Shahid "I stuck a million per cent by the rules" Malik

Search this Thread

Old 15 May 2009, 11:33 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Shahid "I stuck a million per cent by the rules" Malik

...has stood down

Another Nu Labour scumbag bites the dust. Blears and Jackboot Smith next please...

Old 15 May 2009, 11:49 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Thing is though it is getting very very boring. I didn't need an expenses row to tell me that all MPs (no matter which party) are for the main greedy, self serving, short termist career politicians.

I do really think we have more serious things to worry about in the UK right now than the fact that our MPs are as most of us suspected bent as a nine dollar bill. It's not exactly news is it?
Old 15 May 2009, 11:50 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

I've had personal dealings with Malik while lobbying for business rate reduction in our area, and he is absolutely useless. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that he was on the fiddle. It's amazing how many MPs are calling the Telegraph's coverage 'lies' yet not one of them has taken any legal action. Looking at the Telegraph today Malik has refused point blank to repay any of the expenses. There needs to be legal action against ALL the MPs who have committed fraud.
Old 15 May 2009, 11:53 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by f1_fan
I do really think we have more serious things to worry about in the UK right now than the fact that our MPs are as most of us suspected bent as a nine dollar bill. It's not exactly news is it?
No its not exactly news, everyone suspected as much - but to actually get concrete evidence of the extent of the fraud being committed is. By my reckoning the actual 'wage' bill for all our MPs per annum is the thick end of a billion pounds.
Old 15 May 2009, 11:56 AM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

Originally Posted by MJW
I've had personal dealings with Malik while lobbying for business rate reduction in our area, and he is absolutely useless. It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that he was on the fiddle. It's amazing how many MPs are calling the Telegraph's coverage 'lies' yet not one of them has taken any legal action. Looking at the Telegraph today Malik has refused point blank to repay any of the expenses. There needs to be legal action against ALL the MPs who have committed fraud.
Hasnt a top group of london lawyes stated that if no prosecutions come from this, they will persue it themselves, as it is fraudulent use of public money?
Old 15 May 2009, 11:57 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MJW
No its not exactly news, everyone suspected as much - but to actually get concrete evidence of the extent of the fraud being committed is. By my reckoning the actual 'wage' bill for all our MPs per annum is the thick end of a billion pounds.
Yes fair enough. So we know that now. Let's get them prosecuted and get on with it. How do you think this is making us look to the rest of the world? How do you think it is affecting what, if any, confidence businesses in other countries have in the UK as a place to do business. We are already down and nearly out, we (as in the people of the UK) don't need this to drag on and on and us become a further laughing stock.

Trending Topics

Old 15 May 2009, 12:29 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Thing is though it is getting very very boring.
Boring? - This is the most important thing to happen in politics for years. Could bring about a long over due General election. Could result in the toppling of the entire Westminster regieme. Could result in the rise of a new political party to replace the 'big three' who all occupy the same centre left ground.

And you think that's boring?? Hmmm...
Old 15 May 2009, 12:33 PM
darts_aint_sport
Scooby Regular

I question having someone who thinks "one million percent" is any better than 100 percent being in a position of power.
Old 15 May 2009, 12:42 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Boring? - This is the most important thing to happen in politics for years. Could bring about a long over due General election. Could result in the toppling of the entire Westminster regieme. Could result in the rise of a new political party to replace the 'big three' who all occupy the same centre left ground.

And you think that's boring?? Hmmm...
And meanwhile back in the real world.

The election will still be when Brown decides to have it and the Tories will get elected despite them being just as bent. Yep... boring!!!
Old 15 May 2009, 01:15 PM
SCOsazOBY
Scooby Senior

This arrogant Malik guy was on sky news this morning saying he asked how much he could claim for and was told there wasnt a limit. When he was aksed why a home cinema system was claimed for when it doesnt have anything to do with his job he said that he would be donating it to local causes in his area as a good will gesture!
Old 15 May 2009, 01:21 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I don't think this expenses fiddling is limited to just Labour. Ever other party will be at it.

The majority of them are greedy little piggies, happy to gorge themselves at the trough, at others expense. Greed and power, that's the allure of government.
Old 15 May 2009, 01:24 PM
Coc-ker
Scooby Regular

Guy Fawkes had the right idea I reckon!
Old 15 May 2009, 01:35 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

This Malik blokes worst crime was to appear on TV to try to defend himself .... he came across as an arrogant to55er .... would make a very good Car Salesman!

An Election may not see a change of Government - not many people are so thick that they really believe it would be better under the Tories (though some posting on here are doing a damned fine act of being a shilling short of a pound!)
Old 15 May 2009, 01:48 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Unfortunatley this joker will doubtless be back to the top jobs in a few years time and everybody will have forgotten/forgive his indescretions - youd like to think it would stop him getting to back , but in reality it'll probably boost his image amongst his peers

A true Nu Labiaist
Old 15 May 2009, 01:50 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
This Malik blokes worst crime was to appear on TV to try to defend himself .... he came across as an arrogant to55er .... would make a very good Car Salesman!

An Election may not see a change of Government - not many people are so thick that they really believe it would be better under the Tories (though some posting on here are doing a damned fine act of being a shilling short of a pound!)
Having seen for ourselves how this present lot have ruined the country, financially and morally, and put us and our descendants into debt for many years to come because of their profligate and wasteful spending, overborrowing all the time to make things look better than they really were,and their total incompetence at allowing the banks to carry on paying huge bonuses thus creating an atmosphere of risky investments which have all fallen through the floor, and at the same time flogging off half our gold reserves!, which party do you think is the best bet for this country for the future Pete? It is worth remembering which party has always left this country with the economy destroyed in the past, and which party has always dragged it back to good health.

