Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

40th Birthday Bash Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 14 May 2009, 05:04 PM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 40th Birthday Bash Suggestions

I hit the big 40 next December and even though it's 18 months away, I need to start saving for a bash as I've never had a party before (my mum could never be arsed to let me have one cos my b-day's 23 December!) so fancy a biggy this time round.

I was considering hiring a room at my parents golf club and getting a DJ and then providing a buffet and booze - however, they want £1K for the room alone so I've decided against that.

Anyone got any ideas as to what I could do? Our house is out of the question as it's too small - I'd be looking at circa 40-50 guests. Any good themes too (80's etc)?

My colleagues are proving useless and have come up with no suggestions whatsoever.
Old 14 May 2009, 05:37 PM
gixer6
Scooby Regular

Just had my wifes 40th bash at the weekend. 60+ people so we spoke to a local restaurant who weren't overly priced but did good food and picked 6 items of the starter / main / pudding menu and created our own. Asked people to pay for their own food in advance and drinks on the night and told them we'd be having a DJ / disco too. Didn't tell them we'd also get a vodka luge as well

They were all friends so didn't mind coughing for the nosh and we also put out 30 bottles of wine too get the party started and about 70 test tube shots for the luge too.

The DJ was a guy that used too DJ at a club we all used to go to and we asked for all 80's music. It's fair to say that the night was a huuuuuuuuge success. Everyone had a great time and the luge was a massive hit. There weren't many that could walk straight at the end of the night !!!!

Worked for us
Old 16 May 2009, 08:41 AM
alistair
Scooby Senior

You're better off with a working mans type club - usually much cheaper to hire & cheaper drinks as well.

I did a surprise one for my wife at the local police club, arranged through a mate who's a copper. We needed to decorate the room & clean it up afterwards, but worked very well.