Company/ work expences claim

Search this Thread

Old 07 April 2009, 12:33 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Company/ work expences claim

Here is a question for you...

In the past I have worked for companies in various roles, and at times I have needed to buy things for work, for the vehicle etc, and claimed the money back for them.
On leaving the company, its normal practise to return most material objects that have use left in them. i.e sat nav etc.

I know that a large percentage of people would abuse this to a certain extent, so am not being ignorant here ( not that ignorant anyway )

So now the question.
MP's and their second homes.
Where they rent them, they obviously end the tenancy agreement, but what happens to all the items in the house that have been bought and claimed for?
TV's, washing machines, furniture etc? Surely that should be sold off or used elsewhere?
Old 07 April 2009, 06:34 PM
nixxon
Scooby Regular

Indeed! On losing their seat, the house and all fixtures and fittings should become property of the people, and they should leave their mucky movies somewhere we can find them.
Old 07 April 2009, 07:34 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nixxon
Indeed! On losing their seat, the house and all fixtures and fittings should become property of the people, and they should leave their mucky movies somewhere we can find them.
lol dunno about wanting the mucky movies, or the bed for that matter, but everything else.... community centres, OAP homes, hospitals etc could all benefit from these things. Instead of them all being dished out to family members as I assume they do at the moment.