Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Cat shot in the face at very close range

Search this Thread

Old 02 February 2009, 10:14 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat shot in the face at very close range

that was the verdict of the Vet this evening for our cat after seeing him this morning looking injured in some way

He went to the Vets and first thoughts were that he had had a near miss with a car, or misjudged a jump and damaged his face and eye

Finally after x-rays sedation and thorough inspection it turns out he has been shot in the face close to the eye at very close range, and luckily no bones are broken

He does have a swollen and bruised mouth, and a broken tooth and the bullet is still lodged in his neck somewhere

He is staying over in the vets and is being treated for shock, blood loss etc first before deciding whether to remove the bullet or not

I know a few people on here joke (or perhaps not) about shooting cats, but there are some seriously sick twisted individuals out there to actually do something like this

Sadly we have no idea who did it, nor are we likely to find out either, and its unlikely the police will be interested either
Old 02 February 2009, 10:19 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Sick, there should be custodial sentences for crimes as low as this.
Old 02 February 2009, 10:20 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Sorry to hear that Steve, hope the cat recovers ok, there really are some sick b@stards out there!
Old 02 February 2009, 10:20 PM
audioscape
Scooby Regular

sorry to here that our cats are part of the family and the kids would be devistated. whats the point of doing this to a animal that can not defend its self against a mindless ****. in my eyes nearly as bad as a paedophile. hope moggie will be ok, if people do not want cats in their garden buy an electronic cat repeller they only cost 14.00.
Old 02 February 2009, 10:24 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Not nice. Makes you wonder about some people who shoot other peoples pets.
Old 02 February 2009, 10:24 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Christ, thats awful Steve.
Happened to our cat too. He was shot with an air rifle, right between the eyes. Vet says he was held down. He was only a kitten. He lived to tell the tale.
The pellet was removed from his neck Police matched the pellet to 3 teenage lads doing the rounds, shooting at all and sundry.

Guess what, even though they had the pellet match to the gun, no one witnessed the cat getting shot, so they got away with it

If I ever catch the buggers

Fingers crossed, Steve
Old 02 February 2009, 10:26 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

the Vet doesnt seem to think anything will happen, but might be worth a phone call in the morning, when I speak to the insurance folks

We have been round to tell the neighbours (as there are a few cat / dog owners in the street)

It is something that we read about in the local paper every once in a while

This isnt or certainly doesnt seem like a my cats sh*t in someones garden so they are going to stop it kind of action, this is more like a case of brutality from the local crack heads

Vet said he is one hell of a lucky cat and has certainly used more than one of his lives, it was the last thing he was expecting to see too

He couldnt or didnt say the gun/rifle/bullet type but im guessing some kind of air rifle as I have previously (although not for some years now) seen a few dodgy folk shooting them across the road in the wooded area
Old 02 February 2009, 10:27 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

know where your comming from m8, some ar$3hole ran over my cat on friday night and never stopped, whats worse is i actually seen it happen but run to the cat before i thought about looking at the cars reg

R.I.P
Old 02 February 2009, 10:27 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by +Doc+
Sick, there should be custodial sentences for crimes as low as this.
There is, but the courts never hand them out. We have some of the toughest gunlaws in the world.

A driving conviction can stop you owning a firearm!
Old 02 February 2009, 10:28 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300
Christ, thats awful Steve.
Happened to our cat too. He was shot with an air rifle, right between the eyes. Vet says he was held down. He was only a kitten. He lived to tell the tale.
The pellet was removed from his neck Police matched the pellet to 3 teenage lads doing the rounds, shooting at all and sundry.

Guess what, even though they had the pellet match to the gun, no one witnessed the cat getting shot, so they got away with it

If I ever catch the buggers

Fingers crossed, Steve

Cheers Lee

The Vet has said that hopefully he will be able to save his eye, but the brusing and swelling in the mouth / head area may cause further complications, but he is optimistic and at this point doesnt know whether to remove the bullet/pellet or not, the remaining part of the tooth will have to be removed in a short while, once he has made a recovery from the shock etc
Old 02 February 2009, 10:28 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sad ***** need locking up.

Do you live in a built up area?
Old 02 February 2009, 10:30 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TerzoAlan

Not really a built up area, I live about 4 doors from horse stables, and a major police training unit, opposite the house is a small wooded area

further up the road there is a more densley populated area where the local asbo's hang out
Old 02 February 2009, 10:32 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
know where your comming from m8, some ar$3hole ran over my cat on friday night and never stopped, whats worse is i actually seen it happen but run to the cat before i thought about looking at the cars reg

R.I.P
awwww, what a lovely cat. So sorry for you

Here is my lad, who got it in the head. He is blind in one eye now, thanks to those little toerags
Old 02 February 2009, 10:36 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 84of300
awwww, what a lovely cat. So sorry for you

Here is my lad, who got it in the head. He is blind in one eye now, thanks to those little toerags
nice cat what breed is he?

was gutted to say the least after it happened couldent eat a thing on friday or saturday i was that depressed, surprising just how attached you can become with an animal
Old 02 February 2009, 10:38 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

sorry to hear that mate. hope all works out well for the poor little moggie. Its a bit extreme to go shooting cats in the face...
Old 02 February 2009, 10:39 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sonic'
Not really a built up area, I live about 4 doors from horse stables, and a major police training unit, opposite the house is a small wooded area

further up the road there is a more densley populated area where the local asbo's hang out
Thought so. If there's a dodgy estate or whatever up the road then that says it all. Those idiots have ruined things for everyone that uses air rifles/shotguns properly, by doing things like this.

