Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Screaming in the Gym

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2009, 01:33 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Screaming in the Gym

Theres a fella who has just started training at the same gym I go to and he screams with every rep .. and I don't mean grunts.. I mean everyone stop what your doing and look over there type scream !

Hes new to the gym and is trying to build up and always has the owner with him, coaching.. but the noises from him .. honestly its like hes being cut open !

I grunt as I would think everyone does .. this guy open mouth, loud as he can arrrrrrhhhhhhhhhh for 10 reps of 3 sets per machine .. I would think he'd have more energy if he kept his gob shut
Old 09 March 2009, 01:35 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is your explanation, he is using machines. They are for girls. Tell him to get on the free weights. Hopefully he will be decapitated by the bar on chest press.
Old 09 March 2009, 01:36 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go on the machine next to him and scream even louder.

I'll give you a fiver if you do it and pretend to have tourettes every time you scream.
Old 09 March 2009, 01:37 PM
AER-SCOOBY
Scooby Regular

Does he growl at himself in the mirror too?
Old 09 March 2009, 01:42 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

lol I remember the days of the screamers.
I was not afraid to let out an "aaaaarrrrrrrgh!" if I was going heavy, but not frequently.

Is he going seriously heavy?
Old 09 March 2009, 01:46 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

OK, here's how to sort it: First, warm up.

Let him do some reps on a weight machine. Preferably an arm exercise that involves arm curls of some sort

Now creep up to the weight stack and pull out the pin...just before he exerts himself. Hopefully he should **** himself on the head and knock himself out.

If not, your already warmed up ready to go for a fast jog
Old 09 March 2009, 01:58 PM
T1000
Scooby Regular

I think he deserves to go on Youtube ;-)

Trending Topics

Old 09 March 2009, 02:01 PM
SteviejayWRX
Scooby Regular

HAHA!, this is awesome!

Get some footage of it on your phone, or at least a sound clip, just hang about near him and tell him how well he's doing, then hit the record button when he screams like a sissy!
Old 09 March 2009, 02:01 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

I'll have to try and record him .. only problem is hes being trained by the owner who is huge .. so if I get caught not only would I get kicked out .. I'll get kicked in too

Hes new to the gym so hes lifting maybe 30kg a side bench... hes giving it his all and doing all the right warm ups etc .. hes just screams lol
Old 09 March 2009, 02:17 PM
SetoN
Scooby Regular

Its amazing how much screaming helps, i think it releases an agression/adrenalin hormone. I however would not 'scream' in a public gym as other people are trying to work out. You would however think my mates garage was a set for the next 'SAW' movie if you walked past whilst we were training

try it

SetoN
Old 09 March 2009, 02:23 PM
Rorschach
Scooby Regular

There is always some idiot who uses the heaviest weights possible, has poor form and is likely achieving nothing while making as much noise as possible.
I just grin at them and get on with my work out.
Old 09 March 2009, 02:25 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SetoN
Its amazing how much screaming helps, i think it releases an agression/adrenalin hormone. I however would not 'scream' in a public gym as other people are trying to work out. You would however think my mates garage was a set for the next 'SAW' movie if you walked past whilst we were training

try it

SetoN
I think your version of screaming would be the same as a lot of the guys in the gym .. this fella is really, really screaming..
Old 09 March 2009, 02:28 PM
NAY93WRX
Scooby Regular

I let out a grunt or two if im lifting heavy.

There was a new guy at my old gym who would walk around the free weights section grunting and constantly rolling his head from side to side as if trying to pysch himself up before dumbell pressing the 30kg's........badly. If your pressing 50kg+ dumbells then apart from me having a hernia im sure id scream

When I was new to the gym I was told concentrate on your form first then slowly increase the weight, these people who start heavy-ish and can't keep it straight make me laugh!
Old 09 March 2009, 02:30 PM
SetoN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
I think your version of screaming would be the same as a lot of the guys in the gym .. this fella is really, really screaming..
I think we need video evidence

SetoN
Old 09 March 2009, 02:30 PM
Rorschach
Scooby Regular

Why does everyone assume the goal of weight training is to lift the maximum weight possible?
The result of that mindset is often 'chickenlegs'.
Old 09 March 2009, 02:32 PM
SetoN
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NAY93WRX
When I was new to the gym I was told concentrate on your form first then slowly increase the weight, these people who start heavy-ish and can't keep it straight make me laugh!
Aye, its not about how much you lift, but how you lift it.
Old 09 March 2009, 02:37 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Years and years ago (sigh) when I was cycling heavily (200+ miles every week), weight training and practicing TaeKwon Do I was a my local gym when a guy like this walked in.

