Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

has anyone canceled their sky subscription to be offered a better package?

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2009, 03:15 PM
delcbr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone canceled their sky subscription to be offered a better package?

right ive got the basic sky box with two mixes knowlege and music thats £17.50 month.
but was thinking i could get the sky hd box but do i have to pay another £10 month to get hd channels?otherwise iam just watching the same picture as the one ive already got lol?

any anyone phoned up to cancel and been given more for less maybe i could go down the iam canceling iam going with virgin route to get more?
Old 12 March 2009, 03:18 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Every 12 months or so.

I ring, say I'm going to cancel, wait for them to offer me something and all is well.

They have really pi55ed me off over getting Multiroom Lite. It takes ages to find someone who knows what you are on about and then on the last time I called I was left on hold for nearly 20 mins and so I gave up.

And don't get me started on HD boxes! I've had a many a coffee fueled rant on here about their failings
Old 12 March 2009, 03:18 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want HD u have to pay for it, simple enough. Sky generally wont discount packages anymore as it devalues their product.
Old 12 March 2009, 03:23 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Sky do offer a 25% reduction as a loyalty perk if you do ring to cancel. But hd you will 100% not get free
Old 12 March 2009, 03:24 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I phoned and said I couldn't afford £37 per month so what packages could I lose. They halved the cost for 3 months. I now need to get back to them. It's just the hassle factor though. dl
Old 12 March 2009, 03:24 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

They offered me a 50% discount for 6 months when I recently dropped movies and sport.
Old 12 March 2009, 03:42 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Sky seemed pretty convinced they will ride the recession out quite comfortably

I don’t have Sky – Free-View is enough and even then I find, when I do have time to watch TV it’s usually Friends – which seems to be on a permanent loop (still funny though)

If I was into watching Premiersh1ts football I would do it online for free!!!

But can it – it would be one of the first things I cancelled

Trending Topics

Old 12 March 2009, 03:52 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Used to have the full Sky package (non HD), at about £44 a month or whatever. When I lost my job, went into financial difficulties yadda yadda, I rang up and said I want to leave. Ended up downgrading to £17.50 a month which basically got me **** all. Wasn't happy so bought a Freeview box to plug in instead, rang Sky up and told them I wanted to leave. Only this time they offered me the **** all £17.50 package for £3 a month for 6 months.

I still told them to bollocks, as they should have offered me this when they were sucking £44 odd from my account every month.

Sport - Justin.tv is your friend
Old 12 March 2009, 03:59 PM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

Try ATDHE.Net - Watch Free Live Sports TV aswell. Every Prem game, and they are in English!
Old 12 March 2009, 09:50 PM
gtijames
Scooby Regular

well.. today i have been off with man flu so decided to get sky+,quite a few of my family and friends have got it lately for a one off payment of £49.when i tried they gave me the usual bollox tring to sell me everything under the sun,stuck to my guns and told them im getting freeview.crack on was the reply from the arsehole from sky.i could tell that i was about to kick off down the phone so i hung up.i then talked the wife into trying she went straight through to cancellations did a bit of sweet talking with them,the result is that were having sky+ fitted on saturday for the bargain one off payment price of £45.happy days
Old 12 March 2009, 10:13 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Sky+ is a life changer
Old 12 March 2009, 10:22 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

you had to pay for sky+ we got it free about 6 months ago ,im now waiting for sky hd to drop the monthly fee as they did with the sky+
Old 12 March 2009, 10:25 PM
wrx300scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by every1sgottablue1
Try ATDHE.Net - Watch Free Live Sports TV aswell. Every Prem game, and they are in English!
Cheers for the link
Old 12 March 2009, 10:30 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't pay for sky+ either, just the £30 connection fee only catch was i had to keep the movies package for a month that way i got the box for free.
Old 12 March 2009, 10:35 PM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hux309
I didn't pay for sky+ either, just the £30 connection fee only catch was i had to keep the movies package for a month that way i got the box for free.

i think that is the deal we got i recognize the keep the movies for a month part
Old 12 March 2009, 10:45 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah good isn't it.

