Hotel near Newcastle-Under-Lyme

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2009, 08:12 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hotel near Newcastle-Under-Lyme

Hi all

I am going to be spending some time there soon for work, and I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendation for a hotel. There seems to be a Ramada and a Best Western, anyone know if they are any good, or if theres anywhere nicer ? Have to have internet access (for lonely nights in ) and good bar/restaurant on site or close by !!

Thanks

Dave
Old 19 April 2009, 08:57 PM
ChrisB

The Ramada is right by J15 M6. Little bit isolated - it's on it's own but right next door to a huge housing estate (Westbury Park/Clayton). There's a pub on the estate but I couldn't tell you what it's like.

Which hotel is the Best Western? Moat House at Festival Park? If so, that's the local "Max Power" hangout but you'll have the cinema right opposite and bit more interest at night.

There's brand new Premier Inn at Trentham Gardens which is about 5 to 10 minutes drive from N-u-L (depending on where you're going to). There's a Frankie and Benny's outside and the shopping village there has a few places to eat, some of which I think stay open late. Few pubs within walking distance - depending on what your definition of walking distance is though!

Holiday Inn Express on Trentham Lakes is also well placed and has a Harvester next door.

Borough Arms Hotel is in Newcastle, so plenty of choice of bars/eating/cinema etc but can't say how good it is these days.

HTH,

Chris.
Old 19 April 2009, 11:24 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Cool thanks Chris, I will have to find out exactly where the customer site is.

Dave