Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The cheek of it......

Search this Thread

Old 13 January 2009, 10:10 AM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The cheek of it......

Get on pretty well with out neighbours....

Feel really sorry for the ones we are attached to, her husband died prematurely back in December of a brain haemorrhage, she was pregnant with kid number 6 (Catholics ) at the time and has now given birth to him. They're a lovely family.

So as you can imagine we get our fair share of noise from next door, kids making a racket when I want a lie in, etc. We're fairly tolerant and don't complain about it, I'm pretty good at sleeping through most stuff and to be honest I really don't mind hearing the kids having fun Whenever we see her she is always very apologetic about the noise they make and we say it's fine.

Anyway last night I had to crack on with a little bit of DIY on a bedroom we are redecorating, got someone coming to plaster it later on in the week so there we a few bits I needed to finish before then including replacing the trim on a door frame. It was around 8:30pm, must have hammered in about a dozen nails while doing this door frame so a bit noisy, but I'm finished. The doorbell rings...

A friend of hers who was round there at the time has apparently taken it upon herself to come round and complain about the noise. She said she was advised not to by our neighbour and she told me that we have to put up with a lot noise from them and we hardly ever make any So what's the fecking problem, one noisy night in the year and a half we've been living there, and all done by 9pm. Bit pissed off really Could start complaining every time they make noise that I find irritating but we get on well with them. Why had this friend decided to stick their beak in, apparently against advise from our neighbour

Rant over
Old 13 January 2009, 10:16 AM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

Should have kicked her in the ****, then as she doubled up slammed the door on her head.

Not sure how you stand legally doing this, but I guarantee you'd have felt 100% better.
Old 13 January 2009, 10:16 AM
Turbo2
Scooby Regular

Drunk?
Old 13 January 2009, 10:21 AM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbo2
Drunk?
No I was as sober as a judge for a change
Old 13 January 2009, 10:22 AM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Odds on
Should have kicked her in the ****, then as she doubled up slammed the door on her head.

Not sure how you stand legally doing this, but I guarantee you'd have felt 100% better.
Hmmm possibly one option. She was a bit of a milf though, if the missus wasn't home I could have invited her in a punished her in a different way Then they'd have some noise to complain about next door
Old 13 January 2009, 10:25 AM
stilover
Scooby Regular

There is a property near to where I live that have a party one Sunday afternoon every year. Mid Summer. Music is pretty loud, but closing your window gets rid of most of it. Put TV on, or move to the back room and you'd never know there was a party happening.

One afternoon, once a year. Not a problem right? Wrong. Some of my neighbours insist on phoning the police to get the party stopped. I've spoken to the complainers (huddled round each other complaining) and said it's one afternoon once a year. They have none of it.

Guess some people are just born complainers with no tolerance for anything other than what they do.