Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Vodafone Trying It On!

Search this Thread

Old 25 June 2009, 06:05 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Angry Vodafone Trying It On!

Does anyone here have a contract with Vodafone?

I signed up for a 24 month contract at £25. It was listed as £25 on their website where it states "Monthly charges shown include VAT at 17.5%. Don't worry - we'll reduce the VAT on your monthly bill to 15%, for as long as this rate remains."

Now my first bill was a little higher than expected, but they made it clear that they had to charge for the time I was using it before the official month had started, which was fine.

This month I have looked at the bill to find that the total is £25, and they have then stuck VAT on top of that! I just phoned them and have spoken to a complete muppet(barely understands the English language) who tells me that the £25 includes VAT, so the VAT is then added on to the £25. I have tried explaining to her that to 'include' means that the overall total per month comes to £25...with the VAT INCLUDED in that price, but obviously it's not on her sheet of automatic answers.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any opinions?

Last edited by GlesgaKiss; 25 June 2009 at 06:06 PM.
Old 25 June 2009, 07:08 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
Does anyone here have a contract with Vodafone?

I signed up for a 24 month contract at £25. It was listed as £25 on their website where it states "Monthly charges shown include VAT at 17.5%. Don't worry - we'll reduce the VAT on your monthly bill to 15%, for as long as this rate remains."

Now my first bill was a little higher than expected, but they made it clear that they had to charge for the time I was using it before the official month had started, which was fine.

This month I have looked at the bill to find that the total is £25, and they have then stuck VAT on top of that! I just phoned them and have spoken to a complete muppet(barely understands the English language) who tells me that the £25 includes VAT, so the VAT is then added on to the £25. I have tried explaining to her that to 'include' means that the overall total per month comes to £25...with the VAT INCLUDED in that price, but obviously it's not on her sheet of automatic answers.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any opinions?
I've just renewed my 2 tariffs with Vodafone, but knocked the bills down from £55 p/m to £25 p/m. Gone onto 2 sim only deals, so me and the Mrs keep our phones. I'm on another 12 month sim only deal and get unlimited text/600 mins for £14.49 a month. Shes on a rolling 30 day contract and gets 100mins/500texts a month. Was a bit of a pain on the phone sorting it out, but if you ring the cancellations department, it's suprising how many eengleesh folk work in them.

Certainly the best phone company I've used, and been on them for 6 years.
Old 25 June 2009, 07:20 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I have had the opposite with Orange today. Phoned up Premier to say I was out of the country for a few weeks and wanted to check roaming was all ok...

She looked at the account, and decided because I had been tranferred to Premier and not got straight through, she wanted to refund 5 months of payments for that service.
I agree that I should be getting straight through to them, but was not gonna make a fuss.

I really do have to start remembering what phone I am using with which contract... I have mixed them up far too much.

Back to the OP though.. that does suck. I hate being cheated like that! And ever worse when you just want to speak to someone about it, and all you get is someone who dont have a clue what you are talking about.
Old 25 June 2009, 07:56 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the replies.

That's it sorted now: after what must have been over an hour on the phone to customer services. It turns out they hadn't just added the tax on to £25 with the "£25 a month" contract. The person in sales who delt with my order actually put me down for £30 a month with the 600 minutes and unlimited texts, even though they had a deal going at that time where you got that for £25!

I have been through about 3 different people in customer service who all said nothing could be done about it...the deal I signed up for was what I had to pay. I managed to get the message accross to the last lady I spoke to(who was excellent). Why should I pay £30 a month for those minutes and texts when there was a deal running when I started my contract to get that for £25??

They have now credited me with the few months extra that they have charged me and assured me that I will be paying £25 including VAT every month from now on.

Chancers!

Last edited by GlesgaKiss; 25 June 2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 25 June 2009, 07:58 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Well done getting to the bottom of that.
Keep an eye on your bill. I have been told a few times that something is sorted and it turns out its not.
Old 25 June 2009, 08:05 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Yes, I've seen that happen before. I will be watching.
Old 25 June 2009, 08:12 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

lol good stuff.
Some customer service people know what they are doing, others are just good at sounding like they do.

I have raised the same minor issue 4 times before, and each person says the last was wrong and THEY have sorted it.... To date, NONE have lol
Old 25 June 2009, 09:30 PM
borderlinechris
Scooby Regular

vodafone is the first and last contract fone i will ever have. thank god my contract runs out in september...
Old 25 June 2009, 09:42 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Ive just terminated with voda today

My new contract with them starts tommorow

They kept fobbing me off all week with deals being unavailable, and not knowing what they could offer until a certain day..

so i got the contract i wanted, with a port from my other phone, and then phoned to cancel

they didnt bat an eyelid..

Mart
Old 26 June 2009, 07:00 PM
p@ul
Scooby Regular

Did more or less the same as you mate yesterday, i had spent over a week asking for an upgrade and got told to ring back yesterday,which i did then told i couldnt have the phone i wanted for free on the contract i was on so i gave them 8 different alternatives with orange o2 and t mobile,they still couldnt get close so asked for my pak code!
they said no problem but im just under 2 months left on my existing contract and would have to pay this and a small cancellation fee,again no probs i said so that was that!
Then got the text today saying i would get a call giving me my pak and thanks for my custom etc
Got the call 2 hours later and guess what i get more than i asked for in the first place
Old 28 June 2009, 10:47 PM
WRXBOB
Scooby Regular

Just got another new contract phone for my daughter who wanted a Nokia 5800 . . . .
Free phone, 400 mins and unlimited texts on an 18 month orange Dolphin 30 contract. The Dolphin 30 should be £30 normally but there is an Orange promotion on knocking £10 off that making it £20 per month. Then the 3rd party dealer I've gone through is doing an Automated £90 cashback after 14 days . . . no sending bills off rubbish, its paid direct into your bank account after 14days!( and I've done this before so know its legit) That means its costing £15 per month over the 18 month contract. Result!