Driving experience days

Search this Thread

Old 03 June 2009, 05:17 PM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driving experience days

hey guys,

can anyone recommend a decent company that delivers a good value for money driving experience please...???

F1/rally/supercar...anything like that...its for a present so id rather go on a few recommendations than book one blind...!

thanks in advance,

bri.
Old 03 June 2009, 05:29 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Virgin Experience Days

I got this for the other half, as one of his Christmas presents. No idea how it is though, he hasn't done it yet
Old 03 June 2009, 05:56 PM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300
Virgin Experience Days

I got this for the other half, as one of his Christmas presents. No idea how it is though, he hasn't done it yet
says to allow 1 hour for your visit there...doesnt sound like wed be getting very much for our money...

did they tell you how many laps youd get when you booked it...?
Old 03 June 2009, 06:09 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

To be honest. I can't remember. Give them a ring though. You've got nothing to lose
The choice of cars is what I went for as they looked impressive.
I have also bought him in previous years, a flight simulation for a Boeing. That was fantastic. He got a certificate and a print out of his landing and some other bits and bobs.
A light aircraft flight, he actually flew over our house.
Formula 2 (I think) driving experience at Donnington.

All of them were well worth the money
Old 03 June 2009, 07:31 PM
Spooky Mulder
Scooby Regular

The cream of Driving Experience has to be Palmersport Driving experience. You get to drive seven cars, you are coached and you get to drive flat out. There is even a proper single seater you are let loose in.

Beware many of the Ferrari/Lambo/Porshce experiences - they are short and most of them have rev limiters or speed limits when you drive them.

No such thing at Palmersport - in the single seater you are data logged and compared to a lap by one of the F1 test drivers (it is shameful how slow mere mortals are by comparison!).

It is normally 722 plus VAT; 692 plus VAT in August.

There are a gang of us going at the end of this month - I can't wait. Last year I got a prize for being fastest in the 911 JP3 and got 49/50 on the Landie obstacle course. Mind you I was dreadful in the Caterham on track although made up for it in the Caterham autotest.

Lots and lots of driving in a very full day.
Old 03 June 2009, 07:55 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spooky Mulder
The cream of Driving Experience has to be Palmersport Driving experience. You get to drive seven cars, you are coached and you get to drive flat out. There is even a proper single seater you are let loose in.

Beware many of the Ferrari/Lambo/Porshce experiences - they are short and most of them have rev limiters or speed limits when you drive them.

No such thing at Palmersport - in the single seater you are data logged and compared to a lap by one of the F1 test drivers (it is shameful how slow mere mortals are by comparison!).

It is normally 722 plus VAT; 692 plus VAT in August.

There are a gang of us going at the end of this month - I can't wait. Last year I got a prize for being fastest in the 911 JP3 and got 49/50 on the Landie obstacle course. Mind you I was dreadful in the Caterham on track although made up for it in the Caterham autotest.

Lots and lots of driving in a very full day.
good advice above, the Palmersport day is a guranteed brilliant day. dear, but so good. i enjoyed every minute when i did it

i've heard mixed things about other experience days, some people i know have had a very restricted day but 2 mates were pushed very hard by the instructor and had a blinding time. so it's a bit of a gamble unfortunately.
Old 04 June 2009, 03:56 PM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

cheers guys,

its a birthday gift for girlfriends brother so wont be spending 700+ quid on it...!!!

went with a combined ferrari & impreza experience from activity superstore in the end as she got 15% off the price through work...im sure hell love it...!