Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Vulcan - Final push to £1 Million - nearly there..hours left now...

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2009, 03:20 AM
finchyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope they make it but i feel this will be despite the management of the trust i feel that it's time to get some proper profesional marketing people in there. It has become a bit of farce asking the public to bail them out virtually every 3 months !!!
Old 06 March 2009, 08:59 AM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

Good luck to the supporters of this machine, I won't donate but I do admire the enthusiasm people have for thier hobby.
Old 06 March 2009, 05:35 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Get in

BBC NEWS | England | Leicestershire | Vulcan appeal reaches fund target
Old 06 March 2009, 05:55 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a waste of money imo. People who support this are probably the same as those who are crying poverty for pissing good money in the wind!
Old 06 March 2009, 06:39 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Pledged

(btw what happens now) do iget sent an invoice?

Mart
Old 06 March 2009, 10:19 PM
andys
Scooby Regular

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...PageRunway.gif
Old 07 March 2009, 11:39 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
What a waste of money imo. People who support this are probably the same as those who are crying poverty for pissing good money in the wind!
Consider yourself lucky to be living in a free society-for the moment at least anyway!

Les
Old 07 March 2009, 12:02 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

I soooo wanted to neg this post, but due to the f&ked up board at the moment, there are no neggy buttons or any other buttons thereof

so consider your post negged

Mart
Old 07 March 2009, 01:59 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

why because i speak the truth? Throwing £1million at an obsolete aircraft which will never serve any purpose other than needing more donations in the not so distant future whilst at the same time proper charities are out there at the minute trying to raise money for actual good reasons?
Old 07 March 2009, 02:18 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360
I soooo wanted to neg this post, but due to the f&ked up board at the moment, there are no neggy buttons or any other buttons thereof

so consider your post negged

Mart
Get a grip you child
Old 07 March 2009, 02:59 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

why because i speak the truth? Throwing £1million at an obsolete aircraft which will never serve any purpose other than needing more donations in the not so distant future whilst at the same time proper charities are out there at the minute trying to raise money for actual good reasons?
People have a choice who to dontate to.

The Vulcan is a feat of British engineering and brilliance. Planes like the Vulcan helped keep this country safe, during the cold war. The designers, crews, etc all contributed to this country and along with the BoB Memorial Flight is something that makes me feel proud and take pride in, not too much else these days does.

Last edited by The Zohan; 07 March 2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07 March 2009, 03:01 PM
NXG
Scooby Regular

You're entitled to your opinion of course, no matter how wrong, deluded or communistic it is...
Old 07 March 2009, 03:03 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

so basically even though its been surpassed and is no use to anyone, you think its worth throwing millions at it?

Personally i say sling it in a museum.
Old 07 March 2009, 03:05 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NXG
You're entitled to your opinion of course, no matter how wrong, deluded or communistic it is...
deluded is wasting your time and money on a a piece of cold war technology.
Old 07 March 2009, 03:08 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

so basically even though its been surpassed and is no use to anyone, you think its worth throwing millions at it?

or let people willingly donate and keep it in the air so lots of people can see it fly. No one is making them donate yet they still do. Perhaps some people feel differently to you
Old 07 March 2009, 03:11 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

People must think differently than i do because i believe anyone who could actively donate money to such a pointless cause to be nothing more than stupid.

But then this is the Lottery generation anyway which is used to wasting money on pointless things......
Old 07 March 2009, 03:12 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

deluded is wasting your time and money on a a piece of cold war technology.
well in which case scrap everything as soon as it is out of date, get rid of those classic scoobs for a start. Costs money to keep museums open as well.

Maybe you should look at the bigger picture, it is a symbol of freedom and our ability to produce stunning looking war machines capable of dealing with the best the opposition had to offer.

It is a piece of our history and face it if the Russians had taken this country having seen it to be a soft target unable to defend itself then you would not even be having this debate

Last edited by The Zohan; 07 March 2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07 March 2009, 03:14 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

People must think differently than i do because i believe anyone who could actively donate money to such a pointless cause to be nothing more than stupid.

But then this is the Lottery generation anyway which is used to wasting money on pointless things......
Or maybe just a bit more adult and grown up/worldly wise, proud of their heritage than you appear to be

Ultimately the fund reached its goal so your banal comments are an irrelevance

Do not feed the troll as they say and i am outta here

Last edited by The Zohan; 07 March 2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07 March 2009, 03:18 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
well in which case scrap everything as sokon as it is out of date, get rid of those classic scoobs for a start. Costs money to keep museums open as well.

Maybe you should lok at the bigger picture, it is a symbol of freedom and our abiility to produce stunning looking war machines capable of dealing with the best the opposition had to offer.

It is a piece of our history and face it if the Russians had taken this country having seeen it to be a soft target uable to defend itself then you would not even be having this debate
Point1. I totally agree, Classic Subarus and their rusty arches , should be in the scrap heap to keep them out of the hands of chavs if nothing else.

Point2. Its not a symbol of freedom, it is a symbol of Mans Race For Total Destruction. Maybe we should get pictures of SA80's and hang them in our living rooms? no?

Point3. If Russian had of taken over we would have this debate as i doubt they'd be stupid enough to waste money on keeping a defunct piece of junk flying. Although aren't we lucky we are British as our government is doing a spiffing job in keeping our freedom
Old 07 March 2009, 03:29 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

I'm trying to believe you are being serious and really mean what you say, but then look at your location lol
Old 07 March 2009, 03:39 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyJawa
I'm trying to believe you are being serious and really mean what you say, but then look at your location lol
yes, because Northern Ireland isn't a part of Great Britain thus would not show any affection towards weapons of destruction
Old 07 March 2009, 05:01 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Seeing it in a museum is nothing compared to seeing it fly..

The only other plane using the same power plants, (RR Olympus) is Concorde, and

that's now in a museum

So that in it's self is another reason to keep her in the air.

Mart
Old 07 March 2009, 05:03 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Seeing it in a museum is nothing compared to seeing it fly..

The only other plane using the same power plants, (RR Olympus) is Concorde, and

that's now in a museum

So that in it's self is another reason to keep her in the air.

Mart
Old 07 March 2009, 07:41 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Jamz3k;8560670]Point2. Its not a symbol of freedom, it is a symbol of Mans Race For Total Destruction. Maybe we should get pictures of SA80's and hang them in our living rooms? no?

Perhaps the Vulcan could be considered as a symbol of total destruction, but it turned out that it's very existence played a real part of ensuring that same total destruction never happened. It would be equally valid to consider it as a symbol of peace and freedom.

I don't think the same can be said for the SA80... besides, I'm sure people would rather have photos of something that actually worked on their walls.

Point3. If Russian had of taken over we would have this debate as i doubt they'd be stupid enough to waste money on keeping a defunct piece of junk flying.
Sure they would... if they didn't, they'd have to ground 3/4 of the Russian Air Force.

You are quick to rubbish the opinions of others - which from the fact the required donations were met shows a good deal of popular support for this cause - yet you have not stated what these "proper charities" that are more deserving of the money.
Old 07 March 2009, 10:02 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Big Brother is vastly popular too and people are willing to throw millions at it every week. Doesn't really say much about the reasoning of the general public.

so whats the difference between an SA80 & the Vulcan then? two machines made with one purpose i believe to inflict damage on others! I respect the Soldiers and the Pilots the equipment they use is nothing other than equipment.

How about they pour that 1million into a good cause like helping war veterans.

Quick Reply: Vulcan - Final push to £1 Million - nearly there..hours left now...