Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Jade goody, just months left to live never mind years.

Search this Thread

Old 14 February 2009, 08:35 AM
Borat_Drives_A_Scooby
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jade goody, just months left to live never mind years.

It doesn`t matter how much you dislike someone you have to feel for her and her family, it must be an awful thing for any family or person to experience knowing you are going to leave behind everyone you love.

Jade Goody: Cancer-hit celebrity has just months to live - Telegraph
Old 14 February 2009, 08:40 AM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

Can't stand her, but still a terrible shame for her kids.
Old 14 February 2009, 08:52 AM
paulg1979
Scooby Regular

Such a shame and so young. I feel so sorry for her and the kids and family
Old 14 February 2009, 08:56 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not nice at all I Can't say I'm a fan but I admire the way she has used her bb infamy to make a decent life for her family
Old 14 February 2009, 09:01 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

You would not wish this terrible disease on your worse enemy. I watched my dad literally waste away to nothing with bowel and secondary liver cancer - that was 10 years ago and it still haunts me now.

At least the kids have the dad to comfort and look after them.

Good luck to them all and i am sure that she will make the most of her remaining time with her family.

If her TV show does anything i think it shows how it affects families which cannot be a bad thing as plenty of people going through the same - or sadly will do. Good on her for doing this, she could have just shut herself away.
Old 14 February 2009, 09:05 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Such a shame.
Old 14 February 2009, 09:11 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 84of300
Such a shame.
Indeed.

An attention ***** she maybe, but, on the whole not a bad person.
Old 14 February 2009, 09:18 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by gpssti4
Indeed.

An attention ***** she maybe, but, on the whole not a bad person.
I don't like her, but would not wish what she is going through on my worst enemy.
It does not bear thinking about, being 27 and told you only have months to live.
To lose your Mum at this young age, is tragic for her children
Old 14 February 2009, 09:23 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Arrow

YouTube - Ramones - I Don't Care (Live)
Old 14 February 2009, 09:24 AM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't say I don't like her but I'm not her biggest fan either. To find out she has months to live must be awful for her and her family especially her two boys as they are so young, as is she.
To be honest I prefer her to the other 2 who were caught up in the race row, Jo from S club 7 and that Danielle, don't see or hear much of them at least Jade admitted she was wrong and then still came out of hiding and has brought her self back to the public eye, even if it has been for wrong reasons.
Old 14 February 2009, 09:24 AM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Location: Daily drive is a Scoob again - just what it should be!

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Not nice at all I Can't say I'm a fan but I admire the way she has used her bb infamy to make a decent life for her family
Thought she was dire in BB, but recently found myself watching the documentary about her. She came across very well, although still very blonde.

On every occasion she came across the press she stopped and let them take pictures, and then thanked them - whereas I'm sure a lot of us would have told them where to go.

And the reason she is doing this documentary? To put as much money away for her boys to ensure they are taken care of when (not if) she's gone.

For two little boys to grow up without their mummy is tragic, and I hope she has time to add to their memories before its too late.

She is brave beyond words, and is fighting this dreadful disease with dignity.
Old 14 February 2009, 09:25 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Wow, another Jade Goody thread. Anymore and she will be the Ken Block of NSR.
Old 14 February 2009, 09:43 AM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
Who is Ken Block? I've heard of KenWood................
Old 14 February 2009, 09:59 AM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Not sure I agree with the media hype of jades illness, just imagine if that was your wife or mother planted all over the paper stating that she is going to die!
Old 14 February 2009, 10:09 AM
ritchie21
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott

Could you not just have said nothing than post this?!

I think the reason this is striking a chord with so many people is that it is very much a situation which makes you realise that this really could be you. Jade Goody didn't look ill (I know she'd had bouts of illness before being diagnosed)before being diagnosed and clearly this has been a very aggressive cancer. I know first hand, as do many on here, the evils of this disease. I also know how it feels to have this cancer - I was lucky and had to have a third of my cervix removed and touch wood, am now ok.

But I was only 27 when this happened and I cannot imagine how things would've been if I'd been in Jade's position and facing my own death at such a young age. I don't have children of my own but I do have a stepdaughter who was 9 at the time.

I think that Jade has conducted herself with remarkable dignity. This has nothing to do with whether people like her or not and I know that there are thousands of others suffering in the ame way. But the fact that she's trying to provide for her boys future and at the same time, promote awareness of younger people to the importance of being checked out on a regular basis (whether it's smear test, breasts, ********* or prostrate) is admirable.

I guess the old saying should apply here "If you don't have anything nice to say then say nothing".

I hope Jade manages to enjoy the time she has left with her boys.
Old 14 February 2009, 10:11 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

Call me Mr Cynical if you like but I do wonder if she'll have a miraculous recovery in a few months time
Old 14 February 2009, 10:19 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I am really sorry for her and her family.

Whatever she appeared to be like on TV was manufactured by the media plonkers, I believe she is a good person at heart as she has in fact demonstrated.

She is going to have a terrible time from now as anyone who has seen someone die of cancer will tell you. Even if she was as bad as she was portrayed on TV she would not deserve such an early death and also such an awful way to go.

If you can't understand why I say that, try to put yourself in her place an imagine how you would feel and what sort of sympathy you might expect from others. Surely it is not that difficult to find a bit of honest sympathy for her regardless of your opinion of her.

