Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I had my first ROAD RAGE pyscho!!!

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2009, 09:16 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I had my first ROAD RAGE pyscho!!!

coming off a roundabout onto the motorway thismorning I was stuck behind a car doing 40mph on the outside lane which didnt bother me as it was an elderly fella. I waited till i seen an opening on the fast lane did the whole mirror signal manoveur jobbie and as soon as i was about to go into the other lane, the car behind me decided to move out then stick in indicator on and shot past me causing me to have to swerve back into the outside lane or he would have hit me!!!

I blew a fuse at his sheer inconsideration of my indication and the fact he nearly at best wrote off my car or at worst killed me and the girlfriend

I raced up behind him and then came up beside him and i totally lit swearing and pointing at how much of a ***** he was, then i realised i was being an **** (but in my opinion with good cause)

I am a skinny unconfrontational person but i just couldnt contain myself and i know if i had of seen him park up near me i would have chinned him.

James - Road Rage Sufferer

Last edited by Jamz3k; 24 January 2009 at 09:17 AM.
Old 24 January 2009, 12:03 PM
Timwinner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know the feeling, You get home and think to yourself "I acted like a right tool" but at the time you cant help yourself.
Its natural to loose it from time to time, everyone does it, You realised it was wrong, wound it in and got on with your day.

Dont loose sleep about it, just proves your human.
Old 24 January 2009, 12:14 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

safest way to lose it is to count to 10, calmly pull over to the side or the hard shoulder and nut and kick a tree or a wall. When consciousness returns, hobble lamely back to the car. The miscreant driver will no longer be in the forefront or your mind.

J.
Old 24 January 2009, 02:30 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BigJay
coming off a roundabout onto the motorway thismorning I was stuck behind a car doing 40mph on the outside lane which didnt bother me as it was an elderly fella. I waited till i seen an opening on the fast lane did the whole mirror signal manoveur jobbie and as soon as i was about to go into the other lane, the car behind me decided to move out then stick in indicator on and shot past me causing me to have to swerve back into the outside lane or he would have hit me!!!

I blew a fuse at his sheer inconsideration of my indication and the fact he nearly at best wrote off my car or at worst killed me and the girlfriend

I raced up behind him and then came up beside him and i totally lit swearing and pointing at how much of a ***** he was, then i realised i was being an **** (but in my opinion with good cause)

I am a skinny unconfrontational person but i just couldnt contain myself and i know if i had of seen him park up near me i would have chinned him.

Neo, there is no "fast lane".
Old 25 January 2009, 07:40 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

weve all done it mate but eventually you learn to calm down when this sort of thing happens.I find my wife winds me up when shes with me when someone does a dodgy move so its a double wammy.
At least the other driver didn't react to your ranting which would have been a different story
Old 25 January 2009, 09:18 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

i have moments of madness on teh roads . due to some of the fools on them who have no fooking idea how to drive or be considerate to other drivers

normally these idiots women on phones
Old 11 March 2009, 01:19 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

On my way home from work this morning I had some little ***** walking in the middle of the road. I beeped my horn to ask them to move and one of them turned around kicked my car and gave me the w@anker sign

To say I lost it and understatement, I was practically foaming at the mouth, his arrogant stagger soon disappeared and he and his mate ran for the hills. Luckily I was trying to get out of the car with my seatbelt still on and the car rolling backwards so they got away.

Now I have had chance to calm down (still shaking with adrenaline) I actually scared myself. the little **** could have really done with a slap but I felt like ripping him apart at the time.

Rant over, off for a nice calming cup of tea

Trending Topics

Old 11 March 2009, 01:23 PM
Paul3446
Scooby Regular

You'd better make it Camomile!
Old 11 March 2009, 01:31 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Wooooossaaaaaaa!

Happens to us all indeed, at least you acknowledge the hyper-rage was a bit much. It should help you to be able to spot when you feel like you're going to explode next time and nip it in the bud. Ahhh, I miss the good old days of anger management classes, not
Old 11 March 2009, 01:46 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm normally laid back though , if these two had given me the w@nker sign in the street I would have let it go. When he kicked my precious rusty vectra though something just snapped.
Lucky they ran really I could either be in custody for beating the **** out of them, or lying dead in the road because one of them pulled a knife on me.

I can still see the utterlook of fear in the little ******* face, which at least might make him think twice about walking down the middle of the road next time
Old 11 March 2009, 02:04 PM
Luke
BANNED

Waste of time. If they cause a accident call the ambulance and police (in that order)

If they get verbal etc and you react to it ? then you have issues just like them

drive off and chill out.
Old 11 March 2009, 02:33 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kingofturds
I'm normally laid back though , if these two had given me the w@nker sign in the street I would have let it go. When he kicked my precious rusty vectra though something just snapped.
Lucky they ran really I could either be in custody for beating the **** out of them, or lying dead in the road because one of them pulled a knife on me.

I can still see the utterlook of fear in the little ******* face, which at least might make him think twice about walking down the middle of the road next time
It's amazing what a bit of uncontrolled anger can make us do, indeed.

I usually find that ******* move out of the road when you don't stop or slow down for them, well, nine times out of ten anyway
Old 11 March 2009, 02:40 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamz3k

Perhaps he was an ex Vulcan pilot out for revenge
Old 11 March 2009, 03:13 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

It's a cultural thing!
Here, in Japan, someone makes a mistake (not unusual as driving standards are not good) and it's a bow of apology (admission of guilt) and a returned bow, then incident over.
Too many egos on the move in some places, Lol.

Drive safe.
Old 11 March 2009, 03:55 PM
thesyn
Scooby Regular

Good to see that the legendary Scoobynet fighting spirit hasn't completely vanished
Probably best to stay relaxed in the circumstances though.
Old 11 March 2009, 03:58 PM
Luke
BANNED

Originally Posted by coolangatta
It's a cultural thing!
Here, in Japan, someone makes a mistake (not unusual as driving standards are not good) and it's a bow of apology (admission of guilt) and a returned bow, then incident over.
Too many egos on the move in some places, Lol.

Drive safe.

Thats the issue
every man and his dog has "ego" issues. No one these days can just walk away .

The chances are in life "he who shouts first" loses the fight
Old 12 March 2009, 01:31 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I know how you felt James and I feel the same way if I get cut up by some maniac who is pushing my luck for me. Its very difficult to resist some kind of a meaningful act in reply and I find its better if the traffic makes it impossible to catch up with him even though it is frustrating.

Les