I grew up on a farm which my grandad used to own, but retired when I was born, and gave two of the farm cottages to my Mum and Aunt. Whether it was legal or not, I was shooting air guns since 10 years old(supervised - about 13 on my own), and then shotguns later on. I have never once done anything like that, and have never had any accidents. Infact, I bet there has never been one single incident involving air guns in the surrounding countryside here...or most of the farms in Scotland for that matter.

But because some little tw*t in an estate in Glasgow shoots someone in the face, the age limits go up, and it becomes much more difficult to buy them, ruining things for everybody.

Old 02 February 2009, 10:40 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

The Asbo kids in the woods were stopped some years ago by the police

RA Dunk, sorry to hear that, it happened to my old cat a few years ago, only we only found her a week later still in the same spot she was run over in
Old 02 February 2009, 10:40 PM
SunnySideUp
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this Sonic .........

I may not like cats that much, more of a big dog man, but I can understand your pain and annoynce .... hope something can be done.
Old 02 February 2009, 10:42 PM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Thought so. If there's a dodgy estate or whatever up the road then that says it all. Those idiots have ruined things for everyone that uses air rifles/shotguns properly, by doing things like this.

I grew up on a farm which my grandad used to own, but retired when I was born, and gave two of the farm cottages to my Mum and Aunt. Whether it was legal or not, I was shooting air guns since 10 years old(supervised - about 13 on my own), and then shotguns later on. I have never once done anything like that, and have never had any accidents. Infact, I bet there has never been one single incident involving air guns in the surrounding countryside here...or most of the farms in Scotland for that matter.

But because some little tw*t in an estate in Glasgow shoots someone in the face, the age limits go up, and it becomes much more difficult to buy them, ruining things for everybody.

I know what you mean

2 of my neighbours both have several guns, and occasionally one or two people go on the fields at the back of the house to shoot, but they are all licensed firearms carriers and have gaming and foxing licences (or whatever the terminology is) as they keep the fox numbers down
Old 02 February 2009, 10:44 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

#

I live in the middle of nowhere and the sad little ******* still got my cat

RA Dunk, he is an Oriental.

Steve, again fingers crossed for you. I remember your last cat

There are some horrible, horrible sickos in this world
Old 02 February 2009, 10:55 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

Awww the poor cats, I hope your kitty is better soon Steve.

RA DUNK im so sorry about your cat thats so sad

I can honestly say in 4 years of driving I have never hit an animal.

Last year i seen a cat in the middle of the road obviously somone had ran it over and left it at the side of the road i got out and moved it onto the pavement as it didn't have a collar on and i didnt know who it belonged too. It was already dead by the time i found it

Steph xx
Old 02 February 2009, 11:06 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

I know what you mean

2 of my neighbours both have several guns, and occasionally one or two people go on the fields at the back of the house to shoot, but they are all licensed firearms carriers and have gaming and foxing licences (or whatever the terminology is) as they keep the fox numbers down
At the end of the day it's the way people are brought up. The kind of people that shoot cats and boast about asbo's will have had a poor upbringing: either spoiled rotten and let away with whatever they like, or just crap parenting/abuse. So how much of it is their fault? They are doomed as soon as they're born...although it'll then be a cycle where they bring their kids up in the same way and so on.
Old 02 February 2009, 11:56 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

NM

Last edited by vindaloo; 02 February 2009 at 11:58 PM. Reason: not particularly helpful!
Old 02 February 2009, 11:56 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

that was the verdict of the Vet this evening for our cat after seeing him this morning looking injured in some way

He went to the Vets and first thoughts were that he had had a near miss with a car, or misjudged a jump and damaged his face and eye

Finally after x-rays sedation and thorough inspection it turns out he has been shot in the face close to the eye at very close range, and luckily no bones are broken

He does have a swollen and bruised mouth, and a broken tooth and the bullet is still lodged in his neck somewhere

He is staying over in the vets and is being treated for shock, blood loss etc first before deciding whether to remove the bullet or not

I know a few people on here joke (or perhaps not) about shooting cats, but there are some seriously sick twisted individuals out there to actually do something like this

Sadly we have no idea who did it, nor are we likely to find out either, and its unlikely the police will be interested either
This sort of thing makes my blood boil. How anyone could do something like that is beyond comprehension to me. If you could catch the sick b**tards I would like to see the same done to them. Or maybe pop them in the local wildlife park tiger enclosure at feeding time and see how they feel about their victim's somewhat larger cousins
Old 03 February 2009, 12:26 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

The Asbo kids in the woods were stopped some years ago by the police

RA Dunk, sorry to hear that, it happened to my old cat a few years ago, only we only found her a week later still in the same spot she was run over in
heart breaking isnt it, at least ours died in the house with us, thats about the only good thing out of it
Old 03 February 2009, 10:12 AM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

My old cat was shot with an air rifle when she was about 4 years old and she died at 18 with the pellet still in her. It had started off in her thigh and over the years moved around to her baggy little tummy. You could see it through the skin. The vet couldn't take it out when she was first shot, because it was in the muscle. We were pretty damn sure it was our next door neighbour at the time, who was a complete ****. He was always going on about 'When he was in the Marines', and we knew for a fact he had an air rifle and pistol, but when our other neighbours had found a rat in the garden, he couldn't kill it. He'd rather pick on our cat who was minding her own business sitting in our garden.

There are some really sick, horrible ******* out there.
Old 03 February 2009, 10:17 AM
Lady T
Scooby Regular

OMG thats terrible!!!! I hope the sickos get what the deserve!!

Quick Reply: Cat shot in the face at very close range