Les
Old 14 February 2009, 10:23 AM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
+1
Old 14 February 2009, 10:42 AM
jonny_693
Scooby Regular

I'd rather feel sorry for Everyone else in the world who is going through the same thing. I don't have a lot of respect for the woman personally. More fool the people who read/watch this tat.
Old 14 February 2009, 10:47 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Sometimes you have to wonder about the ages and amounts of (if any) life experiences of some of the people on SN.

I lost my dad to cancer and a friend who was in her twenties.

Cancer is a nasty vile condition witch eats people up. It is excruciatingly painful for the person with it and the treatment involves pretty much poisoning yourself with radiation and some nasty operations.

To top it off watching someone you love of of cancer is tough painful. Her children will be left without a mother for a start. She will be someones daughter herself.

If her (Goody) on TV wart and all helps ONE person then good on her. Maybe people should put aside personal feeling towards her and watch or see what happens to give them a little experience of just how bad cancer is on all those involved!

Last edited by The Zohan; 14 February 2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 14 February 2009, 10:51 AM
DJ_Jon
911 C4 pilot

Wow.. another Jade Goody thread

I seriously doubt any of us know her personally, so how does anyone here know if she is a good or bad person?

I feel sorry for her children, I don't feel sorry for her. that is my opinion & that is all it is, an opinion. If I ever get to meet her then I might change my opinion about her.

I do hope she doesn't suffer too much though.

Last edited by DJ_Jon; 14 February 2009 at 12:33 PM.
Old 14 February 2009, 11:21 AM
mykp
Scooby Regular

Sad if true, but

Originally Posted by jods
Call me Mr Cynical if you like but I do wonder if she'll have a miraculous recovery in a few months time
cant help thinking the same, especially as Max Clifford is her publicist

time will tell.
Old 14 February 2009, 11:47 AM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Well as sad as any cases like this are if she hadn't done the things she has no one would know who she was, there are many people out there suffering the same or even worse so why should one person be highlighted like she is.
After all she'll be making money from this sad situation which will obviously go to her kids etc, but what about those who don't have the same media hype for there case are their families just left to suffer.
Old 14 February 2009, 11:59 AM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

I can't stand Jade's tv image and have no idea what's she is like day to day in her private life but i will say its a real shame for kids no matter what i think of her.
One thing i don't like is the need for Max Clifford and his money making machine to appear on tv etc piping on about her. As it appears she has limited time why not concentrate on 'private' time with her family, not wasting it on media coverage.
Now it is announced that she is to marry her so called boyfriend who i believe is a dubious character i fear an ok/hello deal in the pipeline, sad if it happens.
Lets face it i think she is already financially sound so why waste time grabbing a few extra pounds.

Nik.
Old 14 February 2009, 12:03 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Poor girl and her poor kids.

Absolutely awful to see someone waste away with the big C. Shame on those making light of it because they don't like her. I hope you never have to see someone you love go like this - it's horrible to see.
Old 14 February 2009, 12:12 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
Poor girl and her poor kids.

Absolutely awful to see someone waste away with the big C. Shame on those making light of it because they don't like her. I hope you never have to see someone you love go like this - it's horrible to see.
Already have seen it FP. - It was devastating. That said, I have no feelings either way about Jade. I'm not sad about it - I'm not happy about about it, I just do not care about it.

Callous? Maybe

Do I care about anything ? Sure I do, Family comes first, Neighbourhood comes next, Country next, Western Civilisation, World etc etc. Self Centred perhaps but that's my approach for now until someone can tell me why I should adopt a different approach.
Old 14 February 2009, 12:29 PM
Nurse Gladys
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jods
I am all for free speech and everyone has their own opinion;

I think you'll find she signed with Mr Clifford in her early 'naive' BB days so is no doubt locked into some sort of 'life sentence' with him.

Having seen the bit on telly when Jade started losing her hair due to the painful & intense treatment makes me sure this is not some media hype - either that or she deserves an Oscar, because it all looked pretty real to me (and pretty drastic for a bit of publicity).

If she choses to let the media in to see her last few months (and get paid for it) then good on her.

Certainly at 27 I didn't see the importance of smears & though Cerviacal Cancer on happened to a few 'older' people. I was lucky, it was all caught very early.

If Jade being splashed all over the media helps just one girl (and family) avoid what she and her family are going through then good on her.

If she does make a remarkable recovery (and for her boys sake I really hope she does) I will be the first to eat my words.
Old 14 February 2009, 12:40 PM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

Shame she went running of to India to try and make money on the advice of Max Clifford, her publisher, rather than listen to the doctors. They might have had a chance to help her if she bothered to go back for the tests when they asked her to, not months later when it suited her career.

As sad as it is, people should learn from this - Money isn't everything. (Although I blame Max, he probably had her believing it was the right thing to do.)
Old 14 February 2009, 02:52 PM
taffyboyo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJ_Jon
Wow.. another Jade Goody thread

I seriously doubt any of us know her personally, so how does anyone here know if she is a good or bad person?

I feel sorry for her children, I don't feel sorry for her. that is my opinion & that is all it is, an opinion. If I ever get to meet her then I might change my opinion about her.

I do hope she doesn't suffer too much though.
the 27 year old girl has just been told she is not going to survive and you dont feel sorry for her
I dont know her but I do feel sorry for her and all her relatives, not just her though- I feel sorry for everyone that has experience with this horrible life taking desease,

Quick Reply: Jade goody, just months left to live never mind years.