Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Cretinous driving awards !

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2009, 09:24 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cretinous driving awards !

Whats the daftest bit of driving you have seen recently ?

My nominations,

Tonight, Wilmslow bypass, I was "making progress" as it was empty, enjoying a rare go of my car and giving it some stick and was aware of a big off roader behind me, he had joined from Marks and Spencers, I continue on my way at a reasonable velocity, quicker than the honking great thing in the mirror could manage, not racing, not interested, get to the next roundabout and slow down due to a few slower cars. came off the roundabout and didnt hoof it as there was a silver Golf estate in the outside lane doing about 70, I hang back as I thought I would give the Golf driver the chance to move over once he had registered me, he wasn't dawdling but the Audi Q7 behind me decided that 70 wasn't fast enough so went up the inside of me and the Golf just as the Gold clocked me and indicated left, matey boy in the Audi was alongside and swerved as the Golf moved in hit the verge and sent dust and debris up and was bouncing up and down, blows his horn at the worried looking older lady in the Golf for about 15 seconds !

Gets to the next roundabout and he is behind me on my bumper, me in the outside lane Golf turns off left and he attempts to overtake me up the inside as I was indicating in to leave the outside lane free as the Golf had now turned off, so twice in a mile he makes an aggressive maneuver up the inside rather than waiting a few seconds even when the first one nearly caused and accident, I just put my foot down and left the *****, why do flash off roaders attract agressive ********* ?

Example two this morning , on the private road to work, 20 mph rigidly enforced limit, doing 21/22 mph on my push bike (nice tailwind, hence speed), over to the right of my side of the road arm out indicating and a Citroen Picasso I had seen in my mirrors was overtaking me !! it was my boss, well ex boss but I wonder what she thought I was doing in the middle of the road with my arm out ? I chose not to ask her as I didn't think she would actually have registered it.

Sorry, had to get that out, lets hear yours.
Old 26 May 2009, 09:33 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a little rule that I have formulated since moving to Lymm:-

Driving talent inversely proportional the value of your 4x4

Bloody Saabs are a pest too

Steve
Old 26 May 2009, 09:45 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Rossett bypass last week. I was doing 85 passing another car and matey-boy in a Merc came up behind me at well over a ton flashing his headlights. Where exactly he expected me to go, I've no idea.
Old 26 May 2009, 10:04 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

A34..... racers paradise lol...... that is where I smashed my old car up by going through the central reservation lol
Old 26 May 2009, 10:51 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

i unfortunately was the idiot driving today when after my first ever visit to sign on at the local JobCentre after walking out of my current job the day previous. A bit dazed and confused at the whole situation I pulled out right infront of my guy in a Ford Focus near causing him to go straight into the side of me. Felt like an absolute ***** as i didn't see him at all as my mind was in limbo.
Old 27 May 2009, 10:38 AM
ChrisB

Must have been National Numb-Nuts on the A34 day yesterday

I was A, heading for C.

Twonk (B) decides it's no problem for him to stay on the inside of me and exit at D.
Old 27 May 2009, 10:43 AM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Those drivers who are waiting to pull out of a side road. They see you coming, but have loads of time and space to pull out, but they wait and wait untill your virtually at the junction..........THEN THEY PULL out, WTF is that all about.
Old 27 May 2009, 10:50 AM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by webby v7 slipperwagon
Those drivers who are waiting to pull out of a side road. They see you coming, but have loads of time and space to pull out, but they wait and wait untill your virtually at the junction..........THEN THEY PULL out, WTF is that all about.

I just do it to annoy you
Old 27 May 2009, 11:20 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by webby v7 slipperwagon
Takes them that long to work out how fast you are going, and then they pull out anyway because they have used up all their judgement by then!

Les
Old 27 May 2009, 11:34 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

I'll nominate myself for a cretinous driving award, trying (and managing) to pull away in 3rd gear this morning.
Old 27 May 2009, 12:39 PM
[-(o)-]
Scooby Regular

Cretinous parking can go to my other half trying to parallel park on a hill last night. After quite a while the end result was still a good 2ft out from the kerb.

She isn't great at the best of times and yes I offered help but...
Old 27 May 2009, 12:42 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by [-(o)-]
Cretinous parking can go to my other half trying to parallel park on a hill last night. After quite a while the end result was still a good 2ft out from the kerb.

She isn't great at the best of times and yes I offered help but...

I've learnt the hard way that it is best just to sit there quietly and try not to laugh
Old 27 May 2009, 12:43 PM
TheVoices
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Every night on the M66 (two lanes), people with no idea of how to overtake and move over, people with no concept of how fast other vehicles are travelling when they pull out, people obviously looking just at the 10ft of road immediately in front of them, people who think putting their indicator on means you should slow down to let them pull out.................................the list goes on.

No wonder they want to lower all the speed limits if these morons are a cross section of the road using public !

kill 'em all, let God sort them out ?
Old 27 May 2009, 01:22 PM
spider
Scooby Regular

Hmm - taking my other half to & from Reading hospital today; several drivers who fail to realise that a green traffic light meant it was safe for them to go - not just edge forward slowly & peer around; also, the speed limit is 30, not 15mph!

Coming back from a wedding in the Midlands over the weekend - M42 & M40 obviously must have landmines in lane 1 since all these frightened drivers stuck in lane 2 at 65 mph with no intention of using the "lorry lane" that was clear for miles ahead each time I passed one. Aagh!
Old 27 May 2009, 01:39 PM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TheVoices
Every night on the M66 (two lanes), people with no idea of how to overtake and move over, people with no concept of how fast other vehicles are travelling when they pull out, people obviously looking just at the 10ft of road immediately in front of them, people who think putting their indicator on means you should slow down to let them pull out.................................the list goes on.

No wonder they want to lower all the speed limits if these morons are a cross section of the road using public !

kill 'em all, let God sort them out ?

Have to agree the M66 and the A66 are terrible roads for driving on - most people just dont have a clue - you forgot the travelling at less than 50 mph in lane 2 & refusing to move back to lane 1 when lane 1 is either empty or traveling faster !
Ie the Silver Corsa this morning
Richard
Old 27 May 2009, 04:55 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

I managed to stall a (substitute) diesel mini-bus today, on a level road.....

My excuse is that it had a dragging clutch !

LOL

dunx

P.S. My favourite are the ones who indicate right and turn left....