alliance-leicester - online banking

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2009, 08:07 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default alliance-leicester - online banking

anybody use it

I moved from Lloyds TSB a couple of years ago, and their internet banking was quite good

but this current "muppet show", i can't ever seem to figure out how much money I have in my account, it shows a running balance, and available balance, but both are crap and apparently not accurate as it shows a positive figure but my card has been declined twice today

anyone else able to compare alliance leicester to a n other online banking system

i have a first direct account aswell and that seem better (but its not my day to day bank account)
Old 20 April 2009, 08:36 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant compare A&L but I have used my First direct as the daily driver for about 5 years now and its faultless.
Change it all over to them, 24 hours a day 7 days a week phone care in British call centre's (not a race thing just easy to discuss issues IMO).
I cant recommend them enough.
Old 20 April 2009, 08:58 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I've just got used to it. I do find the RBS online banking to be much more accurate.
Old 20 April 2009, 09:16 PM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

I use a and l for my business, find them very good on the whole apart from the online banking. It sounds similar to personal banking. No simple statement that shows credit/debits and overal balance like my natwest personal banking.

Chop
Old 21 April 2009, 09:03 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I have an A&L account having moved from LTSB and I get on with it fine. Occasionally it has glitches where it just says it's not available and you have to log back in. Also, twice I've set up payments and they've just disappeared off the system without a trace. The statements are clear enough for me and the available balance shows what you have available after any pending payments have gone out.
Old 21 April 2009, 11:28 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chopper.
I use a and l for my business, find them very good on the whole apart from the online banking. It sounds similar to personal banking. No simple statement that shows credit/debits and overal balance like my natwest personal banking.

Chop
+1 can never understand why payments cleared on a Tuesday show on a Wednesday. They also take 18 working days to clear cheques in US$ but that is OT. At least it's free banking I suppose.
Old 21 April 2009, 05:33 PM
P20SPD
Drag it!

We use A&L for business banking, and their internet banking is appauling when compared with the likes of Lloyds, Barclays, HSBC & RBS.

Granted, its relatively easy to do transactions on there, but trying to figure out whats what is a joke IMO.

Why it takes 3 working days for standing orders to go through, and 2 for BACS i dont know either.