Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Motorbike bashing thread

Search this Thread

Old 05 June 2009, 10:45 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Motorbike bashing thread

I'm not keen on bikes at the best of times, i think they are very dangerous although i secretly really want one but....

Today dropping my girlfriend into work. Traffic stopped at a school, two guys in motorbikes act the maggots and race up inbetween all the cars and didn't have time to react to a lolly pop man coming out onto the road (which is why all the cars had stopped) and nearly hit 2 small children as they raced past said lollypop man

If i had of been quick thinking i'd have taken the numberplates but i was too busy swearing and blinding at how stupid they were.

-to create a sense of ying to the bike worlds yang, when I got home i forgot to put the handbrake on and watched it roll away nearly hitting my neighbours car
Old 05 June 2009, 10:55 AM
Mogsi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamz3k

when I got home i forgot to put the handbrake on and watched it roll away nearly hitting my neighbours car
Good job 2 small children were not walking past at the time... feckin car drivers.......

You can't tar all bikers with the same brush, yes you get muppets on bikes but the same can be said for car drivers, cyclists, pedestrians etc etc.... Breathe and relax......
Old 05 June 2009, 11:08 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mogsi
Good job 2 small children were not walking past at the time... feckin car drivers.......

You can't tar all bikers with the same brush, yes you get muppets on bikes but the same can be said for car drivers, cyclists, pedestrians etc etc.... Breathe and relax......
Was i tarring them all with the same brush? I understand that idiots drive both thus why at the end i thought i'd tell you about my little accident.
Old 05 June 2009, 11:18 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

'tis silly season and the FWB are all out trying their best to effect Darwinism and donate their organs when the opertunity arises. (Admittedly my RD500 only ever sees sunny weather, but I don't ride it in aim to kill or turn myself in to a paraplegic).

Moped riders and Harleys (or "american style" ) still have some of the worst riders; whilst both never go that fast outright; They speed and dart about in urban traffic in the worst possible places and have blinkers so big they may as well spray their visor with black paint, filtering past slow traffic far to fast to react to a car turning right or chaging lane (or a door opening in stationary traffic).

It was only yesturday I stopped behind a bus that had pulled up looking to pull round but stopped due to on comming traffic: Nut job on a Moped decided to go around me (which if I hadn't have stopped I'd have side swipped him) then proceed to force an oncoming car to do and emergency stop, which it only just about manages. The rider with nowhere to go (car straight ahead, bus to the left, no room in between) ended up going on teh pavement round a mother and pushchair, back on the wrong side of the road and pulled out the junction on the end without looking.

Most moped and Harley riders forget they have 2ft of bike behind them, and forget that the 12ton truck they just pulled in front of which darting between lanes cannot stop anywhere near as quickly as they can.

Still not as bad as the cylclists "in the zone" I caught another one today pulling off the (blind - for me) driveway. Worst still, I think it was teh same guy as last time - you'd think they'd learn

Last edited by ALi-B; 05 June 2009 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05 June 2009, 12:35 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
(Admittedly my RD500 only ever sees sunny weather, but I don't ride it in aim to kill or turn myself in to a paraplegic)
You ride an 80's 2-smoke on skinny tyres and expect to survive?
Old 05 June 2009, 03:23 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Moped riders and Harleys (or "american style" ) still have some of the worst riders; whilst both never go that fast outright; They speed and dart about in urban traffic in the worst possible places and have blinkers so big they may as well spray their visor with black paint, filtering past slow traffic far to fast to react to a car turning right or chaging lane (or a door opening in stationary traffic).
What a stupendously lame statement. So 'all' moped and Harley riders fit the above statement as seen by Ali the B. It's stupid stereotypical blinkered views like this that will get two wheeled transport banned altogether. Sell your smelly 2'nd rate stroker (The RG was far superior to the underpowered Yam), stick to the cage and admit you never were a biker after all
Old 05 June 2009, 05:29 PM
nixxon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jye
What a stupendously lame statement. So 'all' moped and Harley riders fit the above statement as seen by Ali the B. It's stupid stereotypical blinkered views like this that will get two wheeled transport banned altogether. Sell your smelly 2'nd rate stroker (The RG was far superior to the underpowered Yam), stick to the cage and admit you never were a biker after all
Read what he says. Where does he say "all"?
"Moped and Harley riders have SOME of the...
Stay safe. Get your eyes tested!
Old 05 June 2009, 05:33 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Quite wrong to lump all bikers under the same complaining rant.

