Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

UK Parking - Thanks Tesco's

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2009, 10:48 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up UK Parking - Thanks Tesco's

I got a ticket whilst pulled over in Tesco's car park, not on yellow lines, not in disabled bays just at the side of the road, not obstructing anyone.

My daughter was feeling very ill so i stopped to sort her out, not wishing to have the inside of the car coated with vomit. Whilst this was going on i got issued a ticket by some overzealous parking **** from UKPC. I was stopped for some 3 mins i guess, certainly no longer.

I fought it via the info on a consumer forum and started to get nasty solicitor letters stating that if this went to court i could receive end up paying some £200.00+ to include charges. and citing cases where people had lost their case using the same/similar defence.

I got sick of this and contacted the Tesco store duty manager and explained the situation. A week later the ticket was cancelled along with a letter from UKPC confirming this.

Tescos will start getting my business again and i hope the owners of UKPC die horribly!
Old 12 April 2009, 11:05 AM
TINO.wrx
Scooby Regular

the tesco's near me have a 3 hour limit for their car park. i think you should show the **** the signs and tell him what hour means!!Lol
Old 12 April 2009, 11:12 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TINO.wrx
the tesco's near me have a 3 hour limit for their car park. i think you should show the **** the signs and tell him what hour means!!Lol
I wasn't in a defined parking space, and i think they believe they have the right to ticket anybody who is not correctly parked in a parking space.

The bloke was an overzealous **** trying to make his numbers up and justify his job IMHO. Not the sort of company or image i would have thought Tesco would want to be associated with, i guess they get a cut of the revenue and TBH i suppose it is pretty much all about the money.

Still, Tecso lost us as customers for nearly two months, we spend some £ 60.00-80.00 per week at the store on household shopping.

Last edited by The Zohan; 12 April 2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 12 April 2009, 11:15 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Glad they came to their senses Paul, I would be tempted tp write a letter of complaint about the prat who booked you explaining how he was losing them custom.

Les
Old 12 April 2009, 11:17 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

UKPC what delightful people they are they have issued me with 2 tickets. Both were later cancelled.de
Old 12 April 2009, 11:19 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well done Tesco !! Excellent customer care there !

When I worked in ASDA I would have done the same, we would do almost anything to make our customers happy !!
Old 12 April 2009, 11:26 AM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

They are completely un-enforceable (sp?), only the Police and Council can make you pay. All they do is buy your details from the DVLA and try and scare you into paying
Old 12 April 2009, 12:42 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by mamoon2
They are completely un-enforceable (sp?), only the Police and Council can make you pay. All they do is buy your details from the DVLA and try and scare you into paying
Spot on, private parking have no authority to demnad who was driving, so they cant prove anything. Bully tactics is their method for extorting payment. Just ignore all letters.
Old 12 April 2009, 01:11 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Well done Tesco !! Excellent customer care there !

When I worked in ASDA I would have done the same, we would do almost anything to make our customers happy !!
Pity our local ASDA doesnt do the same

Tannoy is always way too loud, the music section has music that loud that the assistant cannot hear you and has to ask 4 or 5 times what you said

The staff are obnoxious, rude, and arrogant, they all fill the shelves on a saturday afternoon when it is their busiest times

They stand their talking about their private lives leaning on the shelves stopping us from seeing the goods, any really good special offers are never in stock for the entire duration of the promotions

They allow the local taxi drivers to use the child & parent bays whilst they wait for punters to finish their shopping

Been to other ASDAs and they seem to be a lot better, but much farther away
Old 12 April 2009, 01:24 PM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

Glad you got the ticket sorted Paul, absolute ***** for issuing it in the first place
Old 12 April 2009, 03:23 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My wife worked for a company who sub-contracted to Tesco and she had to register her car so as not to get a ticket. However, she frequently went to other stores and would get a ticket. She would tell them afterwards if she had a ticket and most of the time it would get cancelled. One time it didn't - was missed and we got threats - I just put them (several) in the bin and never heard anymore about it.
Old 12 April 2009, 08:06 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Success for the common man at last. Clearly even the big guns have to work to retain customers during this recession.
Old 12 April 2009, 09:38 PM
mykp
Scooby Regular

One of my mates got a similair fine from sainsburys, but for not parking correctly in the designated bay. He sent his Nectar card back to sainsburys cut in half with a letter telling them he'll be shopping else where from now on.

They must have looked at his spending routine as they sent a letter from the area manager explaining the cancellation of the fine and an apology via recorded mail.

He spends over £10,000 a year with them.
Old 12 April 2009, 09:48 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Seems rather strange for someone to issue you a ticket for pulling over for 3 minutes while your child vomits on the kerb ..... I just find it staggering that the issuing officer didn't walk away with it secured tightly up their rear end!!
Old 13 April 2009, 09:56 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
Seems rather strange for someone to issue you a ticket for pulling over for 3 minutes while your child vomits on the kerb ..... I just find it staggering that the issuing officer didn't walk away with it secured tightly up their rear end!!
I suggest you try pulling over in a UKPC controlled car park!

Secondly the chap would have got an earful and the ticket 'returned' if i hadn't had better things to do, also with the kids in the car i would always behave.
Old 13 April 2009, 11:32 AM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

You sure you weren't wandering round the shop at the time of issue?

I cannot imagine a fella like yourself standing by and letting someone ticket your car within 3 minutes of stopping
Old 13 April 2009, 02:05 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SunnySideUp
You sure you weren't wandering round the shop at the time of issue?

I cannot imagine a fella like yourself standing by and letting someone ticket your car within 3 minutes of stopping
The pic taken by the parking **** includes me - in the car!