the ill mannered taunting by a 14 year old who certainly would know right from wrong caused him to lose control just at that particular moment and he would not have been in full control of his actions.

The boy and his parents should bear a large part of the blame for what happened.

Les
Old 11 July 2009, 10:49 AM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Stupid to charge him with that if he is mentally ill ?

dunx
Old 11 July 2009, 10:53 AM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

Which is exactly why an attempted murder charge won't stand up in court. You could argue that the system failed him by allowing him back in the classroom when he clearly wasn't ready.

Originally Posted by dunx
Stupid to charge him with that if he is mentally ill ?

dunx
Old 11 July 2009, 11:00 AM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

I hope he doesn't get sent down as I doubt he'd cope inside. I'd put forward a case of deminished responsibilty.
Old 11 July 2009, 11:44 AM
Neoscooby
Scooby Regular

I'd agree it shouldn't have got to this stage. Firstly the teacher, who had recently had a stroke and was suffering from mental issues, ought not to have been in a class room. But, the children shouldn't be allowed to speak to teachers, in fact any adult, the way they were. I believe the girl who started it ripped up a text book and then told him to **** off, and then when he kicked her bag she fled. Now personally I reckon a 'clip round the ear' or at least some form of discipline at an earlier age would have meant this situation wouldn't have arisen in the first place, as the girl and other pupils would realise their actions have consequences
Old 11 July 2009, 04:43 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
CID/CPS must be clutching at straws of what probably should be an assault charge.

IMO (of course)

The lack of background information seems overwhelming; Considering this is a school and involving a teacher, there are plenty of local people and pupils who would know of that person and be able to speak out against him or in his defence .
CID have got loads of info. However the press are only presenting one side of events. After all, they only want to sell newspapers, they don't care about the background. I doubt there would be much sympathy if the headline was "Teacher lamps little **** who deserved it".

The first cop on scene actually thought the kid was dead due to him not moving and the amount of claret that was surrounding him.

There are a lot of pupils who have spoken out with nothing but praise for the teacher and have, at the same time, spoken out about how much of a **** the kid is.

There are actually a lot of people who want the kid to kick the bucket, so the charge is dropped to a lower charge of manslaughter brought on by the kid himself and the failure of the school to support it's own staff and it's ridiculous policy of putting a teacher in the same class who originally gave him the stress induced stroke.

The teacher hasn't taken this well at all. He has told cops and detention officers that he is scared to be in a room with other people, even the cops and detention officers, in case he loses the plot again.

If I was judge, jury and executioner...

- The kid would be banged up, if he recovers, just to teach others a lesson. Scum only attracts scum, just like flys around ****.

The teacher - send him to Rampton psychiatric prison as he needs time to recover.
Old 12 July 2009, 10:58 AM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

scummy wee ****** got what he deserved. cps will never get a murder charge to stick given the teachers mental condition. hopefully the wee bastid is mentally scarred for life and has recurring nightmares, ends up a junkie and tops himself I ******* hate scummy unruly kids, thinking they are tough, beat the **** out of them, ask questions later.
Old 13 July 2009, 05:06 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

Bigsinky for PM

You get my vote at least.
Old 13 July 2009, 05:29 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Be nice to know the facts ...............
Old 13 July 2009, 06:45 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Even if the kid was a ****** a gown adult should be able to deal witht he situation much better than this crazy person did. As much as I hate gobby kids I don't think the 2kg weight to the head is a dicipline tool with a future.
Old 13 July 2009, 09:12 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I agree.... it should of been a 5kg weight
Old 13 July 2009, 09:15 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2
I agree.... it should of been a 5kg weight
Old 13 July 2009, 10:02 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

There seems to be a lot of keyboard warrior statements here, personally I wouldn't want to give an opinion until I saw all the facts instead of media clap trap.
Old 13 July 2009, 10:40 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

Attempted murder is not the solution for a disagreement with a student. Illness or not the guy should be locked up.
Old 13 July 2009, 10:54 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

i find it quite odd that the teacher is getting sympathy here. since when is it ok for an adult to smash the head in of a 14yr old who upset him. there always has been cheeky mouthy kids, they do not deserve to have their heads smashed in though do they, anyone who thinks they do needs to get help themselves...... remember that every murderer, to a degree, has mental issues, it's not an excuse.
Old 13 July 2009, 10:55 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

That may be the case but if you go poking a lion with a stick then expect the consequences
Old 13 July 2009, 11:09 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

+1
Old 13 July 2009, 11:54 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gallois
i find it quite odd that the teacher is getting sympathy here. since when is it ok for an adult to smash the head in of a 14yr old who upset him. there always has been cheeky mouthy kids, they do not deserve to have their heads smashed in though do they, anyone who thinks they do needs to get help themselves...... remember that every murderer, to a degree, has mental issues, it's not an excuse.
I agree with your opening sentence, maybe 10 years ago the majority would have agreed with you but I think most decent people have just about had enough of the unruly feral and antisocial behaviour that is common place in British society today, especially amongst the 12-25 age group.

It goes un punished day in day out, backed by **** parenting, a **** judicial system, police having their hands tied with the mountains of red tape (no more slaps in the back of a Black mariah), schools having no power to dish out the appropriate punishments (no more cane or size ten gym shoes across the ****) and if and when it does escalate to court they know they will get a slap on the wrists (or if really lucky an all expenses paid skiing holiday / safari etc) so they just laugh in the face of authority, christ you murder someone these days and you'll be out in 7

So along with most of the posters my sympathy lies with the teacher, respect costs nothing, a lot of kids today do not know the meaning of the word and are not likely whilst we live in this **** wiping namby pamby state.

Last edited by Funkii Munkii; 14 July 2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old 13 July 2009, 11:56 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

I worked in a tough comprehensive school for nearly seven years, not as a teacher but as technical support and I can testify to the kind of emotional and physical abuse that adults get in that environment and the serious deep-seated anxiety and stress it engenders. Mental health is fragile and it seems that this teacher was not properly supported. I was involved in a number of situations where so-called "children" would spit upon you, call you a "paedo", knock equipment out of your hands and laugh, confident in the knowledge that there was absolutely ****-all you could do about it.

I got out of the situation. I resigned without the safety net of a job to go to.
Old 14 July 2009, 12:59 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Alot of people I know have said I should have gone into teaching. My response was always "f**k that". There is no way in hell I would do it, not even at college/uni level.

I do hold admiration for the people who do hold down a teaching job and have the integrity to not allow themselves to be walked over; Although that is appreciably difficult in this day and age. And I do have concerns that these qualities maybe lost on the newer generation of teachers.