Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Things to do around Warwick?

Search this Thread

Old 25 May 2009, 12:26 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Things to do around Warwick?

Apart from the castle, what else is there?

Last edited by FlightMan; 25 May 2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 25 May 2009, 12:37 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Answered your own question
Old 25 May 2009, 12:41 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Stratford-Upon-Avon isn't far, and I think there's a falconry centre near there.
Old 25 May 2009, 01:20 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Stick to the castle, never understood the appeal of Stratford, Yes i know about it being the Shakepsear's home/birthplace and all that but TBH it is another row of Edinborough wool mill type shops in a niceish setting.
Old 25 May 2009, 01:25 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Depends totally on what you like. I live nearby there and love lap dancing clubs where women have large **** and shake them in my face for a tenner while I check my emails.
Old 25 May 2009, 01:45 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spoon
Depends totally on what you like. I live nearby there and love lap dancing clubs where women have large **** and shake them in my face for a tenner while I check my emails.
Well my missus does that for free, and I'm not sure my 5 and 9 year old girls would appreciate that sort of thing.
Old 25 May 2009, 02:07 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Well my missus does that for free.
Oh I know she does.

Trending Topics

Old 25 May 2009, 02:10 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Maybe your children might like the Buttefly Farm nearby in Stratford? Butterfly Farm
Old 25 May 2009, 02:16 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Look here too as Warwick is only down the road from Stratford. Stratford upon Avon
Old 25 May 2009, 03:38 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spoon
We should go out sometime
Old 25 May 2009, 04:39 PM
Kuohu
Scooby Regular

Realistically you can spend the best part of the day in Warwick Castle itself. In the summer there are all sorts of things on inside the grounds, including a birds of prey display, firing the trebuchet, and sometimes jousting. Then of course there's going around the castle itself, up the towers, and through the kingmaker display. New this year are the dungeons, but I haven't been in that yet.

The town centre is just a short walk from the castle. It isn't great for big shops (nearby Leamington is much better for actual shopping) but Warwick town centre's shops are okay for a wander.

Depending on when you're visiting, there is also Warwick races which has meetings a number of times throughout the year. Check their website. This is just a short walk from the town centre as well.

Warwick has some nice parks - near to the Castle is St Nicholas Park, where you can feed the ducks on the Avon, play crazy golf, have an ice cream, or there's a play area and a lido for the kids.

If you drive a few miles out of town, there's a karting track (on Harbury Road towards Leamington FC) but I've never been there so I can't say if it's any good.

Others have mentioned nearby Stratford with the RSC and Shakespeares house. The town centre is also good for shopping - lots of interesting nick-nacks and art shops to browse around. Or again just sit on the banks of the Avon and feed the ducks and swans. (But not the geese).

Out in the direction of Stratford there's also Wellesbourne Airfield which has a Vulcan, and there's also a helicopter school so you can watch them flying quite close-up, if that's of interest. And also in that (rough) direction is Compton Verney which is sort of a stately home converted into an art gallery. Again, worth a look if art is your thing.

Another nearby town is Kenilworth, which has a large castle ruins. It doesn't have all the entertainers that warwick castle has, but it does have a charm about the place, and it's a lot cheaper than Warwick. The pub almost opposite does great food too (not the beefeater, the other one).

A few miles out of town (towards Brum) there is a place called Hatton Country village, which is a collection of arts and crafts units, and they also have a fun area for the kids. Last time I went there was a maize maze, although I'm not sure if they have done that again this year. There are a few pubs nearby, including the Waterman which has been refurbished and does good food. You can get some grub there and then have a wander along the canal locks.
Old 25 May 2009, 07:37 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Cheers all.
Old 25 May 2009, 08:16 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kuohu
There are a few pubs nearby, including the Waterman which has been refurbished and does good food. You can get some grub there and then have a wander along the canal locks.
Wednesday night is bike night, with loads of bikes to have a gander around.
Old 25 May 2009, 11:15 PM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to Thwaites developments and say