Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

had a crash, got a question.

Search this Thread

Old 02 July 2009, 12:51 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default had a crash, got a question.

I had a crash this morning on a juction to a road heading to work, (my route is marked in red) I had just slowed down for the junction of the road I was joining, once I had joined it, I then started to accelerate to make my manouver, my indicator was on and just after I had started to turn a vehicle appeared in front of me (marked in blue) I cant remember how fast I was going, I just remember he was going quite quick.

The front of my car has been bent right in, and the corner of his vehicle has been damaged. now the question I am wanting to know is this, just after I had the accident my car was blocking the road so I moved it to the side of the road, I then sat and waited for the ambulance as the other guy had rang EVERYONE!! anyway the ambulance arrived and they decided it looked as though I had broken my collarbone or something? I hadn't as it happened I just had whiplash luckily. so they put me in the ambulance and carted me off, I never spoke to a police person at the scene. I got a visit in the A&E dept 3 hours later from a police man who gave me a breath test which was a zero result, they asked me briefly what had happened took my name and address and left.

my father went to the scene of the accident a few minutes after I had left, where a traffic officer told my father I was going fast because of the length of the skid marks, however this is a bad piece of road and there is always accidents there, how can they say that these were my skid marks as I had moved my car so there was no way for them to say so for definate. so can I be prosecuted for speeding if they deem I was speeding from these skid marks? can they do anything??? I am confused, as I was not cautioned and no one has really said anything???

Old 02 July 2009, 12:56 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

skids marks break down pretty quick on roads so they'll have been fresh at the time, and yes they can be used as evidence if they can prove there yours, which if they took samples of the rubber from the skid mark is pretty easy to compare to your car tyres
Old 02 July 2009, 01:37 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Bad news mate, sorry to hear about that .

But are you asking us if you can be done for something you think you were doing ? It just sounds like it thats all from the tone of the post ?

I put it down to the shock you are still in
Old 02 July 2009, 01:44 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Bad luck, hope it gets sorted without you getting done for speeding or 'owt!
Old 02 July 2009, 01:57 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

just wondering if I can get done for speeding based on the information above? after a thread on pepipoo it seems doubtful but they may go for dangerous driving? I have since checked and that piece of road is a national speed limit.
Old 02 July 2009, 02:02 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shaggy1973
just wondering if I can get done for speeding based on the information above? after a thread on pepipoo it seems doubtful but they may go for dangerous driving? I have since checked and that piece of road is a national speed limit.
Sounds like you may be alright then, depending on the accounts of other witnesses etc. I imagine it would be too difficult to secure a prosecution against you for speeding without some decent evidence, then again I dn't know what they call decent evidence nowadays, as in the past it seems that just driving a Subaru was enough for the magistrates
Old 02 July 2009, 02:11 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

I was in my parents clio as my tax had ran out the day before on my car, and there were no other witnesses. I actually know the bloke I hit and he was quite vocal in blaming me at the side of the road, I didn't enter into it with him.

Trending Topics

Old 02 July 2009, 02:14 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shaggy1973
I was in my parents clio as my tax had ran out the day before on my car, and there were no other witnesses. I actually know the bloke I hit and he was quite vocal in blaming me at the side of the road, I didn't enter into it with him.
I reckon they'll probably let it go to the insurers to sort out then. But they might try throwing some remarks your way to try and trip you up/incriminate yourself, it doesn't sound like you were trying to break the sound barrier anyway.

Fingers crossed for ya!
Old 02 July 2009, 02:23 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you're ok mate.

Your position presumably is that he cut out with no room for you to stop (from something sugnificantly less than 60 mph), as he wasn't paying attention. If the police interview you (which they might) that's probably the story to stick to. Point out that you couldn't have been going that fast as it was a clio and you'd only just joined the road.

His will be that he thought it was safe to proceed and you should have been able to stop.

Unlikely you'll be done for speeding as the police unlikely to conduct a forensic examination of the scene as no one seriously injured or killed.

Last edited by Devildog; 02 July 2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02 July 2009, 02:35 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Both of you should be to blame judging by the weaving of both cars up until the accident!
Old 02 July 2009, 02:57 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

lol @ spoon.

Cheers DD
Old 02 July 2009, 03:10 PM
Crooked
BANNED

Crash Wash Green |derbyshire|thisisderbyshire

Looks like your famous .Hope your ok mate
Old 02 July 2009, 03:25 PM
JRFRACE
Scooby Regular

I'd imagine it'll just go through the insurers, let them deal with it, when i had one they gave me the address of the legal people that they used and just told me to send anything i got to them without responding to it, sure enough i did get stuff from the other parties and their insurance and when i read it i was ****** off with what they were saying about my driving, but sent it away as instructed and it was all sorted out, took a hit on the insurance premium but such is life
Old 02 July 2009, 03:53 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Hello matey, glad you are OK, rest that neck of yours!

Did you hit the back of the other car, you said corner i am assuming you mean thr rear corner?

Likely to be classed as a rear ender if so (IMHO) and likley to go agianst you (I'm afraid) best case is 'knock for knock'

Do not admit liability to 3rd party ins, your ins or on here!

Any mention of your speed on here is also a no, no!
Old 02 July 2009, 03:59 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If prosecuted at all for anything, it would be careless driving.
If I read your first post correctly, you've indicated right to go into Oakenthorpe Road without giving way to traffic coming the other way?
Old 02 July 2009, 04:12 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

well when I indicated to make the turn there was no other vehicle in site, just as I started to move towards the centre of the road to go down oakerthorpe rd his car appeared at speed, obviously its a nsl so he could have been doing upto 60mph, plus he knows the road very well as he lives less than 500 metres away and knows there is a joining junction. id just slowed down to allow for the junction id left and the junction I was approaching. I hit his front os corner paul. thanks for your concern/reply after a look up on the junction there is excessive amounts of grit and gravel on the road which would explain the travel whilst skidding.
Old 02 July 2009, 06:11 PM
hannogo
Scooby Regular

Default your bump

sent you a msg have a look,might be able to offer some advice
Old 02 July 2009, 07:01 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

^^^^ If you can't help will it be known as hannogo?
Old 02 July 2009, 07:25 PM
Simon 69
Scooby Regular

He shouldnt have been travelling at anything near to 60mph approaching The Maltshovel. The whole of the top of Wash Green is tight enough but the blind corner where this happened shouldnt be navigated at a speed from which you cant stop: 30mph at the most. What a tool.