Seven Claims/Marketing - bank charge recovery company

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2009, 01:43 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Seven Claims/Marketing - bank charge recovery company

Anyone have any experience or knowledge of this organisation? Seven Claims

Received a cold call on my mobile from these people who claim that I can get credit card and loans written off under some regulation loophole. They require an up front payment of £199.99 to process your "claim".

They virtually guarantee they can get credit cards debts reduced to zero and possibly some loans written off.

Sounds to good to be true, but they are regulated by the Ministry of Justice and the OFT.

I'm assuming it is too good to be true, although I haven't found any complaints etc online.

Not too happy about my mobile number being sold on though. I virtually never give it out.

If nothing else, this should be a heads up for people so they can tell them to get lost.
Old 08 June 2009, 01:48 PM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

tell them to get lost
Old 08 June 2009, 02:14 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

2 words.....berth wide {rearrange to suit}

Most things like that are usually too good to be true, if they are that good why not just charge you a fee after they have done it ;-)
Old 08 June 2009, 02:54 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

all this came about after a married couple defended a claim from various credit card companies, after discovering a "loophole"

often the trick also it relies on the fact that alot of loan co's (bank etc) loose or mislay the original loan application (with your signature on) -- this came about when someone was being sued, he asked the bank for a copy of his original loan docs -- which they sent, he then managed to dig his out, and discovered that the bank had simply made a new one out coz they couldn,t find the original -- the Judge took a pretty dim view of the Banks behaviour and threw the claim out, in favour of the debtor
Old 08 June 2009, 05:34 PM
ChrisB

Do you see anything similar between these websites?

Blue Sky Financial Claims
Seven Claims
Mis sold PPI | Payment Protection Insurance | Hargreaves and Co Financial Claims
Saxon Financial Solutions
UK Bank Claim

Hmmm!
Old 08 June 2009, 06:05 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

clones!!!!
Old 08 June 2009, 06:26 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
all this came about after a married couple defended a claim from various credit card companies, after discovering a "loophole"

often the trick also it relies on the fact that alot of loan co's (bank etc) loose or mislay the original loan application (with your signature on) -- this came about when someone was being sued, he asked the bank for a copy of his original loan docs -- which they sent, he then managed to dig his out, and discovered that the bank had simply made a new one out coz they couldn't find the original -- the Judge took a pretty dim view of the Banks behaviour and threw the claim out, in favour of the debtor
What he said.

Pre 2006 (the law has changed now) banks needed a Consumer Credit Agreement as required by the Consumer Credit Act, if they couldn't/can not supply the original of this, then the Bank enter default. What happens then is the data subject of said bank make a Statutory Notice pursuant to Sections 10 and 12 of The Data Protection Act 1998, this forbids a lender, supplier or acting agent to collate, process or distribute any information regarding the data subject as there is no express written permission from the data subject.

This basically means they can not enforce the debt, even in court and are not allowed to write information to your credit file or even hold personal information on there own systems, thus zeroing your account.

In real life, it can take years to push through and in the mean time trashing your credit file.

Last edited by Dedrater; 08 June 2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09 June 2009, 08:30 PM
DONT USE SEVEN CLAIMS
Scooby Newbie

WHAT EVER YOU DO, DO NOT PAY THEM ANY MONEY THEY ARE A SCAM AND YES THEY GOT ME AND I'M STRUGGLING TO GET MY MONEY BACK. TELL EVEYONE YOU KNOW AND LETS GET THEM SHUT DOWN.
Old 10 June 2009, 02:51 PM
Ajaxa
Scooby Newbie

I did the same mistake......£199.99 upfront! What was I thinking!!! Now I'm trying to get my money back. I'll keep you posted on my progress....
Old 10 June 2009, 07:03 PM
DONT USE SEVEN CLAIMS
Scooby Newbie

I'm sorry they got you aswell although I feel slightly better knowing I'm not the only daft one, I'd be interested to see if anyone else has been done.
Old 11 June 2009, 08:36 AM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Why pay a company to do something that can be done for free?
Old 11 June 2009, 08:56 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

They were on watchdog or something similar a couple of weeks ago - turns out its a sort of scam, they 'may' be able to save 'some' customers money, but in most cases cant.

