It's death sentence time again

Search this Thread

Old 21 April 2009, 07:55 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry It's death sentence time again

BBC NEWS | England | Student paralysed in knife attack

A 15-year-old boy who stabbed a student in a "ferocious" attack, leaving him paralysed from the neck down, has been detained for 10 years.

Nazrul Islam, of Upton Park, east London, repeatedly stabbed Oliver Hemsley, 20, from Ely, Cambridgeshire, in central London, on 28 August 2008.
This scum only gets 10 years (prob be out in 5 for a life of crime and benefits), and his innocent victim is paralysed from the neck down for life.

Death sentence is surely the only option for scum like Nazrul Islam
Old 21 April 2009, 08:36 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
BBC NEWS | England | Student paralysed in knife attack

This scum only gets 10 years (prob be out in 5 for a life of crime and benefits), and his innocent victim is paralysed from the neck down for life.

Death sentence is surely the only option for scum like Nazrul Islam
And he robbed a 12 y/o girl at knifepoint whilst on bail - how the hell can you get bail when charhged with Murder - this country is going to the dogs.

I hope the POS gets ***-raped and fed on a diet bacon sarines and sausages for the duration of his time in prison!
Old 21 April 2009, 08:43 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

That does not sound like a native British name so sit back, think then ask yourself the question again!!!
Old 21 April 2009, 09:42 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
That does not sound like a native British name so sit back, think then ask yourself the question again!!!

errrm what question
Old 21 April 2009, 09:59 PM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

He should have a nice clamp fitted to his head that is turned inch by inch tighter to make him suffer, utter scum!
Old 21 April 2009, 10:00 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

I would send him to a country that would guarantee they would torture him every day for a least ten years, untill he can no longer even function in any way of form and then I would take him into the middle of a lake, throw him in and watch him drown
Old 21 April 2009, 10:04 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

or sit and watch endless repeats of Emmerdale Farm
Old 21 April 2009, 10:06 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2
I would send him to a country that would guarantee they would torture him every day for a least ten years, untill he can no longer even function in any way of form and then I would take him into the middle of a lake, throw him in and watch him drown
Sorry but I'm struggling to see the difference between you and him at the moment
Old 21 April 2009, 10:23 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

I think he should be made to sit and read endless threads on Scoobynet bemoaning the degeneration of society
Old 21 April 2009, 10:24 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

USA then !
Old 21 April 2009, 11:37 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

OK, I take it back.... I would sentence him to sitting at Martins house and making him listen to Martin rattle on about climate change......

For people like this Martin, what is justice then???? Do not say 10 years in prison you hippie
Old 21 April 2009, 11:38 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

The scum deffo needs shot in my honest opinion.
Old 21 April 2009, 11:40 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

OK, I take it back.... I would sentence him to sitting at Martins house and making him listen to Martin rattle on about climate change......

For people like this Martin, what is justice then???? Do not say 10 years in prison you hippie
It's idiots like him who have the country in the state it in, I'm sure Martin would be happy to see him given a slap on the wrist and an ASBO!
Old 21 April 2009, 11:41 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

I support the death penalty 100%.... the only problem is ridding wrongful convictions.... but for cases like this..... a quick death is too good for the guy.
Old 21 April 2009, 11:46 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Well I'll ignore the insults and deal with the issue.

He should be locked up for a very very long time, probably forever. I think the sentence is absolutely appalling and have argued long and hard on hear that life should mean life in cases like this.

Because I don't want to take some kind of sick sadistic pleasure dreaming up ways of dehumanising and torturing this criminal makes me different to you, I suppose, that is not something I'm going to lose much sleep over thankfully.

Last edited by Martin2005; 21 April 2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 21 April 2009, 11:51 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tam the bam
It's idiots like him who have the country in the state it in, I'm sure Martin would be happy to see him given a slap on the wrist and an ASBO!
Once more you pressume to understand what I think on an issue, once more you are wrong...well done you keep your 100% record.
Old 22 April 2009, 12:24 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh come on. While Martin might not agree with torture or even the death penalty, that statement is a bit unfair. Just because he doesn't agree with certain 'punishments', doesn't mean he thinks that people should get a slap on the wrist either, much the same as me.

I, quite frankly can't be bothered to voice my opinions on the subject on here again, but just because someone doesn't agree with certain things, doesn't equal them being stupid, or of the mind to think people should go unpunished.
Old 22 April 2009, 12:30 AM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by Lisawrx
oh come on. While Martin might not agree with torture or even the death penalty, that statement is a bit unfair. Just because he doesn't agree with certain 'punishments', doesn't mean he thinks that people should get a slap on the wrist either, much the same as me.

