Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

how do u guys destress / anger

Search this Thread

Old 08 February 2009, 12:53 AM
mje_wrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do u guys destress / anger

dunno y but lately iv been mega adjitated, no matter what i do.
im calm in work, its mainly when i get home, feel all pi$$ed off and wound up.
little things make me wanna go nuts.

my hobbie is cars, btu i think i need 2 vent my fustrations elsewhere, as i cant fixing cars or driving mine.

im not a nasty guy, ppl think i chilled. mayb the problem is i just ignore it, bottle up, and every now n again wanna go nuts, everything gets to me, ppl in work adjitate me,misses, even my pets.

i can keep my head easily, never lash out or grip ppl doing my head in. but im starting to feel like im gonna explode.

issue is, i think if i do, id seriously hurt someone, lol, im 6'3, 16stone and pretty agile and ex rugby player, btw im 23.

wonder what u guys do when u get all
Old 08 February 2009, 01:06 AM
Will
BANNED

NEVER bottle it up mate, i did and i got psoriasis and had it for years.

I was the same brill in work and when i got home i didnt want to know and everything pissed me off!!! even the small things pissed me off like if my inlaws or anything was over at the house id giva a ' cant i be left a fukcing alone to eat my tea' even didnt want to know what the missis had to say! could be depression too. My bro had it and it crept up on him with out him knowing it!! and yes letting steam out does help via someone to alk too, try the misss or your dad or bro.

dont ever bottle it in it will make you senile lol.

good luck
Old 08 February 2009, 01:14 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

After managing to understand your post I just blow a fuse. Does the world of good to let off steam.

All is calm. until the next time
Old 08 February 2009, 07:21 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to the local forest with my i pod and Run/jog,or go for an hour on the Rowing machine,feel a lot better afterwards.Or crank the music up and have some physical sex lol ..I still got all my gear from kickboxing so ill hang the punchbag up and have a crack at that for 30 mins..
Old 08 February 2009, 08:02 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

I play Golf - nothing like venting your frustration on a tiny ball with a huge driver!! LOL!
Also mountain bike, lift weights (not as much as I used to)

And as I work in a Sound Proofed area, I take the time to go in a room and shout a lot!!LOL!!

It's amazing how it has caught on with other staff members

However, EVER bottle it up - can only lead to self-destruction.

Dan
Old 08 February 2009, 09:03 AM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't bottle it up though i used to, the trick is learning to let go and it's very hard to master.
Old 08 February 2009, 09:07 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Smile

Hi,

Have you hobbies/another sport to replace Rugby, you mention being an ex rugby player and from experience that includes the social life and training aspects as well as matches.

Rugby is a great sport in all sorts of ways, maybe you need to fill the gap, assuming it has left one, you may not even realise it has.

Just a guess
Old 08 February 2009, 09:10 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Hammer + old doors = anger management

When I used to do mechanical repairs I'd keep an old door in the corner of the workshop so when I got Pi55ed off with a job I'd smash the hell out of the door rather than the job.

Works well but you may need a good supply of old doors/pallets.
Old 08 February 2009, 10:24 AM
stuart n
Scooby Regular

I run 5km + 3 times a week down the gym. I was really stressed out before christmas and any sort of exercise is a great way to unwind, feeling much better for it now
Old 08 February 2009, 10:33 AM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Kick the dog
Old 08 February 2009, 10:33 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

May I suggest the occasional..

Old 08 February 2009, 10:38 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by cookstar
May I suggest the occasional..

Best not smoke too much of that around your lady, cookie. Otherwise, when the baby pops out he won't cry, he will just be saying, hey man, cooool
Old 08 February 2009, 10:44 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

lol, I haven't had a joint in years, we get randomly wee tested in work.

and it's she btw.
Old 08 February 2009, 10:45 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Excersise helps me stay calm, also I feel a 100 times better now I have stopped drinking alcohol. Started as a new years resoloution to give up for a month but I feel so great I'm going to stick with it until march
Old 08 February 2009, 10:49 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i bottle it up as well, last time i let it all out i trashed my own living room not sure what i gained from it as i had to tidy it back up afterwards pmsl

i hulked the place up good

to be honest i usually have a pint afterwork and it seams to help a lot!
Old 08 February 2009, 10:53 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by cookstar
lol, I haven't had a joint in years, we get randomly wee tested in work.

and it's she btw.
oops, sorry about that. She
Old 08 February 2009, 10:57 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

On a serious note, rather than trying to deal with the anger/mood/stress, try to find out whats making you angry/moody/stressed in the first place, and deal with it at source. Is it your job? If so change it.

Prevention is better than cure.
Old 08 February 2009, 11:06 AM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

I go and put lots of little holes in targets (archery)

Although that can act as a blow up trigger when my form is off and I can't shoot to my usual standard.
Old 08 February 2009, 11:11 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am much more chilled when I cycle to work, didnt last week cos of the weather and felt grumpy and lardy.

Sex, Exercise, Fresh air, no booze or other substances, eat well, drink lots of water.
Old 08 February 2009, 11:44 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

On a serious note, rather than trying to deal with the anger/mood/stress, try to find out whats making you angry/moody/stressed in the first place, and deal with it at source.
Well said there

If its "nothing" that is making you angry, create "something" to excite and involve you positively. As some have already suggested here, take up exercises or any other creative hobby that may please you.