Only trouble is i hardly watch it, tried putting s-video through to the pc tv card but it looked like sky encrypt their outputs, shame.

Half the reason for my getting it was for freesat anyway.
Old 12 March 2009, 10:55 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Every couple of years go Ive lost my job excuse and your payments drop to £1 per month for 6 months !!!

Last year I rang up to cancel when the top box packed up and they wanted £100 to fix it so i said i would cancel so got Sky+ fitted for nothing and £16 a month

You must speak directly to the cancellations Dept NOT the normal sales sections
Old 13 March 2009, 08:41 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

£100?? That's weird there flat rate is £65
Old 13 March 2009, 08:56 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mr brother called up when the sky box broke and they said they wanted a call out fee, he couldn't afford it and told them, they kept lowering the call out fee and he kept saying sorry he really couldn't afford it, which at the time he couldn't.

In the end they reduced his month bill and replaced his box for free !!

Women probably thought he was playing hard ball but he was actually skint.
Old 13 March 2009, 10:03 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by gtijames
well.. today i have been off with man flu so decided to get sky+,quite a few of my family and friends have got it lately for a one off payment of £49.when i tried they gave me the usual bollox tring to sell me everything under the sun,stuck to my guns and told them im getting freeview.crack on was the reply from the arsehole from sky.i could tell that i was about to kick off down the phone so i hung up.i then talked the wife into trying she went straight through to cancellations did a bit of sweet talking with them,the result is that were having sky+ fitted on saturday for the bargain one off payment price of £45.happy days
That surprises me. With the Preselli analogue signal being turned off in August I thought Sky would fall over themselves to give West Walians whatever they wanted.

When I got Sky+ I told them I was working shifts and kept missing everything that was free. When I got HD I told them I'd bought a TV with HD Freeview and they let me have HD half price for 6 months.

They then cocked up and didn't halve the price of my HD so they took the £30 off in one month.

There is still a rumour that the HD subs will be dropped. I'm quiet this morning so going to have another bash at getting multiroom lite.
Old 13 March 2009, 10:10 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

We cancelled sky (even after being a customer for over six years) they couldn't give us a deal...i.e a new/replaced digiboxes, as ours were broken; they wanted to charge. The whole reason for cancelling was we no longer had working equipment able to receive their channels. So common sense dictates; fix the equipment for free or we cancel. Despite cancellations offering discounts and reduced cost to upgrade to sky+, they still wouldn't waive that £60. So we actually cancelled.

Now we get a call every month from Sky asking is there anything they can do to "win" us back.

I tell them, whilst I was still with them I initially wanted them to give me a working reciever so I could actually view their channels, but now I've actually cancelled and gone through the hassle of going to Virgin (not that bad once you get used to the box's "slowness" ), I will only come back if the do me a free HD box, a free Sky+ and free install.

Not had much success yet. Give it time
Old 13 March 2009, 04:10 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

I cancelled as a means of saving money, and they only offered me something once I had cancelled, it was 6 months sky + with multiroom with the full package for I think it was £23.50 per month. I told them no as they didnt offer that at the time. Wasnt a bad deal really though as you wasnt tied into a new contract either
Old 13 March 2009, 09:22 PM
delcbr
Scooby Regular

ok so sky hd i have to pay for.
maybe i should upgrade to the sky+ package am i able to get the full sky+ package for 16.50 a month wqith free installation?
Old 13 March 2009, 09:34 PM
gtijames
Scooby Regular

hmmmmmmmmm i think i will have to get the bread knife to call back and demand a freebee box,if its good enough for people off tinternet then its good enough for me lol.if you look on the sky web site they actually want £159 to supply and fit sky+.there seems to be absolutely no consistancy between customers.