If you were a betting man,and knowing what we all know, which horse would you back and why? Or do you really fancy living in a totalitarian state?

Les

Last edited by Leslie; 15 May 2009 at 01:54 PM.
Old 15 May 2009, 01:51 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

what a ****
Old 15 May 2009, 01:56 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

He should

Old 15 May 2009, 02:02 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
which party do you think is the best bet for this country for the future Pete?

Les
If I really had to choose, gun at my head, I would select Labour - simple choice, really.

Tories are corrupt, toffie nosed snobs ..... some of Labour have shown themselves up, but generally they are not old Etonians.

Lib-Dems would bring the Nanny state to a new level.

Labour have, after all, saved the financial mess .... and history will show that they led the world out of a disaster waiting to happen.

But, I will not vote Labour as there is no gun at my head!
Old 15 May 2009, 02:11 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

If I really had to choose, gun at my head, I would select Labour - simple choice, really.

Tories are corrupt, toffie nosed snobs ..... some of Labour have shown themselves up, but generally they are not old Etonians.

Labour have, after all, saved the financial mess .... and history will show that they led the world out of a disaster waiting to happen.

Can I ask genuinely then, and I mean that, who will you vote for come June 4th is it?

You said no to the Tories obviously, as per above - fair enough.
You said Labour only if a gun was at your head - fair enough
You said no to Lib dems, nanny state - fair enough

I would presume you have the integrity to ignore the BNP (even I would ignore them).

So who does it leave, as you were very insistant of using your vote. I'm kinda stumped the other alternatives (naivety and lack of political knowledge on my part that one).

Genuine question.
Old 15 May 2009, 02:21 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like the peasants are revolting:

BBC NEWS | England | Hereford/Worcs | Window smashed at MP's offices
Old 15 May 2009, 02:37 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

One idea that's gaining ground is that an independent candidate should contest every seat at the next election representing local people on local issues.

If that happened they could wipe out the big three at a stroke and we would have a brand new 'people's parliament' with not a career politician in sight.

Old 15 May 2009, 06:33 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
One idea that's gaining ground is that an independent candidate should contest every seat at the next election representing local people on local issues.

If that happened they could wipe out the big three at a stroke and we would have a brand new 'people's parliament' with not a career politician in sight.

Tony Benn was actually promoting this idea today on Sky. I have to admit it has its strengths as an idea. Sad thing is, due to the way people vote, their majority would be limited leaving them all to side with one of the majors.

Sadly I would say one of the major weaknesses in this country, as many others is the lack of interest and knowledge of the public. Few people know WHO they are voting for these days, just what colour they represent.
Old 16 May 2009, 12:01 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Pity about your first paragraph Pete. It shows you to be dyed in the wool Labour, regardless of their incompetence, and you are allowing inverted snobbery to rule your thinking.

Despite the actions of some of their politicians, as of those of other parties in the latest scandal, the Conservatives have not shown themselves to be either corrupt as a party or in any way as "toffe nosed".
We don't know what they can do yet as far as governing the country is concerned under Cameron, but we have got 12 years of experience of what your hero's can achieve when it comes to ruining a country in all repects! The Conservatives would really have to work at it to do worse!

I agree with your comment on the Lib Dems however.

Saying that NL have saved the country from a financial mess is truly farcical when we look at our economic state. They overborrowed for 12 years just to make things look good, blew all the cash on useless actions etc. and halved our narional reserves, worshipped the bankers allowing them to get their banks and us into a desperate situation, unable to withstand the depression, and consequently have had to borrow more than any government has ever done before, thus putting us into a situation where we are the worst off of the lot as far as the economy is concerned. we have not yet seen the inflation which will surely follow the action of printing money. Zimbabwe tried that! I wonder how our descendants will feel about paying off the money that NL have been forced to borrow by their own incompetence.

I would like to see your justification after all that!

Les

Last edited by Leslie; 16 May 2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old 16 May 2009, 12:26 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

BBC NEWS | UK | UK Politics | Constituents react to expenses row

But Rachael Hardiman disagreed: "He has claimed the maximum amount and I find that morally shocking. The constituency he represents in parts is extremely deprived."

Her e-mail said: "Shahid Malik is and always has been a career politician - he has no depth of character or understanding.

"He does not care about Dewsbury at all despite insisting he does."

Rafi Iqbal e-mailed to say: "I am aghast at what he has done. It's not a question of what the rules were.

"If he and others cannot and did not see what they were doing as morally wrong, then it's time to move aside."

He is morally corrupt, his constituency is one of the poorest in the country yet he feels he can get 2.5Ks worth of home cinema at the expense of the taxpayer - how exactly does this help him with his job??? Even better 0once pressed on this he offers to give it to the community - so that makes it alright does it???

Malkic is scum, he knows better but does it because he can!

The question MP's should ask themselves each time the claim is - "Can i honestly hand on heart justify the expense i am about to claim to the constituents and tax payers of my ward and would they agree with my choice to do so???

Simple as that really.
Old 16 May 2009, 06:45 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Mlik is an arrogant to55er, I speak from personal experience, I do some work in the area where he is an MP and have met him in the past, thankfully I live no where near there.

Personally it drives me mad that no one is treating this as a criminal matter, the whole expenses saga. No doubt the government are putting the block on that too