DOHHHHHH !!!!!!! And it was a clean licence

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2009, 11:00 AM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DOHHHHHH !!!!!!! And it was a clean licence

Fek it ...

I got caught speeding the other day. I honestly thought it was a 40mph and got flashed by a camera.
I have now got an intent to prosecute, and looks like im going to court .... 42 in a 30.
I am so annoyed as Im not a fast driver and always drive within the limits of the road and conditions. And have a clean driving licence.

They have addressed the summons to the registered keeper (My Wife) but have issued it to MR First Name and Last name (her first and last name)

Is this a way out of it ?? She's not a Mr

It was a forward facing camera that flashed at me.
Old 11 April 2009, 11:09 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As usual on my trips to Anglesey I spend a couple of weeks waiting for an NIP, drove like a saint, 30 mph in thirties even the ones that were forties before all week, was coming down the dual carriageway and let my speed slip up to perhaps 85/90 as the road was clear, it was dry and was going down a long hill, bloody VOSA people carrier on the bridge, don't know whether they have cameras but they are their for a reason and it isn't a good one. It was parked side on, on a bridge above the road but I coudltn see any camera equipment, just standard side windows, but I suppose they dont need anything poking out to get you.
Old 11 April 2009, 11:12 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wish
Fek it ...

I got caught speeding the other day. I honestly thought it was a 40mph and got flashed by a camera.
I have now got an intent to prosecute, and looks like im going to court .... 42 in a 30.
I am so annoyed as Im not a fast driver and always drive within the limits of the road and conditions. And have a clean driving licence.

They have addressed the summons to the registered keeper (My Wife) but have issued it to MR First Name and Last name (her first and last name)

Is this a way out of it ?? She's not a Mr

It was a forward facing camera that flashed at me.
Get yourself over to Pepipoo. Sounds like you may have an "out" but check carefully first. Is it a summons or a NIP asking the registered keeper to confirm the identity of the driver?
Old 11 April 2009, 11:26 AM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

I seriously doubt that is going to get you out of it to be honest, clearly it has the full name, just the title is wrong, and the address is correct too, I think you are going to have to go to court, say you are very sorry, and it was a slip, you can probably even plead guilty by post. doubt you will get more than 3 points to be fair.
Old 11 April 2009, 11:36 AM
Wish
Scooby Regular

I will accept the 3 points ..... As a "Tax"
But anything more I will be trying to fight it....

Yes its a NIP so Im not even sure if thats 3 points and a fine or Court
Old 11 April 2009, 11:45 AM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

If you go to court you will probably get more points, a higher fine & have to pay court costs. Basically you have to bend over and get shafted, without being lubed up :S
Old 11 April 2009, 12:07 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

I will have to wait and see what the NIP returns ??

42 is a 30 ?? Im thinking it might be a court .....
Old 11 April 2009, 12:33 PM
STi Lou
Scooby Regular

I got done for the same thing mate. 42mph in a 30. The road itself was a very wide road no traffic and actually thought the limit was 40. But hey they got me.
what annoyed me the most was the fact that I have had my licence 16yrs and not once had a conviction for speeding.

I got a fine and 3 points for this incident.

I was thinking of contesting it but then i went to a web site that was listed on the letter they sent and i saw myself sat there all smug in the drivers seat of blue thunder.So I took it in the chin. GRRRR annoying. Good luck
Old 11 April 2009, 12:37 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Thanks ... 3 points isnt that bad .....
Old 11 April 2009, 03:27 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was driving in Manchester last Thursday(A662 Droylsden Road) not sure if i got caught by one of them traffic light camera.Although the front end of my vehicle crossed when the lights were on green,then some **** decided to cut in front of me and go straight on instead of turning right,causing me to stop part way across the junction by that time the lights had changed back to red.One thing i did notice is that they have painted the speed cameras and traffic light camera all red to blend in with the red street lamposts etc.I only seen one truvelo camera along this road with a visible yellow reflector,cunning *******.
Old 12 April 2009, 11:08 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It wont make any difference how safe the piece of road happens to be etc. they look at it in the light that it is restricted to a certain speed and if you exceed it by a big enough amount, you are fair game!

Les
Old 12 April 2009, 11:57 AM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

There is not technicality for them using a Mr and not a Mrs. In the old days there was but legislation was passed to allow for minor mistakes like this as not only speeders but drunnk drivers etc were getting off tickets in court.
I would expect 3 points and a fine if I were you. If it comes back as 6 points my best advice is suck it up, If you go to court you have very little chance of getting a reduced penalty.
Old 12 April 2009, 12:54 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The scamera vans are everywhere here in cornwall this weekend. All in the intrest of safety of course and nothing to do with the easy money to be raked in from the scores of holiday makers visiting.
Old 12 April 2009, 01:47 PM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

Originally Posted by STi Lou
I got done for the same thing mate. 42mph in a 30. The road itself was a very wide road no traffic and actually thought the limit was 40. But hey they got me.
what annoyed me the most was the fact that I have had my licence 16yrs and not once had a conviction for speeding.

I got a fine and 3 points for this incident.

I was thinking of contesting it but then i went to a web site that was listed on the letter they sent and i saw myself sat there all smug in the drivers seat of blue thunder.So I took it in the chin. GRRRR annoying. Good luck
Got done exactly the same - wide road (with service roads to the houses on either side - thought it was a 40 mph. Tried to fight it - 23 years with no conviction, but they didn't want to know.

Offered to take a safer driving course but was told I wouldn't be offered it on this occasion (makes it sound like a habit!!)

Was told the safety camera van locations were put in the local paper and on local radio each week - as I pointed out I was not from that area, and they were clearly only targeting visitors then!!

Had to give up, pay £60 & take 3 points I'm afraid.
Old 12 April 2009, 02:20 PM
SteveScooby
Scooby Regular

42 in a 30 is within the tolerances for getting 3 points and £60