Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Rave review, Valve @ the Rex last sat.

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2002, 05:10 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmm. It werent all that to be honest. for the price of the ticket I was expecting a lot more and IMO Valve failed to deliver.
It was good for th following reasons.
there were free earplugs. why? see the reason below.
The Valve system was ******* loud. I made full use of the free earplugs, but the bass still shook me to the core when I walked past the speakers.
Walking past the speakers was a regular occurance. they were everywhere! Valve really did pull out all the stops on the sound front.
Randall killed it. proper dark set. Skibba complimented it nicely too.
The Rex has sorted out the stairways and they have some grip on them. last time it was a skating rink.

It were **** for the following reasons.
It was meant to be a sound clash, but the TOV systems didnt get switched on all night.
Skibba left early.
Shabba didnt turn up.
Fearless was on for the last 1/2 hour or so.
Someone was dragged out totally lifeless. (from what I saw)
It took a good 2 minutes for security to get to him despite the MC shouting for them over the loudest system in the business.
Shortly after a massive ruck broke out.
Grooveriders' set was ****. sorry but it was. I was expecting a lot more from him.
Hype did his best to revive things, as did Andy C. but it was difficult with only a 40 minute set in which to turn things around.
the cloakroom was an organisational shambles. it was a good hour before they got someone up there to sort it out.
Worst of all, this aggro crackhead **** started on me after it was finished. I dont really need to be gobbed on whilst walking to the station. He wanted a brawl but it was beneath me so walked away. Come back when you are a raver pal.
Fair enough that last one was beyond Valves' control, but it was the icing on the cake to a lacklustre night.
At the end of the day, I came away wishing I had gone to a hardcore event. Which I prolly will do if I have the option in the future.
Could have been a lot better. Pity it wasnt.
astraboy.