If they were completely legit, you could tell them you arent paying anything up front, and they can take their fee out of the money they save you.
Old 11 June 2009, 01:13 PM
Nick36a
Scooby Newbie

I got done as well...can't believe i fell for it...am really annoyed with myself...am trying to get money back which is proving difficult...has anyone got their money back yet?
Old 11 June 2009, 10:56 PM
Ajaxa
Scooby Newbie

Not yet, waiting for a reply.....they should refund you if you asked for it during the 14-day cooling off period - by law! If not, turn to Ministry of Justice.
Old 12 June 2009, 08:43 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Typical scam that works off peoples greed - if you have borrowed money from somewhere, then pay it back - dont expect to be able to use some dodgy loophole to be able to get out of your responsibilities.

Sorry to sound harsh to people who have been caught out by this, but if you hadn't sent them any money thinking 'I'm going to scam the bank / credit card lender' then you wouldn't be in this position.
Old 12 June 2009, 09:12 AM
Nick36a
Scooby Newbie

Ok, after half the day spent on the phone, i spoke to Laura, the 'refund manager' and i hopefully have a cheque in the post today...don't know why they just couldn't put it back on my card. (some fraud issue apparently)..will let you know whether i have received it by Monday...if not i am back on the phone again...if no-one is getting anywhere...ring the customer service number which is 01792656750 and ask them to go upstairs to get Laura...

Last edited by Nick36a; 12 June 2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12 June 2009, 09:35 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

you can't con an honest man, I think is the phrase
Old 12 June 2009, 09:43 AM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

cheques in the post...heard that before but I hope you get it.
Old 16 June 2009, 12:58 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Information for anyone who has given this organisation their money.

If you have changed your mind within 14 days of giving Seven Claims (or Seven Marketing) your money, as a result of a cold call, follow the procedure below to get your money back.

As mentioned before, phone 01792 656752 and ask to speak to the Refund Manager, Laura and say you have changed your mind and want to cancel.

She will instruct you send the "pack" back to them. Ensure you send this recorded delivery as soon as possible.

Check with the Post Office website here http://track.postoffice.co.uk/portal...catId=20700386 for when it is delivered.

Once the returned pack has been delivered, phone 01792 656752 again and ask to speak to the Refund Manager, Laura and say you want your refund cheque.

She will claim they haven't had your pack back yet. Quote the recorded delivery tracking number and it will suddenly appear on her system. She actually goes to the above Post Office page and checks, so make sure you have the tracking number handy when you call.

She will then tell you that a cheque will be issued 14 days after the pack was received by them.

Make sure you phone them again on the day the cheque is supposed to be sent to make sure that it has been sent.

As soon as you have the cheque, pay it into the bank immediately.

Apparently, according to Laura, you have agreed to their "terms and conditions" before you have even been sent the pack of information with the terms and conditions in it, ie over the phone when you recieve the call.

It also appears they could well make a significant amount of money in interest alone on refunds. They aren't the easiest of companies to deal with either. This may be deliberate or not but, either way, many people will probably right off the £200 to experience and give up trying to get it back. Even if you get you moeny back, they have had it for over 14 days earning interest on it.

Points to note:

1. When ringing the above number, do not bother leaving a message if you get the answer phone. They rarely, if ever, ring you back. Hang up and keep dialing until someone answers.

2. You will often get told that Laura is out of the office. Tell them you will wait on hold until she is back in.

3. Register with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) here TPS Registration to prevent any future cold calls. It takes 28 days from registering for you to be on the list. If you get a cold call after that 28 days, tell the cold caller you are registered with them and that if they ring again you will report them. Insist they delete your details from their records.

4. Personally, I never answer my mobile if I don't know who is calling. If it is someone genuine they will leave a message.

I would also recommending contacting the following organisations if you are unhappty about this company (for starters):

Ministry of Justice:
CMR: Claims Management Regulation
Home - Ministry of Justice

Claims Standards Council:
CSC :: Home

Last edited by Jerome; 16 June 2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 16 June 2009, 06:49 PM
DONT USE SEVEN CLAIMS
Scooby Newbie

All the points you have put seem really good thanks for taking the time.
Old 19 June 2009, 07:31 PM
Boboo
Scooby Newbie

Default claimed

I was just showing a friend 7 claims because they wanted to know how to claim as i have successfully gotten money back from my lenders through 7 claims, and came across this site.

I find it very sad that you will only find negative feedback as people like myself who have claimed through their legal process will never log a message on a forum.

