Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bleedin' TalkTalk

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2009, 09:25 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Bleedin' TalkTalk

Phoned up TalkTalk tonight because my phone line kept dropping in and out. Got through and was asked some security questions. Can you please confirm your landline number, address, post code, name and the bank your direct debit is drawn from. The address and postcode correlate to the phone number but unfortunately sir your name and bank name are incorrect. Whilst on the phone I logged onto both my bank, showing a direct debit paid to talktalk and my talktalk account with name showing in the details.

I gave the woman in the call centre my account number to which she replied....

I see the problem sir, you are a onetel customer, I cannot help you.

FFS, I signed up direct with talktalk, my account details are with talktalk, my direct debit is with talktalk and who the fvck are onetel. God only knows where my personal details are at the moment

Anyone else had any problems with talktalk. I've sent my written rant to OfCOm and Trading Standards as well as TalkTalk's Director of customer service. I would have emailed it to TalkTalk but my bank name didn't correlate with phone number despite me being logged into my account
Old 26 January 2009, 09:33 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Talktalk have one of the worst reps as an ISP.. sorry mate .. good luck with them.
Old 26 January 2009, 09:43 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

For the last 4-5 months they have been fine and the speed has been great. I'm just really angry but fortunately my sister is a contract lawyer so I'd like to think they're in for a hard time at least.
Old 26 January 2009, 09:44 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

talk talk are ******, just wait until you try and cancel
Old 05 February 2009, 08:50 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Had a call from TalkTalk tonight. I now have a personal account manager whose direct dial, landline number I have. He has explained that the call centre staff didn't know what was going on, confirmed all my details back to me without any prompting and gave me a £10 credit on my account (Approx 3 weeks free phone and broadband).

Can't really complain too much at the moment, lets see how it goes. As an aside, my letter of complaint was acknowledged by trading standards, but not by OfCom!!
Old 05 February 2009, 10:50 PM
Luke
BANNED

Vodafone are not a lot better

I get best results when i cancel the direct debit payment scheme. Companies tend to act better when they have to wait for you to pay them

Trending Topics

Old 05 February 2009, 11:17 PM
RJMS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luke
Vodafone are not a lot better

I get best results when i cancel the direct debit payment scheme. Companies tend to act better when they have to wait for you to pay them
Didn't work for me, my credit card expired so they sent me a form to give them details for a new one - (you can't do it online any more ) sent it off and a couple of weeks later my account was suspended no warning, nothing. I only discovered this at the most inconvenient time possible of course (out for the day, no land line to use etc.) couldn't even ring them on 191 to sort it out. Turned out they had sent a text to my 3G modem which gets used about once every 6 weeks telling me about the problem, didn't bother sending anything to my phone of course - that would have been too easy!

I'm also with TalkTalk and have to say once the original contract was sorted to my satisfaction, which took an awfully long time (about 4 months I think) they have been great, fast reliable connection etc. although their e-billing system is a bit strange - a zip file containing a PDF summary and within the original zip another zip containing a PDF bill, not really an issue just a bit weird

Last edited by RJMS; 05 February 2009 at 11:18 PM.