Its like anybody who does something bad or wrong in any particular circumstance. It is not necessarily down to the vehicle used but the people who actually did it.

The major danger of course in 'biking is always to the rider. It is up to him to ride in a sensible manner and also to act defensively. If he is a teararse with no care then his luck will eventually run out. That is down to him of course, just as in cars being driven by harebrained drivers who are in a position to wreak far more havoc anyway.

Try putting the blame in the right place and for the right reasons.

Les
Old 05 June 2009, 05:48 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Bikers? Their actions have resulted in the goriest RTC photos I've ever seen at Coroners Court.
Old 05 June 2009, 06:50 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Jye

still have some of the worst riders;
FAIL: Try again

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
You ride an 80's 2-smoke on skinny tyres and expect to survive?
I also have my Kwak H1 for when I'm really in a suicidal mood

Last edited by ALi-B; 05 June 2009 at 06:52 PM.
Old 05 June 2009, 07:00 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you`ll never understand until you become a proper biker
Old 05 June 2009, 07:32 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

This is the main reason why I'm still alive: Kawasaki H1 failed starting attempt

Old 05 June 2009, 07:38 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

Ha ha ha now thats funny !!!!!

takes me back a few,being 29 not back that far but biking since 11.

the amount of shin injuries i had from my RM125, Z250, all giving me a kick back from the compression ha ha ha !

and the kickstart going slack,oh yes,rounding off the splines oh the memories !!!!!!!
Old 05 June 2009, 07:44 PM
Will
BANNED

YouTube - Ultimate Motorcycle FAIL!
Old 05 June 2009, 07:45 PM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

I've been a car driver since 17 (2 decades cough cough.....) and only in the last 2 years have I been on 2 wheels. The riders you saw were obviously idiots, u get them in cars, lorries, motorbikes, planes, hang gliders..............

I've seen a few heroes racing each other in heavy traffic as well (cars and bikes) and it pisses me off alot. If they want to ride a bit naughty then at least have the sense to do it late at night or early in the morning when traffic is light and not many kids are about.

I enjoy riding as much as I do driving cars but you wouldn't see me putting people or myself at risk on the public highway. If they want to do something as toe to toe as the riding you describe then they should grow some ***** and save it for the track.

Please don't tarnish every biker with the same brush

Last edited by Fabioso; 06 June 2009 at 02:31 AM.
Old 06 June 2009, 04:00 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

My good friend had a proper Rudge Ulster, lovely machine and very powerful for its time. It was a good idea not to forget to retard the ignition before starting it unless you wanted to do a shot out of a cannon act as it kicked back. You never forgot it again though!

Les
Old 06 June 2009, 09:36 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

MOTORBIKES!
Old 07 June 2009, 10:26 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
This is the main reason why I'm still alive: Kawasaki H1 failed starting attempt

What you're saying is that a V12 XJS is the reliable vehicle in your garage?
Old 07 June 2009, 12:02 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jods
Thats the sort of vid that gets produced out of sheer jealousy of those who are 'bikers!

I had to laugh at the mobile cottaging one!

Les
Old 07 June 2009, 09:35 PM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jods
Well Done....

Try riding a bike and then come back and tell me its better than driving a car.............
Old 07 June 2009, 09:50 PM
spireite
BANNED

How many over 50s bikers on here
Old 08 June 2009, 12:43 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

The country is full of them, and why not?

Les
Old 08 June 2009, 01:37 PM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

Why do they have to be so f*cking noisy? And we think our boxer-4's are loud! I can't believe they don't always get pulled by the fuzz so to speak.