We're all working away with the usual grunts and groans and this guy walks in. Starts on the machines, pops the key about 3 from the bottom straight off and SCREAMS as he's 'working out'. Flaming hell, it was only a small room and I swear the damn noise was echoing!
We all look over at the attendants and they're sitting there dumb struck and shaking their heads at him.
He goes over to the next machine and the same again. 3 from the bottom and SCREAM SCREAM SCREAM!!!!

Oh yeah and after each lift? CRASH. No control coming down, just SCREAM CRASH SCREAM CRASH SCREAM CRASH

ARGH!

He then jumps in front of me to get to the leg press and..... 3 from the bottom... NOISE!

Up he gets and goes to the next one (right next door) chest curls I think it was.

I look right at him and sit down, pop the key in the BOTTOM of the stack and QUIETLY lift the whole thing. Lower it down slooooowly, no noise and up again. 12 times. Then I raise the whole stack and just use my calves up and down 12 times. No noise.

I then finally lower it all down, nice and quiet. He's still watching... I stand up. I walk over to him and SCREAM!!!!!!!

I then walked out of the gym all casual like (got a huge grin off the attendants) and right after the door closed collapsed in the hall in a ball of agony as my flaming legs had locked up!

Last edited by Kieran_Burns; 09 March 2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 09 March 2009, 02:37 PM
SteviejayWRX
Scooby Regular

I train with some real funny *******s, Its hard to train when you have them pulling their training pants up their **** cracks and dancing about to the music like camp body builders.....haha

I've nearly dropped some serious weights on myself just by looking up and spotting them prancing about and taking the ****!

Funny stuff, not sure I could keep myself from laughing if I heard this fella scream like you say, its not normal to do that, specially if its open mouthed and LOUD.

Get your old resonator off your exhaust and ram it down his throat next time he's about to squeel.
Old 09 March 2009, 02:38 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I wear a nappy to the gym, I scream and grunt that hard that I shoot brown bullets out of my ***
Old 09 March 2009, 02:39 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

What a bellend - i just dont see the need for screaming the gym down, i have bit of a grunt but screaming!!!! come on.

The other thing that boils my p1ss is lads walking around as if they've two basketballs under each armpit - fookin turn it in, unless your Ronnie Coleman or Mariusz Pudzionowski you really dont need to be walking like that!!!!!
Old 09 March 2009, 02:43 PM
SteviejayWRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief

The other thing that boils my p1ss is lads walking around as if they've two basketballs under each armpit - fookin turn it in, unless your Ronnie Coleman or Mariusz Pudzionowski you really dont need to be walking like that!!!!!

We have a guy at work like that..........its called I.L.S

'Invisible lat Syndrome'
Old 09 March 2009, 02:53 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

I'm back Wednesday so will do my best to get a recording .. wont be a video though as I like my face ..
Old 09 March 2009, 02:57 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Record Lexington Steels cumshot scream and then when you sit down near him to do your workout. Set it to play on repeat on your phone for the duration of your reps. Open your mouth in time to each 'grunt/scream'
Old 09 March 2009, 03:07 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

My pet peeve at the gym is the blokes who get out almost every set of dumbells and leave them strew round the bench. They will also be the ones who can manage to lift the heavy weights with ease but when it comes to finishing a set and putting them down have to throw them to the floor making as big a sound as possible.
Old 09 March 2009, 03:23 PM
Janspeed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mylesthegreat(not!)
There is your explanation, he is using machines. They are for girls. Tell him to get on the free weights. Hopefully he will be decapitated by the bar on chest press.
LMAO!!!
Old 09 March 2009, 03:28 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

SN vintage gold!
PLEASE get a recording - it sounds hilarious!
Old 09 March 2009, 03:28 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by SteviejayWRX
We have a guy at work like that..........its called I.L.S

'Invisible lat Syndrome'
Love it! They always make me giggle. I once saw a lad come into the gym in a tracksuit (usually a bad sign) walking around as if he owned the place and exhibiting perhaps the worst case of ILS I've ever seen.n

The size of this man mountain?

About 5 feet 7 and 8 stone! Bless him, he made up for it with the posing though.

Right until he got onto the Smiths machine and tried to bench a weight previously used by someone accustomed to the gym (thank goodness they'd used the guards) the noise was brilliant. He psyched himself up with a series of deep breaths and "come ons" he positioned himself, unlatched the bar to a cry of:

"Yeahhhhhhaaaaaarghhhhoooooooooo" as the bar simply crashed onto the guards.

Followed by a whimpered

"f*ck"

Exit gym left to much sniggering....most of which was from me, I'm ashamed to say!
Old 09 March 2009, 03:55 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any steam-train enthusiasts there? The ones that sound like an exploding pressure cooker every rep as they hiss and spit trying to lift weights that are too heavy for them?
Old 09 March 2009, 03:59 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Glad I train at home. Get to play my own music at full blast and don't need to wait for any kit hoggers either!
Old 09 March 2009, 04:01 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Does he scream in the showers as well?

Quick Reply: Screaming in the Gym