If none of the techniques suggested in this thread work, get a referral via your GP to a CBT therapist, and work at it with him/her. During the therapy, it may become apparent if you need to be furthered, to diagnose any possibility of some kind of disorder or learning difficulty. In that case, medication should help.

Please don't take the last lines of above paragraph in a negative way. I am aware of some cases when people couldn't help themselves with self-help and behavioural therapies, and its the medication that controlled their behaviour.

Last edited by Turbohot; 08 February 2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08 February 2009, 11:52 AM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

get a nice hobby as suggested above.

lately i've found wandering about with my camera quite relaxing.....

lol at Ed smashing **** out of poor innocent pallets !!
Old 08 February 2009, 11:55 AM
Lily The Beige
Scooby Regular

When I reach bursting point I can draw how I feel, wierd abstract stuff. When I was very depressed it was the only thing that offered relief. I am better at recognising stress earlier now and believe that depression is anger we bottled up at some point. So do whatever helps now.
Old 08 February 2009, 01:06 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Exercise, grab the mountain bike, and pedal off into the sunset....

With lights of course !

dunx
Old 08 February 2009, 01:40 PM
mje_wrx
Scooby Regular

so good suggestions there, i do suffer with anxiety due to ibs, which iv been seeing a cbt professor for, which is now becoming under control. and things like my inlaws popping over can do me in when i get in from work and just want an hour to relax. last 2 days iv been pi$$ed as a neighbour came and had a pop when i was fixing a mates car out garage as his car was angled accross lane, plenty of room to pass, but his son in law wudbt drive through, so he came out and made me look a tw@t infront of 3 mates as i he went nuts, but i managed 2 be diplomatic and nice, thats really wound me up. wish i piped up and told him where to stick it. work is annoying me, im a panel beater painter apprentice, 99% complete, need to i show 1 jig job, but as im not fully complete they send me out on recovery truck everyday full time as driver left 12 months ago. and i kno it sounds petty, but i bend over bkwards 2 help ppl, yet when i ask for sumut small, i get no help, but 4 some reason i cant say nout, just keep going through the motions. for instance, my manager in works son who is 13 wanted the lg renoir, but on hisn upgrade it wud av cost him £150, my upgr was due same time, and i cud get phone for free. so i sed he can have my upgr, il av whetever phone they can have for freeand some cash. thats 2 weeks ago, and no matter how much i ask, nothing gets done, dont even kno what phone i cud have and we avnt discussed the cash aspect, just gets 2 me, thinks im worried to confront ppl for my personal gain, not to fall out ith them, and i think that if i did, id just erupt, so im basically sacred of my actions. thats alot off my chest, lol
Old 08 February 2009, 02:20 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Its all in the mind .You need to think of happy thoughts .Dont get dragged down with all the negative things going on .
Easier said than done I know but ,try and exclude the bad things that crop up in your head and replace with better thoughts,eg things that make you laugh,forthcoming hols,what you want in the future etc,etc .
Give it a try .I am not saying its easy ,but cut out the negatives .
Old 08 February 2009, 02:23 PM
falkster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300
After managing to understand your post I just blow a fuse. Does the world of good to let off steam.

All is calm. until the next time
About bang on!!! I had a really bad temper when I was growing up (still probably worse than most peoples now) and my dad got me into boxing....didnt work. I dont think unless you really blow your gasket you dont relieve the pressure.

As Im now in my 30s I can control it more but its a hard wife that keeps me calm now and the only times I lose it is when she's not there to stop me......she can see something brewing beit on a night out or shopping and she'll just say 'Falky' in wifey way.
Old 08 February 2009, 03:37 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

how do u guys destress / anger
Hit things repeatedly
Old 08 February 2009, 03:47 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mje_wrx
so good suggestions there, i do suffer with anxiety due to ibs, which iv been seeing a cbt professor for, which is now becoming under control. and things like my inlaws popping over can do me in when i get in from work and just want an hour to relax. last 2 days iv been pi$$ed as a neighbour came and had a pop when i was fixing a mates car out garage as his car was angled accross lane, plenty of room to pass, but his son in law wudbt drive through, so he came out and made me look a tw@t infront of 3 mates as i he went nuts, but i managed 2 be diplomatic and nice, thats really wound me up. wish i piped up and told him where to stick it. work is annoying me, im a panel beater painter apprentice, 99% complete, need to i show 1 jig job, but as im not fully complete they send me out on recovery truck everyday full time as driver left 12 months ago. and i kno it sounds petty, but i bend over bkwards 2 help ppl, yet when i ask for sumut small, i get no help, but 4 some reason i cant say nout, just keep going through the motions. for instance, my manager in works son who is 13 wanted the lg renoir, but on hisn upgrade it wud av cost him £150, my upgr was due same time, and i cud get phone for free. so i sed he can have my upgr, il av whetever phone they can have for freeand some cash. thats 2 weeks ago, and no matter how much i ask, nothing gets done, dont even kno what phone i cud have and we avnt discussed the cash aspect, just gets 2 me, thinks im worried to confront ppl for my personal gain, not to fall out ith them, and i think that if i did, id just erupt, so im basically sacred of my actions. thats alot off my chest, lol
Jesus H Christ try and read that back to yourself before posting it..
That alone makes me want to punch things