There's a tw@t comes to the pub next door to us nearly every day on his 57 plate Ducati. No-one likes him there and he just gets pissed (he's admitted that to me) and rides around the block all night revving the ar$e of it every half hour or so. I can't wait till he gets caught for drink-driving etc. I just hope he doesn't kill anyone first.
Old 08 June 2009, 01:50 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

+ they're not even that quick given an open road ... I used to thrash them in my Spec C (get out the way slow coaches).

TX.
Old 08 June 2009, 02:00 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbo2
Why do they have to be so f*cking noisy? And we think our boxer-4's are loud! I can't believe they don't always get pulled by the fuzz so to speak.

There's a tw@t comes to the pub next door to us nearly every day on his 57 plate Ducati. No-one likes him there and he just gets pissed (he's admitted that to me) and rides around the block all night revving the ar$e of it every half hour or so. I can't wait till he gets caught for drink-driving etc. I just hope he doesn't kill anyone first.
I quite agree, its much more satisfying to leave them for dead with a quiet machine!

Les
Old 08 June 2009, 03:57 PM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
+ they're not even that quick given an open road ... I used to thrash them in my Spec C (get out the way slow coaches).

TX.
That's true: had some biker trying to outrun me as we exited a roundabout on a dual carriageway the other day. I was in the left lane 4-up in the 22B and he was in the right lane giving it some beans on his 2 year old Triumph something-or-other. He didn't make up any ground on me until I had to shove on the anchors for a dawdling caravan and let him sail by.
Old 08 June 2009, 10:46 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I generally have a lot of time for bikers (being an ex-biker), but on Friday was really annoyed by the old fat git on his sports tourer, complete with panniers and a tank bag. He pushed past all of the cars to the front of the queue at the lights, which doesn't bother me, fully crossed the white line and stopped across the pedestrian crossing which really annoys me (but that was the only way he could get in front of me and ensure I didn't try and pull off ahead of him) so I assumed he was going to see me off.

No, the pr!ck decided to bimble along at 25 in the 40 limit, up to nearly 30 when we hit the 60 limit and then down to about 15 as we went around a 30degree bend in the road, still in the 60 limit. If I'd have crawled up his exhaust I could probably confirm, but I suspect the middle of his tyres where nearly bald whilst the edges still had the bobbles on like they where new.

It just takes the odd one, but when the take the p!ss and decide to be self-centred and arrogant about being a middle-aged biker who 'knows best' it really gets on my ****. If I though I could trust myself not to kill myself I'd get another bike but for the fact that, as with everyting else, the number of idiots on the road who will ensure that all bikers get tarred with being immature, irresponsible tw@ts, really puts me.
Old 08 June 2009, 11:01 PM
The Rig
Scooby Regular

i get bored on the bike, in the car theres always something that can compete

on the bike,nothing,unless i slow down and wait for catch up but then its no fun.

i love it when scoobs/evos try n compete,so much fun.

although doing 125 round bends can only be done a few times before i give up,the cars can cope,tyre squeel n all, i cant,my nerves are shot,car makes mistake,goes wide,i make mistake,hello fence and the reaper

i hate sensible bikers,theres 1 guy who waits in traffic like a car,its raining,the only bonus as a biker i have is to jump the queue when its sobing down !!!!!!!!
Old 08 June 2009, 11:05 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Rig
i hate sensible bikers,theres 1 guy who waits in traffic like a car,its raining,the only bonus as a biker i have is to jump the queue when its sobing down !!!!!!!!
And I think that is totally reasonable, you pay your money to make your choice and live with the pros and cons. But I hate the self righteous who live in the outside lane at 70 because that's the speed limit, or even worse the 40/40 club members
Old 09 June 2009, 03:42 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Its not my personal habit to do that, but in all truth, what are they doing wrong if they are driving at the speed limit anyway, especially if they are overtaking another vehicle. Do you have a special right to exceed the speed limit?

Les

Quick Reply: Motorbike bashing thread