Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Quick Ebay /distance selling question

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2009, 08:08 PM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Ebay /distance selling question

is it the seller's repsonsibility to make sure the item is received, or just posted?
I'm asuming the latter, but I have a really weird and aggresive buyer who hasn't received the item I sent (perfectly packeged, return addres etc)
they haven't replied to any emails, including me offering a refund, and have raised a claim through Paypal.
I have proof of purchase, but not registered.
I expect to pay out, and hopefully can make a claim, but I'm really annoyed I can' do anything about their behaviour. If a human check the claim they'll see I offered to sort it out and they didn't reply, but I doubt that will matter.

one of many odd things is they stated they only have trouble from UK sellers, but their address in in the uk
Old 29 January 2009, 08:12 PM
Rob_Impreza99
Scooby Regular

Did you send it sign for or recorded delivery so that the person recieving the goods has to sign for it ? On ebay i send anything i sell recorded delivery or sign for as a minimum.
Old 29 January 2009, 08:13 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

When i sell i always send recorded delivery as it doesn't cost that much more. That way they should get it and if they claim they haven't i have a number to track within the postal system.
Any grief from the seller simply inform them you are forwarding it on to Ebay for them to review and deal with.

Nik.
Old 29 January 2009, 08:47 PM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

no it wasn't recorded. I sent a book recorded this morning which cost about twice the standard rate
I'll just charge more in future and send registered.
Old 29 January 2009, 09:32 PM
miff13
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pwhittle
no it wasn't recorded. I sent a book recorded this morning which cost about twice the standard rate
Sorry but you're buggered, if you can't prove receipt paypal will side with the buyer! Always send recorded as long as the item isn't over the compensation limit for recorded, or special delivery, and make the buyer pay by increasing your p&p rates.
Old 29 January 2009, 09:36 PM
4X4BOB
Scooby Regular

It's up to the seller to make sure the buyer gets the item by a trackable means. If you don't do that, then its down to you to sort out missing items.
Old 29 January 2009, 09:48 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Ive sold alot of stuff on Ebay. Some cheap, some expensive.

You sometimes get people who receive things but say they havent and make a claim, hence getting stuff for free. I ALWAYS get proof of postage for cheaper stuff sent, that way you can claim upto £32 IIRC via the post office.

Anything expensive i would use Recorded Delivery or Special Delivery if over £32.

Basically, you'll end up refunding and lose out if you cant prove it was received but you may be able to claim upto £32 from the PO.

Trending Topics

Old 29 January 2009, 09:53 PM
urdad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pwhittle
For the sake of 72 pence it isn't worth the grief..
Old 30 January 2009, 08:47 AM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urdad
For the sake of 72 pence it isn't worth the grief..
not for 72p, but they chahred me over £4 to send a book recorded, which from experience I would have expcted to be no more than £2.50

I've sold over 200 item on Ebay fro 99p to £3k, and so far not really had any problems. I don't so much mind looosing out on this one, it's just that the buyer deserves a smack in the mouth, not a refund!
Old 30 January 2009, 09:03 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Sounds like it wasn't recorded, that is only about 72p extra than the usual postage price.

I am having a similar feeling at the moment that someone is going to say they haven't received something as I posted it on Monday and had no feedback left or anything. Have sent an email to the buyer, so shall see what happens....
Old 30 January 2009, 10:03 AM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

seller is responsible for the purchaser/customer to receive the goods if they dont arrive it is down to you the seller.
Recorded will solve 99.9% of your lost parcel problems.

We ran a test.. sent out 200 parcels first class over a period of 1 week for ebay sales, 46 of them were reported as not received. we also sent out 200 parcels first class from our website sales over the same period none were reported as not received.

We then did the same test again but sent the same amount of ebay parcels out all recorded (72p)ALL the parcels were received!

What did this tell us?

A lot of the people on ebay are scum!