I was suspicious at first but after checking with the Ministry of Justice web site and seen that they ARE regulated by the government, i felt that I should take the risk as the banks have been ripping us off for years with bank charges and huge payouts to directors and chairmen (RBS! Gits!) I knew that the process would take some time because solicitors get involved but I unexpectedly received a Cheque within a few months.

I have recommended my friend and he is now in the process of claiming back what is rightfully his!

Please if anyone else has had the same experience as me it is sometimes nice to hear positive not always negative.
Old 19 June 2009, 07:36 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

I would bet my life savings that you work for the company in question.
Old 19 June 2009, 07:46 PM
Devon_Bowman
Scooby Newbie

If something looks too good to be true..... you can bet your **** that it is.....

SM
Old 19 June 2009, 08:35 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

If anyone has paid £200 to this company, be advised it is unlikey you will easily get a refund. This is where I can help.

Please send £250 to my paypal account and one of my highly trained personal debt negotiation consultants will act on your behalf.

wipeyoureyedebtrecovery@hugefrigginscam.co.uk
Old 22 June 2009, 09:12 PM
DONT USE SEVEN CLAIMS
Scooby Newbie

BE UNDER NO ILLUSION AS SOMEONE HAS ALREADY SAID BOBOO PROBABLY WORKS FOR THEM THIS IS 100% A RIP OFF AND IF YOU LOOK AT THE POSTS ABOVE THEY ARE ALSO TRADING IN OTHER NAMES BE CAREFULL AND DONT FALL FOR IT WHEN YOU ARE ON THE PHONE TO THEM THEY SEEM TO HAVE AN ANSWER TO EVERYTHING TO GET YOUR HARD EARNED £200. DON'T GIVE IT TO THEM OR YOU WILL NEVER SEE IT AGAIN!!!!!!
ON THE BRIGHT SIDE IT WAS AN EXPENSIVE LESSON.
Old 22 June 2009, 09:34 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

got to say this a fool and his money are easily parted .. if you borrowed the money pay it back SIMPLE , crooks ,company directors,etc who default creditors and people who default loand and credit cards etc . why do you thing its so expensive to borrow money or buy things from a club book or credit card because of all the people who wriggle out of paying . bit like the road tax and council tax if we all payed the amount would be a lot less . i have done the research on the net heres a example for ya all to think about . my council tax is 138quid a month . if you devide devon county councils total budget by the total number of people over 18 working or not it is roughly 123quid each per year not per month school for thought REMEMBER YOU ARE PAYING FOR THE PASSENGERS ON THE PLATFORM OF LIFE rant over
Old 22 June 2009, 10:40 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madscoob
......bit like the road tax and council tax if we all payed the amount would be a lot less . i have done the research on the net heres a example for ya all to think about . my council tax is 138quid a month . if you devide devon county councils total budget by the total number of people over 18 working or not it is roughly 123quid each per year not per month school for thought

Fail of the highest order.
Old 23 June 2009, 04:40 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Boboo
I was just showing a friend 7 claims because they wanted to know how to claim as i have successfully gotten money back from my lenders through 7 claims, and came across this site.

I find it very sad that you will only find negative feedback as people like myself who have claimed through their legal process will never log a message on a forum.

I was suspicious at first but after checking with the Ministry of Justice web site and seen that they ARE regulated by the government, i felt that I should take the risk as the banks have been ripping us off for years with bank charges and huge payouts to directors and chairmen (RBS! Gits!) I knew that the process would take some time because solicitors get involved but I unexpectedly received a Cheque within a few months.

I have recommended my friend and he is now in the process of claiming back what is rightfully his!

Please if anyone else has had the same experience as me it is sometimes nice to hear positive not always negative.
What a pathetic attempt at turning this thread into positive feedback for a bunch of scammers.

Is your name Laura by any chance...?
Old 23 June 2009, 10:05 PM
Robbie200
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tarmac terror
Please send £250 to my paypal account and one of my highly trained personal debt negotiation consultants will act on your behalf.

wipeyoureyedebtrecovery@hugefrigginscam.co.uk

Tried this but the payment bounced back. Can you confirm the address is correct please?
Old 23 June 2009, 10:11 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Robbie200
Tried this but the payment bounced back. Can you confirm the address is correct please?
Please send £300 to my Paypal account and one of my highly trained e-mail consultants will check the address details for you

goodmoneyafterbad@revsretirementfund.con

Quick Reply: Seven Claims/Marketing - bank charge recovery company