I, quite frankly can't be bothered to voice my opinions on the subject on here again, but just because someone doesn't agree with certain things, doesn't equal them being stupid, or of the mind to think people should go unpunished.
Err I was just having a dig at Martin! It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.
Old 22 April 2009, 12:37 AM
Lisawrx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Err I was just having a dig at Martin! It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

He's had a fair few recently, so thought it's only right to stand up for the more liberal amongst us.
Old 22 April 2009, 09:53 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Martin, I agree with you on the subject of life is life, if that is the sentence handed down. I simply do not want my tax pounds, Tams tax pound or even your tax pounds, to be spent letting this animal live.

If any of the political parties knocked on my door and said 'It cost 50,000 pounds a year to house a high security prisoner. If we say we will knock this down to 2000 pounds, the prisoner lives a life in squaller (sic?) and misery, and the savings will be spent on health and education' I would vote for them tomorrow........ people like this guy should live the rest of their life in misery
Old 22 April 2009, 10:05 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

He's abused his rights in the UK, therefore the scumbag should be sent to Afghanistan and made to walk barefoot in front of UK soldiers as an effective form of landmine detection.

I'm happy for my tax to go towards a plane ticket
Old 22 April 2009, 10:12 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I support the death penalty for the right crime. I don't think this fellow should get the death penalty since he did not actually kill his victim although it could be argued that what he did to him was as good as!

He should get a swingeing punishment and it should be a very long sentence. His imprisonment should be unpleasant and he should have none of the privileges which are handed out by the pc lefties these days, but should be put to hard labour and he should be kept in a cell, made to slop out, and share with other prisoners.

Prison should not be a soft option as it has become now, people should not look forward to going back there as a light tap on the wrist for a short time.

Les
Old 22 April 2009, 10:14 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Martin, I agree with you on the subject of life is life, if that is the sentence handed down.
life does mean life -- FACT

ony convention means you are released early, if indeed your are, and to be released you have to fulfill a few conditions

in addition you can be recalled back to prision at any time for any reason totally at the descretion of the home secretary

and you will never get rid of wrong convictions, unless you subscribe to the ludicrous concept of being guilt and then being really guilty

so death penalty advocates have to accept that totally innocent men will stand on a trapdoor with a noose around their necks -- waiting

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 22 April 2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 22 April 2009, 10:22 AM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

much as i think a quick capital punishment isn't sufficient - it doesn't really equate with a lifetime of dependancy due to paralysis does it? - it is cost effective for our country and tax payers.

life in a prison just means 3 meals a day, free formal education, free tuition in other criminal arts ready to continue on release ... all at the tax payers expense.

Those who live by the sword
Old 22 April 2009, 10:28 AM
GC8WRX
Scooby Regular

Location: Wanting the English to come first in England for a change!

if it was the other way round, and it was the Asian who was attacked, there would be national outcries of rascism!
Old 22 April 2009, 02:58 PM
New_scooby_04

This kind of crime makes me sick and angry almost beyond words. This scumbag needed to be removed from society for a lot longer than 10 years!

That said, I have never and will never support the death penalty.

10 years was a paltry sentence given the crime. But I believe that reflects the charge being GBH with intent.

Ns04

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 23 April 2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 22 April 2009, 03:02 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Not so. If you introduce the death penalty for those crimes where there is no doubt as to who committed them, i.e. such as Ian Huntley, Mira Hindley types and where the defendants are caught/witnessed committing their crimes you don't have any chance of innocent people suffering the death penalty.
so you subscribe to the ludicrous concept of being guilty and then being really guilty

in law you are either guilty or not, there is no halfway house

all the following were guilty of murder to the same level as Ian Huntley (that is until they were later released as innocent men, often decades later)

Jimmy Robinson - Found Guilty of Murdering 13yr old Schoolboy
Vincent Hickey - Found Guilty of Murdering 13yr old Schoolboy
Michael Hickey - Found Guilty of Murdering 13yr old Schoolboy
Stefan Kiszko - Found Guilty of Murdering 11yr old Schoolgirl
Stephen Downing - Found Guilty of Murdering 17yr old girl
Barry George - Found Guilty of Murdering Jill Dando

and if I could be bothered the list would go on and on

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 22 April 2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 22 April 2009, 03:03 PM
Jap Import
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
And he robbed a 12 y/o girl at knifepoint whilst on bail - how the hell can you get bail when charhged with Murder - this country is going to the dogs.

I hope the POS gets ***-raped and fed on a diet bacon sarines and sausages for the duration of his time in prison!
The country's already gone to the dogs

Quick Reply: It's death sentence time again